nutter
Years ago

NH: Gold Coast Football Club

Saw on the footy show last night that the new Gold Coast Football Club is to go with out a nickname, also they are to use the colours of the crows, Red, Blue, Yellow and White. The club mascot also looks like Popeye in a life gaurd outfit...

Thoughts?

Topic #17216 | Report this topic

Skin  
Years ago

Think they sould have gone with a Green Blue and White colour scheme. I like the Sharks as a Nickname and Popeye sounds ok

Reply #202887 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

The whole thing was lame.....the logo looks terrible and uninspired, like a kid on MS Paint designed it.

Surely we don't need anymore red and blue teams, do we ? How do the AFL feel about this ? Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Western Bulldogs and now Gold Coast ? Stupid.

And what about merchandise ? If they had a good nickname like Sharks, Stingrays, Dolphins or Marlins, they could rake in the cash, and have a cool hook to drag in the kiddies of the region.

I agree that they should've had some form of green in there, but apparently red and yellow are eye-catching together (McDonalds, Hungry Jack's, Shell) so again, it was probably decided by some marketing firm, instead of real footy people.

Reply #202890 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

From what the CEO (or whoever it was) said last night, it seems as though they will probably have a nickname eventually, but one that just come to them. Which is fair enough, the team won't in the league until 2011.

Reply #202896 | Report this post

MP  
Years ago

If they use that for a jumper, it look like a bit of a play on the old Brisbane Bears Jumper. Wont look too bad if the jumper is mostly yellow, - wont clash with anyone!

Reply #202907 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

pretty poor if u ask me they definately need a name, i like the sharks too. Also i think they should have gone with the same colours as the titans and blaze have gone so as nation we automatically identify gc teams in all sports by there colours.

The mascot is totally lame and rather gay

Reply #202925 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Pathetic.

Drb: I agree with what he said. All GC use the same colours and we'll always ID them as being from the GC.

Simple!

Reply #202937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There gurnsey isnt set yet. Just remeber they wont be playing until 3years time. They havent even got a coaching panel. let them get the more important things out the way before they have a nickname or gurnsey.

Reply #202958 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Absolute disgrace! Champ33 is right, they should have gone with the light blue, orange/yellow and white like the Blaze and Titans. Waaaaayy too much like the Crows and Brizzy. Yellow and red is possibly the ugliest colour combo ever (i'm not gay btw) and I wouldn't be suprised if the logo was designed by the CEO's toddler son.

I think people will eventually give the team a nickname themselves. Gold Coast Fags???

As for their actual team, they're getting 9 of the best young players in the country in 2010, in 4-5 years they will be a top4 team... and they still feel hard done by. pfft.

Reply #202973 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reckon you can give up on the homophobic language? It's pretty offensive for some of the Hoops readers and there are other ways you can express your dislike of a colour scheme/logo/etc.

Reply #203045 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Being homophobic is so gay

Reply #203050 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

lol MW. Soz Isaac, I meant fag as in cigarette ;)

Reply #203080 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That's cool - it's just a habit worth breaking IMO.

Reply #203098 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:31 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754