Ben Fitz
Years ago

NH- Skaife out of HRT at years end

Hot off the rumour mill is that Skaife has been let go and reeplaced by DJR's Will Davidson in the number 2 seat at HRT for next year.

This then allows James Courtney to move to DJR where hopefully for Dick he is bringing in some Ford money back to the operation.

Topic #17751 | Report this topic

bluey  
Years ago

Not exactly hot off the rumour mill, considering Monday pm it was released that Will Davison was joining HRT and the Courtney one was announced a few weeks ago.

Will has come outand denied it of course here but I personally think it would be a decent move for him but he needs to be more consistent or else he will be out of HRT pretty quick too.

Reply #208469 | Report this post

ANON12  
Years ago

Sad to see Skaife going, even though I am a Ford fan.
I thought that Ford were only going to finance Stone Brothers and FPR. Would Courtney going to DJR make a difference?

Reply #208470 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Cheers Bluey, first i heard of the Skaife thing being definite was this morning.

The way i understand it is that Courtney would take some of the Ford money to DJR that was planned for him to use as part of the all star team that was muted around a while back.

Reply #208472 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Well the most interesting thing to come out of this is who owns HRT and who will own them in the future.

VESA say you have to be a person of repute to own a team, Tom Walkinshaw doesn't fit that profile to me with his past in the UK particularly. Currently I believe Skaife through Skaife Sport (or Motorsport cant remember the name) technically owns the license to race, but Walkinshaw Performance owns everything else ie cars, engine preparation facilities etc. So what happens to that I have no idea.

But supposedly Skaife Sport will run a single car operation next year obviously with Mark as the driver sponsored by Holden E85 - car number 85 - and some other sponsors. Not sure where that license will come from, but I think it will be one of the old PWR licenses with VESA has on hold.

How this all washes up next year will be interesting, because I have also heard that Perkins is probably going to lose Jack Daniels sponsorship because they are unhappy with results and that Perkin might end up running Walkinshaw engines. So on the Holden side there will be, Skaife, 2 x HRT, 2 x HSVDT (in some form cos there looks like changes in that camp too), PWR, 2 x Perkins, 2 x BJR all running Walkinshaw engines and chassis (Perkins only engines at this stage). With GRM and Tasman left to fight it out as the only independent teams.

On the Ford side you will have FPR/SBR/Britek/FRSR & 888/DJR/PCR

Reply #208473 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Bluey do you think Garry Rogers feels like Paul Stoddart at the moment?

Reply #208474 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

I doubt it he doesnt have the money ;)

Would be good to see GRM and Tasman create some sort of alliance. Garry Rogers would bring to Tasman many years of experience that would help them immensely

Lee Holdsworth wont win a championship in a jet but it would be good to see Tasman get some help, I am a big Jason Richards fan and to see him on the podium at Bathurst was great (its just a shame about the obnoxious sheep shagger standing next to him though)

Reply #208481 | Report this post

sammy  
Years ago

if lee holdsworth goes to a gd team with a good car he can win a championship. it would be gd to see tasman have some help because they have potential with richards and murphy at the helm. it would be gd to see davidson at HRT coz there he has the equipment to win a championship. tander will have no1 to stuff up his race at bathurst nxt yr. im a holden supporter who is sick of seein only tander up there amongst 3 or 4 fords with rick kelly jus off the pace is 6th. its time to invest money in all holden teams, give waulity drivers like holdsworth, richards, murphy, and the jack daniels crew so we hav more of a threat at a championship. get price back in a holden. he is an up and comin star along with andrew thompson. put price alongside skaife mayb if skaife will drive an holden e85 car and invest in some rookies from other categories. such as james moffat and sum great formula fords drivers comin through the ranks

Reply #208576 | Report this post

Shirley Schmidt  
Years ago

Full article in the Daily Telegraph :

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24543126-5001023,00.html

Reply #208585 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Im not sure what is says about me that my first thought when I saw the title was that Scaife was giving up Hormone Replacement Therapy.

Reply #208586 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:18 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754