Anonymous
Years ago

Lightning go down

Is this a sign of things to come? or did they just have a bad game without their captain?

Topic #17806 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

Sam didn't play in the last game that they won, which was shown on TV, and , I saw one game at the dome. They look pretty good to me.

Reply #208945 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Bulleen will be in the top 3 with Canberra and Adelaide.

Reply #208951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They need another strong guard. Marino is a great shooter but has no defensive skills at all!!!! Williams is also not going to cut it. The step from ABA to WNBL is just too big for her. I think its going to be difficult them in the guard dept because Foley cant do it all herself

Reply #208952 | Report this post

love the bludge  
Years ago

Was Mansfield considered or is there other reasons that this quality guard would not be involved?

ABA all-star and a young player with heaps of potential to get to the next level.

Reply #208967 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Lauren is playing in the US I think?

Reply #208969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i wouldnt look too much into the loss. Bulleen have a great list and i would expect them to be close to the top this season. Lightning were also on a double road trip so could be a different result if they play Bulleen at home. Plus they are nursing a few injuries.

I think Marino has stepped up pretty well so far in the games ive seen, she is averaging 15-20 points per game plus a few assists and rebounds. But we definately need a back up to her.

Reply #208988 | Report this post

--  
Years ago

I was at the Bulleen game this weekend and all those Marino haters need to take a chill-pill. She played almost the entire game, hit a crazy percentage of threes that were mostly from meters outside the three with two hands in her face!
I mean, some may argue bad shot selection but she just kept pulling them out every time Bulleen seemed to start getting ahead.
F
oley was a true pro, as always, and did well with exceptional defence on her.

For Adelaide to have another championship season they need to start utilizing Cayla Francis more. She was hardly involved in the game until about 5 minutes to go, and then we saw glimpses of her potential on the low block. She needs to get the ball more often, but the perimeter players seem inept at giving it too her in a position where she can score.

Bulleen are finals contenders for sure.

Reply #208989 | Report this post

leopard  
Years ago

Marino has been in top form this year, better than I remember her playing before, and it's no disgrace for Lightning to go down one goal on a double weekend road trip. Give 'em a break!!

Reply #208996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Williams get a chance to step up or will she stay a fringe player? Not sure that she will cope at that level.

Your right marino has stepped up and is a really good offensive player, but can she defend???? No!!!

Reply #209001 | Report this post

Years ago

williams is not what we need, i have reservations if she is really wnbl standard - we need another top line shooting guard to complete our roster.

foley and marino are up for it - but we need to pray they dont get injured.

the bendigo game really exposed a deficency in our back court when foley and marino are off.

bulleen are a v good unit this year and i would expect them to go top 4 with adel, caps and fire.

Reply #209060 | Report this post

Years ago

mia newley is starting to look the goods - maybe she can run as a guard.

foley for opals for sure - she is showing enough to get an invite back to connecticut as well.

Reply #209061 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:44 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754