Good News
Years ago

Spectator Fees Reduced

It has just been announced that spectator fee's for the summer season for all junior games is to be reduced from $4.50 to $3.00

Topic #17695 | Report this topic

4th Spazzy  
Years ago

that is a Great start..would be better if it was year round and actually free...it is discracefull that parents have to PAY to watch their children play...After paying for uniforms, club fees, petrol and then weekly game fees, the parents are then slugged to watch...is there another sport that does this..?

Reply #207810 | Report this post

Donald Trump  
Years ago

The old 'gold coin donation' would be nice!

Reply #207813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually, you have to pay to get into country football and netball $5/adult, kids free

Reply #207821 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

Yeah, but thats only cause you're bringin your car into the ground.

I think that that is pretty piss poor that you have to pay to watch. You've got the canteen, uniforms, plus game and season fees to make money off, but to pay to watch is pretty sad. Being a country kid who would like to play metro, i doubt my parents would be willing to pay for all of this stuff, and then paying to watch me to.

Reply #207834 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

No, that's per person at Country footy.

Reply #207841 | Report this post

Pirie Panthers  
Years ago

Port Pirie

Basketball: $3.00 per players, $2.00 per spectator, $1.00 for children under 8... I think.
Over 5 nights of basketball competition (Mon to Fri), if you watch on Monday, you get in FREE for the rest of the week to watch.

Netball: $1.00 to play or to watch on outside courts. $2.00 per Adult, $1.00 per Child on indoor court.

Football: $5.00 per person, whether in a car or not.

Tennis: FREE entry to Play or to Spectate.

They are all the sports I know charges for... We also have Hockey, Softball, Baseball, Squash, Volleyball and a whole heap of others...

Reply #207868 | Report this post

gravity man  
Years ago

BasketballSA was forced to make changes following numerous complaints from spectators,so their admission to watch has fallen while players fees have gone up to assure BASA doesnt go pennyless by end of year.Its disgraceful for parents to pay to watch,im looking at alternate sports where parents dont have to pay like schools football.

Reply #207883 | Report this post

filmmaker  
Years ago

Honestly I was surprised and happy at Wayville Thursday night when we had to pay less (even though the money ended up at the canteen anyway) and thought that it came out of the umpires pockets. (I was happy about that too as the reffing was a disgrace, and Wayville last season was apparently good. Thursday at one point they stoped even trying to make it to their spots and when my son asked about a call was totally ignored! So I was defiantly hoping to difference came out of their pay)
All in all I don't mind paying for entrance because it would not be cheap to run this comp. (maintenance of stadiums, training and development of officials and BSA staff oh and it would cost a lot to pay the umpires.)

Reply #207900 | Report this post

PK Mum  
Years ago

Definitely came out of the refs pay.... there was only one ref on for at least one match down at Pt Adelaide last night!

Reply #207921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Port Adelaide have refs? Since when?

Reply #207924 | Report this post

shotclock  
Years ago

Thur night at Wayville-by 3rd quarter nearly went to advise UIC that perhaps his umpires needed a nanna nap! as one ump found it necessary to lean against the wall while the game was at the other end of the court, thought I had better check with one of my children (who also umpires) but I believe his position should have been between the half court and 3pt line. If my child umpired with the level of disinterest shown on Thurs I would be questioning their commitment and this was the first round of the season!! With regard to entrance fees, we now need to encourage those parents who drop and go, to come in and watch their child play and also bring grandparents and other family members to increase spectators so BSA can hopefully keep the fees low for winter as well.

Reply #207930 | Report this post

3pthotshot  
Years ago

wayville on thurs in last game on thurs, Eagles were playing and at a time out one of the reffs goes and starts chatting with a couple of eagles supporters, and starts laughing with them. kinda makes it look like a conflict of interest. and well makes me think how could he possibly be trusted to call the game down the middle if he's chatting with people watching the game.

Reply #208006 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

don't know why so many of you chump ass parents complain about fees to watch the game then try to compare basketball to other sports... incase you haven't noticed basketball isn't netball, or football, or soccer, and as a result doesn't have as many followers, meaning higher fees need to cover the smaller amount of players... so stop bitching and get more people involved in the sport if you want to see the fees go down to $1 at games

Reply #208027 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

How long has Divi 1 women tues night been $9.50!!!!

Reply #208356 | Report this post

foxyOLD1  
Years ago

I think it has been $9.50 for a while! :-)

I understand it's often a challenge to get scorers.
I'm not sure it would make any difference...
Maybe it has already been suggested that scorers don't have to pay???? Like in Church Basketball???

Seriously. The one week you have time to turn up to watch...you get to pay to score!

Gotta laugh...clearly. Maybe BSA is in such financial straits?
waiving the fees would just be a nice gesture...same old (figure of speech only!) parents usually seem to be "doing it" :-)

Reply #209610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scorers for Senior games do in fact get free entry and have done so for a long time.

Reply #209618 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:44 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754