Pete
Years ago

36ers & Dome Ownership

My mail is that VenueTix/Welso Group have bought the team and dome.

A couple of points here.

Why would someone buy the stadium knowing that the Government will not let them have concerts, especially after they (Gov) have just spent $50m for upgrades to build a new addition to the existing Entertainment Centre for the concerts that hold less then 2500.

Second point: Who would buy the team not knowing if there will be a new competition next year, and if there is, they are not assured of getting the Adelaide licence.

Does anyone else have info on this.

If a sale does go through I would imagine it hard for Mal to still say that he is independant of Eddy. With what has happened to ABC today you would want to stay as far away as possible from Eddy Groves now that ASIC will be stepping in to see where it all went wrong and was the company being truthful with their financials.

Topic #17929 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Don't think the first point is correct. Also, government is yet to spend anything upgrading the Entertainment Centre - the project you reference is on hold.

A buyer of the team may not be assured of getting the Adelaide license, but they'd be very confident given the strength of the brand and existing support that would carry forward.

Reply #210257 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Is it true that in the 'new proposed competition' all teams will have to be re-branded (new team names)?

Reply #210265 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

A - No, its not true.

Reply #210266 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

cheers skip, The 36ers have one of the best team names in world sport I strongly believe and it would be a great shame to lose it.

Reply #210268 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

A:
"cheers skip, The 36ers have one of the best team names in world sport I strongly believe and it would be a great shame to lose it."

Messij from 36erts front offis:

Pleez proof reed b4 poesting.

Eyed also prefer U log in as "I beg your pardon".

Reply #210286 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

DDFan- Who gives a fu.k, waste your time posting someware else if your going to jump on people for spelling mistakes or not proof reading, you know what he means. Give it a break

Reply #210287 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

*** DD shakes head ***

Reply #210296 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

dont shake to hard whats left of the grey matter might come out

Reply #210318 | Report this post

Samba  
Years ago

I havent been following the DD saga for to long, but my first impression is he/she sounds like grade A jerk.... these people are so annoying, keep on track.

Would be great if venue tix bough the team etc

Reply #210341 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

I may be wrong, but I think DDFan was having a go at the 36ers front office. As per the thread on "Try 5 package"?

Reply #210346 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Spot on Peter.

Reply #210379 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

No need to hikjack a totally unrelated thread though I wouldn't have though.

Reply #210392 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

hope they don't waste money on the entertainment center new area, such a stupid idea, and reason behind it is even stupider... how the hell will it attract more concerts? seriously, WTF RANN

Reply #210398 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

billo, not sure that it dragged it any further down though!

Reply #210422 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Is there a SA business identity on BA-NewBL board,now?

Just that NBL.com won't turn a page.

Reply #210426 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, Spangler. Announced the other day.

Reply #210430 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:36 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754