Years ago

Who will take Charlie home tonight? *Spoiler*

My money's on Brent Harvey...

Oustider is Dane Swan.

What do others reckon?

Topic #17428 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

I'm tippin Bartel again. I really don't rate Boomer Harvey a chance.

I've got money on:
Swan to poll votes in the most games
Scotty Thompson to finish top 5
S.Burgoyne to lead Port

fingers crossed.

Reply #205016 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Back to Back for Bartel by a vote.

Reply #205017 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

If you can't watch it on TV, the you can listen to it live and follow it on the net at this link.

http://linky.com.au/byuam

Reply #205019 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

What a crock up to start the night!

Reply #205032 | Report this post

hooked  
Years ago

what happened? at the start

Reply #205038 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Round 2 votes were read out before round 1

Reply #205039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After 12 rounds its Black on 20, Goodes and Cooney on 19 and Ablett on 16 with Richo. Back on 13 is Buddy Franklin, Sewell and Sam Mitchell who is making a bit of a move.

Reply #205043 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

Bit miffed at Jimmy Bartel being so far down the board, I thought he would have polled a bit better in the first half of the season....

Reply #205047 | Report this post

missed out  
Years ago

cooney just won it by one to black then ablett and richo

Reply #205049 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

coooooooooooooooney!

Reply #205051 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I can't say for me personally that I think Cooney was good enough this year to win it, fades in and out of games too much for my liking.

As painful as it is for me to say this but I think Richo would have been more deserving than Cooney.

Reply #205052 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I really don't have much faith in the Brownlow system after that. With Bartel getting just 10 votes and Black/Goodes getting around 20 it's clear the umpires just vote for their favourite players. Don't know what Jimmy did this year to piss them off though. One game he had 37 possesions and was clearly best on ground but didnt poll a vote.

Shouldn't be surprised really, the medal IS judged by the least intelligent people in football (excluding port supporters ;)

Cooney seems like a nice guy but there is no way in hell he was the best player in the league this year.

Reply #205054 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

it would have been nice to see richo get it this was his one year if he was ever going to have a shot. Good to see a SA boy get up though, but as others have said not really the best player this year.

Reply #205055 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Wayne Carey, Leigh Matthews, Ted Whitten Snr, Gary Ablett Snr & Jason Dunstall.

The Top 5 All Time Players according to Mike Sheehan. Hard to argue with the Top 4. What do they all have in common? No Brownlows.

Geelong players were always going to steal votes of each other. I too am surprised that Bartell didnt poll more votes but dont dismiss Cooney from being a worthy winner.

Who from the Western Bulldogs was gonna steal a lot of votes from him? Or from Black in Brisbane and Richo in Richmond.

Reply #205082 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Cross, Power, Deledio, Tuck?

All the Brownlow means to me is the player who the umpires believed was the best over the season. Therefore I guess Cooney is a worthy Brownlow medallist. Whether or not the umpires are right is another question.

But they clearly have their favourites. eg. Black, Goodes, Kerr, Judd.

Reply #205183 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:33 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754