skip
Years ago

Music Man needs your help

Hey everyone.

Im trying to get a decent wav/mp3 of the guy from the TV show Wipeout saying 'Big Balls'

Ive searched around the place with no luck. If anyone of you know where to find it let me know on here or email Isaac for my email address.

Cheers

Skip

Topic #17905 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

I liked that charging theme, early in the game last nite, skip.

Reply #209974 | Report this post

MH  
Years ago

I'm still waiting to see big red wigs. Still think this would great. They did it at his college I think.

Reply #209977 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

The music accompanying the Spirit's entrance was gold.

Another good one for opposing team's entrance would be 'Why Can't We Be Friends'..

Reply #209978 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

The music was good last night. My only question is why the music generally rises when we are in defence? Surely this only alerts the opposition that the clock is running down.

Reply #209983 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

The idea behind it is to make it as noisey as possible for the opposition to make it harder for them to communicate.
Being professionals, I think they generally know huch time they have left and dont think it aids them at all.

Reply #209984 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Would be better for the soundbite from Duke Nukem "I've got Balls of Steel"

Reply #209989 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

Skip, I disagree but it's no big deal.

Reply #209992 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bake, by rises do you mean the volume is turned up as the clock gets to around five seconds? Or are you asking why music is played when we're defending but rarely while we've got the ball?

I think it's been like that for years and years, right?

Reply #210000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you should record the crowd when they are really loud and then when the crowd naturally gets going during the game play the track as well, kinda like an audience backing track.

Reply #210011 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I like that noisy one (which i think bake is referring to) it gets faster and louder within about 15 seconds and can trick opposition players into thinking they don't have much clock left. A few times last night Derrick Low took quick, contested, long-range shots with plenty of clock left. Maybe that's just Derrick Low though.

Did they score once with that track on last night?

Reply #210014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think it has to work to some degree, its just puts you off a little and you cant look at the clock the whole time. If it forces them to rush a shot a little its worth it, plus everyone in the crowd gets into it.

Reply #210020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The music last night was great, keep playin 'TNT' by AC/DC I swear everytime that songs on the 6ers do something good LOL an I get to yell 'OI'

Reply #210023 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Thanks for the comments so far guys, even though of the 12 replies, none of them relate to the actual topic!! :-)

Keep the other suggestions coming though.

Reply #210031 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Yeah well here's the 13th.....stop playing Moscow, Moscow....?? WTF is the relevance of that song?

Reply #210036 | Report this post

Years ago

Love this show!!
Here's a big balls link (repeats), and a hilarious stack on 'em!!

http://linky.com.au/lh6zu

Reply #210048 | Report this post

manbearpig  
Years ago

i found it skip. can u send me skips email isaac.

Reply #210054 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

skip grab a pod cast from kym ali and dzelde they
play the Good NIght and BIG BALLS saying every morning

Reply #210057 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

There were some great plays being made last night and I would have liked them to be followed up by - "mm very nice" as in Peter Combs Spaghetti Bolognese. The music was great last night and aided the excitement of the crowd with the right choices at the right time.

Reply #210085 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

EC - I too would love to play more little snippets after great plays, the problem is that after a great play the crowd go nuts and its too loud to hear anything. By the time the crowd volume has lowered, the moment has generally passed and it would sound out of place.
I do like a bit of Peter Coombe though, so I will do my best.

Reply #210088 | Report this post

Crooked  
Years ago

Keep Moscow!

I remember that from years back good to see it come back last season!

There is one particular track that I think really gets everyone involved - it was played during our third quarter surge but for the life of me can't remember what it is.

Personally - I know it is the new thing for us in Adelaide but less of the organ tracks.......it's ok every now and then but not all the damn time! More actual music would be better.

Reply #210095 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

skip wrong song, its from Toffee Apple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMws2s5R8X4

Reply #210097 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Here's another suggestion, bring back the Kurt Angle "You suck" song. I loved that!

Reply #210101 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, it was great, but there were complaints (fans or league, can't remember) and it was removed from the playlist.

It doesn't technically have the "you suck" words featured in the audio, right?

Reply #210130 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Isaac/XztatiK - I have both a version that has the crowd chanting it and a version that is just purely the music.
Unfortunetly I have been told by the club that the league wont allow it. Same goes for songs like 'Three Blind Mice'.

Reply #210139 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Well if not 3 blind mice, how about a snippet from Ren and Stimpy when a bad call is called..

"You eediot!"

Reply #210155 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

If 3 blind mice isn't allowed then the Ren and Stimpy snippet wouldn't be either.

Reply #210161 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Oh yeh, THIS LEAGUE HAS SO MUCH POWER.

My suggestion:

Tell THEM, that REAL fans GO TO GAMES, & those REAL FANS crave atmosphere. Insist that the all powerful NBL, cut us REAL FANS (& musicman) some slack by holding off their (pathetic money grabbing) fine, until NEXT season.
Don't Panda to those wham bam-boo, no thank you mam losers, they'll be ecSTINKed next season.

Reply #210163 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Skip, should find out if You Suck can be played as a response to opposition players rather than aimed at the refs?

Or co-opt it a bit to get everyone to chant something else (Six-ers, etc) because the best thing about it is that it instantly gets the crowd yelling, rather than the fact that it's specifically "you suck".

Reply #210165 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I will look into it. Anything that makes the crowd loud is great IMO.

Reply #210167 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Wildcats often play the benny hill theme when the umps screw up or appear confused...cant see the difference.

IMO the music guy in WA is tougher on the opposition than the 36ers were in the past.

Reply #210181 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

To really push off topic, my two regular going kids (S/W Corner)suggest for a Charge "I kissed a girl and I liked it".For a Unsportsman like Foul -"Nothing sweet about me" and for a Travel "I'd walk 500 Miles".
I love some of your work,Skip.The 'Time to think" byte for the floor wipers ,is that sarcasm?

Reply #210196 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Still after 'Bigballs'

Thomo - cant seems to find it on any of the podcasts.
manbearpig - not quite clean enough to use.
... - I dont know how to record off youtube. If anyone else can, that would be great.

Reply #210198 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I can't believe the nonsense of not allowing 3 Blind Mice. Don't tell me the mighty and powerful refs are that touchy. They get worse than that every time the crowd shouts abuse at them for mistakes they make.

Reply #210201 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The crowd is a little different to music provided by the club.

Reply #210202 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I still don't see any threat in playing "Three blind mice" (as an example). It's harmless fun (never heard of a ref being beaten up for missing a call), & the league should get over it. Once again, I can't speak for you guys, but I'm sick of the NBL's PC crap. 3 PAID people might get offended, so let's snub 3800 fans (used to be 7800) miss out on a home game laugh.
Until the NBL foots the bill to bring back those 4000 pissed off & lost fans, I have ZERO respect for them when they want to MAKE MONEY out of something so harmless.

Reply #210283 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

DDFan - No arguement from me on the point you make. But, I certainly dont wanna be responsible for a fine either.

Reply #210285 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I know exactly where you're coming from mate, but it's time clubs stood up to the pathetic NBL administrators.

message to NBL clubs around Australia:

If you let the under-achieving NBL wads rule you, then you're weaker than them.

Don't dig yourself a hole, make a stand.

FFS, make a grandstand, full of paying cu$tomer$.

Reply #210289 | Report this post

J-Foxxx  
Years ago

do something new

Reply #210912 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Hook me up with all of your songs to play J-Foxxx.

Reply #210971 | Report this post

Ian  
Years ago

Piss off Clint Dogg.

Reply #210980 | Report this post

gg  
Years ago

GREAT to hear the Kurt Angle you suck song make an appearance last night against cairns.

That call was a joke and for some screwed up reason we keep getting thoe dumb ass refs each and every game at home.

coopers+tyndales blocks called as fouls worst calls i have seen in the NBL.

Reply #210986 | Report this post

Ian  
Years ago

yep, they were a disgrace.

How funny's Dwayne Vale getting blocked three times :D

Kurt Angle song was the shiznit!

YOU SUCK

YOU SUCK

YOU SUCK

YOU SUCK

YOU SUCK

YOU SUCK

YOU SUCK

YOU SUCK

Reply #210995 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:09 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754