Isaac
Years ago

Luke Schenscher is NBL POTW

After a big snub from the horrible John Rillie in his Team of the Week picks, 36er Luke Schenscher has been named the NBL's Player of the Week. Rillie's tip at centre, Chris Anstey, was relegated to the honourable mentions by the NBL.

ADELAIDE GIANT NAMED PLAYER OF THE WEEK

The National Basketball League (NBL) has named Adelaide 36ers giant rookie centre Luke Schenscher as the Player of the Week for Round Six for putting up an amazing performance in his team's 104-93 loss to the Perth Wildcats at the Distinctive Homes Dome on Saturday night.

The 216cm Schenscher, who is the tallest player in the NBL, scored a game-high 33 points and added an incredible 20 rebounds against Perth. That effort saw him become the first Adelaide player to record at least 30 points and 20 rebounds in a game since Mark Bradtke way back in 1992.

Eighteen of Schenscher's points were scored in the third quarter along with 10 of his rebounds, as he helped the 36ers recover from a poor start and kept them in the game. He also had two assist and one block for the match, shooting the ball at an efficient 11-of-17 from the field and 11-of-13 from the free throw line.
Runner-up mentions went to Shawn Redhage, Darnell Hinson, Ebi Ere, Corey Williams, and Kirk Penney.

The honoured list was:
Others in consideration for Player of the Week included Chris Anstey (Melbourne), Derrick Low (Sydney), Liam Rush (Sydney), Dusty Rychart (Wollongong), Kavossy Franklin (Wollongong), Larry Abney (Cairns), Matt Burston (South), James Harvey (Gold Coast), Shane Heal (Gold Coast), Russell Hinder (Townsville), and Oscar Forman (New Zealand)
Anstey's 26 and 16 in a win could probably have seen him push out Ere who took a lot of shots to get his numbers.

Anyone else worth a mention? I'd say Jacob Holmes would've got in if the 36ers had won. They seem to have covered just about everyone else though.

Topic #17827 | Report this topic

Mutley  
Years ago

A great result for big Luke. It is a long time since I've thought someone was as good as he was in a poor team performance.

Reply #209160 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

What I don't get, why was Schench only credited one block? I can recall him smothering Hinson layup attempts on several occasions (although some were so embarrassing they could have been recorded as steals?)

Reply #209170 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Yeah I thought I saw a few more too.

Reply #209191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he should b playin 40 mins every game, cooper stinks

Reply #209204 | Report this post

Chickenboy  
Years ago

Top notch result for the big guy. I haven't seen much about him but what I have heard has all been good so far. You can't argue with those numbers. I can't wait 'til the 6ers get to Melbourne in a couple of weeks to get a look at him.

Reply #209212 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

The big fella thoroughly deserved it. Well done! Nice to see the NBL get something right too.

Reply #209265 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:54 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754