joker
Years ago

Sixers to beat Spirit

Surely we are more than capable of winning this game.Spirit started last year strong then died big time and it was at this time last season they started falling off the pace big time.This is a game for us for sure so lets get behind the team we will get them by 30 we did last year with less talent.

Topic #17855 | Report this topic

joker  
Years ago

Forgot to mention they also play the Dragons the night before perfect for us to get a big win.

Reply #209454 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Last season was last season! Spirit are a much better team and mature now. We will have to play four quarters of good basketball if we are to win the game.

Reply #209456 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

If the Spirit play the Dragons the night before, then the sixers should win at home. But I'd be expecting a close game.

Reply #209461 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Joker, you might be thinking of our 22 point win. Yes, they will have travelled and we must win, but without Maher or Winitana, I don't think it needs to be a 30 point margin - any sort of win will do right now.

Reply #209466 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Just like the Hawks played Perth in Perth then had to travel home to play the week long rested 36ers the next night, I think the Spirit will be to tall, deep and talented for the 36ers this week, but lets hope I am wrong.

Reply #209469 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Isaac - No Maher is a big loss. But yet to be convinced that we are losing anything by not having Winitana available. I wonder if Tyndale will step up after all of Boti's comments.

Reply #209482 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Outside of the pre-season Winitana hasn't shown his best, but with Maher missing, our SG stocks remaining are Hill and Burdon. Up against Derrick Low. Maybe you put Tyndale on Low, but then who on Rush? Holmes is the only real option.

The timing is pretty bad as this is a critical game to win. Have to put away any visiting side outside the top 3-4 (worst case) to start making a run.

Reply #209486 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

I am tired about hearing how well guys are training (Advertiser this morning), it is what happens in the game that counts. I know I was one of the great football trainers, but the last guy you would pick in a game!
As usual I will be there on Sunday, but people are now expecting some return for their dollar and attendance. It is no fun being beaten constantly.

Reply #209495 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Spirit.. big team, good team really. Hard at it for 48mins. Interesting, close game.

Reply #209500 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

squid:
"As usual I will be there on Sunday, but people are now expecting some return for their dollar and attendance. It is no fun being beaten constantly".

I feel for yah bud, the pressure's all on you.

BTW, I'm not overly confident of a win, but I'll still go.

Reply #209521 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Sydney have a rather hateful frontcourt; but considering Big Luke will still be buzzing over the last game, I'd expect a better defensive effort than the last 2 meetings.

Ballinger's presence should free up Bruce, Tyndale and Davidson for more perimeter shots.

Sixers by 17.

Reply #209524 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I'ld like to see Scotty clear the bench like Voldemort did one game last season (Dench, Sutton, Dodman, Burdon, Gerlach).

Who would the 5 be this year?

(Hoban, Burdon, Kersten, Cooper, ?)

Reply #209593 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, the timing is only bad because the 36ers have dug themselves the hole they are in. If they were 5-2 instead of 2-5, timing would not be an issue.

Reply #209598 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And I didn't say otherwise. That said, I still think it would've been an issue if their record was better anyway. Going up against Melbourne in Melbourne, you might not love your chances but this one (supposedly a lower-tipped side, at the Dome) would be worse to lose knowing it's one that any team must win to move up the ladder.

Reply #209602 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:05 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754