YO YO
Years ago

Sixers and Dome sold?

Spoke to a few people who know people over the weekend and there was a suggestion that the dome has been sold with the sixers to soon follow.

Anyone heard anything?

Topic #17711 | Report this topic

Thomo  
Years ago

dome to venuetixs, sixers to shahin would be my bet

Reply #208111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1/2

Reply #208113 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

The media reports, a few weeks ago, were venue tix in the final stages of buying the dome.
Is that one right ?
36ers, Mal said in the media, that if the dome buyer wanted the sixers, as well , as part of the deal then it would be done.
Would it be venue tix, also, then ?

Reply #208115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who would buy the sixers?

Reply #208122 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

OK, sounds like it's just the dome, then, to venuetix

Reply #208125 | Report this post

moneybag  
Years ago

Hopefully the team doesn't end up in Shahin's hands. Dodgy wouldn't even begin to describe it.

Reply #208134 | Report this post

KC- gone  
Years ago

Crows?

Reply #208148 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Signing Wednesday I believe

Reply #208161 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

i would be very careful there "moneybags" I would not like to be you with an upset Shahin family chasing you for slander

Reply #208168 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

who the hell is shahin? sounds like some chumps

on another note... atleast with venuetix owning the dome that means they will look after it and make it useful for more than just sports

Reply #208175 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Sam Shahin (and his family) owns Peregrine Corporation, known across Adelaide for their "On the Run" stores, most of which are BP sites that run 24x7 with mini-stores such as C Coffee, Wok in a Box, Subway and Brumby's inside, depending on the site. Peregrine also own Smokemart.

Reply #208180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

still not 2/2

Reply #208209 | Report this post

ExWhy  
Years ago

Is he a basketball lover? Will he spend big?

Reply #208210 | Report this post

Number 44  
Years ago

No one will buy the 36ers with the uncertainty of what is happening with the NBL.

Reply #208225 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Sam Shahin is a huge 36ers fan, sits in the Southern Stand - centre court - about four rows up.
My information is that Sam, Mark Lewis, nor any of the major sponsors are interested in buying the team.

The question that has to be asked is "What is the 36ers licence worth"? The information I have is that it is practically worthless if Adelaide IS NOT one of the teams in the ?New NBL proposed by BA/NBL. Why would anyone buy a team if they don't have assurances that the team will exist after this season?

If the Dome has been sold to Venuetix then it will be interesting to see what they do with it if:
1. The sixers are no longer in the NBL in 2009.
2. They can't get the zoning changed.
3. Will Basketball SA have to find a new home?
4. Will the new owners let the Dome be used for
domestic basketball? (would it be cost effective)
5. Will the new owners let the Dome be used by
Woodville as a home base (would the rent be too
high)? This would also include ABL games.

Reply #208232 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Would Adelaide United be a possibility?

With the NEWbl coming in are they going to do away with existing names in the same way the NSL ditched Adelaide City and all the other clubs to form new organisations and start from the ground up.

United buy the Sixers - relaunching them under the United banner and run the 2 teams in parallel.

Combined training facilities
Combined administration
Combined marketting

Seems to have lots of advantages and could be a way to build a very strong club for SA which appeals to a wider audience than just the one sport could?

Reply #208235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i'm thinking Linkdome!!!!

Reply #208278 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

The former NBL brands (Adelaide 36ers, Melbourne Tiger, and Perth Wildcats) will be kept in the new league, the NBL relaunch will be nothing like the old NSL into the A League as they had to kill off the old NSL and make new brands to break away from the ethnic ties in the football communities.

Maybe in Sydney they will reinvent the brand but not in Melbourne, Perth or Adelaide as the history is too great and successful.

Reply #208280 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

yep the have allready said, tigers, 36ers and wildcats will be names carried over into the newbl

Reply #208285 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Conditional on someone putting up the money of course.

Reply #208290 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

the money is there and so far no-one has guessed correctly. Signing tomorrow.

Reply #208317 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Pickard ?

Reply #208318 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

It will be a joint effort  Enron and the Lehman Brothers. Mark my words...it's a done deal.

Reply #208319 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Still not 2/2 from any guesses that I've seen.

Reply #208334 | Report this post

????  
Years ago

Nothing is going to happen. Thats my guess.

Reply #208339 | Report this post

ExWhy  
Years ago

I'm with ????...Nothing is going to happen today!

Reply #208343 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

is happening today but may not be announced today

Reply #208347 | Report this post

ExWhy  
Years ago

well, only time will tell now...
Let's see if lightning strikes!

Reply #208350 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Well....anything?

Reply #208416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why buy a tired brand that is not improving- scrap it for something new in a revised comp. The old soccer comp had a history too but a new comp created an audience far wider that ever imagined and did away with the tired old format, complacent players and an assurance of getting a gig.

Reply #208480 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You'd buy the existing team/brand because it comes with 4,000 or so on-going fans, a good amount of history and awareness amongst the public and media, etc. That's a good platform to build on.

The "Spirit" recreated a brand and it's been a huge mistake.

Reply #208483 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

With Venuetix (I assume that was the 1 out of 2) buying the Dome, is there any ASSurance that the Dome office block, will still accomodate the 36er, &/or BA admin/s?

Reply #208630 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

"With Venuetix (I assume that was the 1 out of 2) buying the Dome, is there any ASSurance that the Dome office block, will still accomodate the 36er, &/or BA admin/s?

Posted by DDFan within the "

Translation:

'Does this mean DDfan can get his 'job' back as a volunteer?'

Reply #208638 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

No chance, but you can dream. ; )

Reply #208659 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

There was a signing, at The Dome on Thursday.
That was the Crows and Sixers agreement for sharing resources and cross promotions etc , for extra exposure amongst other things they will do together.

Reply #208660 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I think there was a little more than that paperwork signed Camel, expect Boti to break the story next week.

Reply #208662 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

mmmm, OK, I'll have to get the paper, early every morning then....

Reply #208663 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:14 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754