Jack Toft
Years ago

Hodge POTWs - how many?

Last time, Julius bagged 3 POTW out of 12 games. This season he has 18 games to run amuck.

How many POTW's do people think he can bag?

(PS Isaac, I reckon another category is required - just call it Hodge)

Topic #18105 | Report this topic

XztatiK  
Years ago

5, including 4 triple-doubles.

Reply #212851 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

don't forget a 40 point game or 2

Reply #212855 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I think everyone is getting a bit too carried away. I doubt he will be having huge games like he did with the last team. However, I think he will average about 20ppg, 8rpg, 5apg which is still huge but he will be more team orientated.

Reply #212864 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

Agreed he probably wont need to do as much, but he will still get 4 POTWs.

Reply #212866 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

If you look at the form he was in wheh he left. His last 6 games he averaged..
31.3 points
9.8 rebounds
6.8 assists

Since then he has barely had a day off, working his arse off and is probably the fitter than he has ever been right now. He has also been working on his skills non stop as well. Plus, the guy is only 24 and probably hasnt peaked yet. I think there is a good chance that what we saw last season was only a small taste of what we are in for over the next few months.

I wont make a guess of how many player of the weeks but I will make the call of him getting Player of the Month for both December & January

Reply #212867 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

How many ?
Seven. If it's not seven, it will be six.
A player of the ability of Adam Ballinger has to win one or two.
Schenscher has won one, likely to win another.

Reply #212868 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Love your work skip. : ) : ) : )

*** DD gets a belting from the troll natzi ***

Reply #212870 | Report this post

ballerbands  
Years ago

plus you have to remember that everyone knows who he is now and will give him a lot more attentiona defenceivesly so that will make life a lot harder for him, probably still get a couple of POTW but!!

Reply #212874 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

There's 13 weeks left, so anything less than 13 POTW's means disappointment for you all and the call goes out for the head of the rookie coach, yes?

Reply #212876 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think he might get a couple but will just be happy if he stays injury free, revs up the crowd, and helps the team into the play-offs. Competition is going to be fierce for POTWs from Anstey, Penney and Bruton I think.

Reply #212878 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Agreed kingjames, lets just be happy he is back, threads like this just put extra pressure on, when there need not be any at all! Just be good to see the teanm win consistantly.....HOPEFULLY!

Reply #212880 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I don't think Jules is here to rack up POTW awards. He's here to help stabilise the team with the consideration of further possible injuries.
No-one predicted our injury woes pre-season & Tinnie would have been an ideal fit, all going well. Things didn't pan out that way, the pressure's on, & adjustments have been made.
Enjoy.

Reply #212882 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

I reckon Hodge's jumpshot would have improved ALOT. I mean he signed a contract with the Nets and everything. That's what the coaching staff would have worked on over there--shooting,shooting and shooting.
I think we can see him being more efficient and effective because i expect him to hit more of his free throws. Also i think that if he does have a better jumpshot, that makes him more dangerous. If players stay off him, he will hit the jumper. If they play up on him, he will blow past them.

If Hodge has developed a better Jumper and a reliable jumper, I can see him tearing the league apart literally. I can seriously see him getting 30/10/7 a game.

Reply #212892 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

Looks to have a litle bit better jumper.

Reply #212894 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

I think he will still tear it up, to fast to confident and can draw fouls nicely going to the hoop strong, however I agree that hopefully he has developed an improved jump shot if he had that he would destroy. POW I think 5,

Reply #212896 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

SKUX, you can see his D-League stats from the two years he was there. Slight drop in FT actually, but his FG numbers are up. I think those 07/08 numbers are from after he played in Adelaide.

Not enough data from the recent NBA pre-season to judge though - 2/2 FT in four games.

Reply #212898 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"If you look at the form he was in wheh he left. His last 6 games he averaged..
31.3 points
9.8 rebounds
6.8 assists"

Good call skip, I forgot how quiet a start he had last year (mostly due to low minutes).
If you take his first two games out of his stats he averaged...
27.9 points
9.9 rebounds
6.4 assists
...over 10 games.

here's his game-by-game page:
http://linky.com.au/phc12

Reply #212911 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Cheers Isaac, I think we need the Doctor back to give him those shooting tutorials again.

Reply #212926 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

It's funny looking at the stats for his season in the D-League. He played 610 mins and attempted only 2 three pointers(And made none of those).
But boy 610 mins and only 2 three-pointer attempts!! If that was Ray, he woulda shot about 200

Reply #212927 | Report this post

STAT  
Years ago

SKUX those 3pnt stats are because of his tendencie to drive and his poor shooting ability (at that time)

Hopefully he has improved and will jack a few up just as long as he doesnt turn into Willie and only have love for the 3 and the crowd. Hodges defence is something that i think is highly underated atm.

Reply #212943 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I love all the positivity, but there is no point overrating the guy to the extent you can only be disappointed.

I would be satisfied from here if Hodge produced 15/5/3 per game, missed out on any POTW awards, and the Sixers win at least one game in the Semi Finals.

Reply #212948 | Report this post

Ace of spades  
Years ago

Just as a bit of a negative, did any realise how many turnovers he had...

49 turnovers in those 12 games...

4 turnovers per game

Im really hoping he can keep those to a mininum, because thats the last of what the sixers need.

i know hes gonna rip it up, but still just pointing out the facts.

Reply #212949 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Most decent scorers (plus in the top 5 in assist) are going to get 3 to 4 a game. I would think it would be more like 3 this season.

Reply #212951 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Ricky Grace was a turnover machine, but there wouldn't have been a single team in the league that wouldn't have wanted him on their roster.

Reply #212965 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

Lets face it folks, Julius is really our "Flash Gordon", cause he'll save every one of us. Combined with Schensh, Balls, Brett and the back up boys, bring it on.

Reply #212994 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:31 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754