Anonymous
Years ago

Welcome Back sign for Julius Hodge?

Devastatingly, I won't be able to make the game on Saturday but would love it if someone made a huge sign of some sort for Hodge. Anyone thinking of doing this? Last season some guys (think it might have been skip and a few of his buddies) made a Ballinger for MVP sign and hung it up on eastern side of the dome.

Topic #18089 | Report this topic

I agree that it would be a great idea but that sign last season was asked to be taken down so sont know if it would be worth it.
Im sure 8000 screaming (and booing, good ol hammer ;)) would be welcome enough for the messiah.

Reply #212665 | Report this post

shotclock  
Years ago

I will bring the "H"?

Reply #212666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hammer wont be there mate, he don't play for dragons no more.

I'm sure the Ballinger sign WASN'T taken down, it wasn't in anyones way. It was hung up behind the fans.

Reply #212668 | Report this post

Haha thats very true how i got gold coast and south mixed up ill never know lol.

I was at that game and im pretty sure it WAS taken down.

Reply #212674 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

It wasnt me that did the Banner last year. Think there were 2 big ones done.
"Sit Down Brian" & "Ballinger 4 MVP"
One of them was removed and the guys wrote to the club who them gave them the blessing to put it up from there on in.

I'd love to see a truck load of banners there with some sort of prize for the best one each week.

In fact, if I see a heap of banners there this week, I'll buy a round of drinks for the group with the best one!

Reply #212683 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

there we go, some incentive.

Reply #212684 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I can't think of one, & I won't be bribed with beers. : )

If you're calling for a banner for Brian, I liked (I won't say whose, he might get into trouble).

Drop dead GOORG-eous.

That one still cracks me up.

Reply #212701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha nice ddfan fan.

Reply #212706 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

We still have the banners from last season and were going to stick up the "SIT DOWN GOORJIAN" one for this week's game against the Dragons, but with the return of Julius, we decided on Saturday that we are going to make a "WELCOME HOME JULIUS" banner for this week's game.

I'd also like to see more banners there, because ours will be fairly basic and I'd rather not win the competition by default! :)

Reply #212712 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

What would be some suggestions?

The Doctor is back in the house!

Reply #212727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nice work kev, that'll be awesome!

Reply #212769 | Report this post

Wayville 16  
Years ago

The Lightning have a banner competition for their Dec 19th game. Best banner wins a big plasma from the Good Guys, there was info at the game but nothing on the Lightning website

Reply #212771 | Report this post

johnny sack  
Years ago

What about "Ave (Julius) Ceasar"

Just spitballing...

Reply #212775 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I got it johnny sack. : ) : ) : )

My vote right there.

Reply #212777 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Don't lose heart johnny sack, unless of course you expected the SAhoops community to catch on.

Love your work.

Reply #212790 | Report this post

johnny sack  
Years ago

Could make it a toga night...

Reply #212797 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

JS, you spelt "GOAT" wrong!

Reply #212801 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

"I will bring the "H"?" - shotclock

Hopefully the 6ers will bring the "D"!

Reply #212815 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:30 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754