Boxing Out
Years ago

8500 watch double header in Singapore

More details on www.singaporeslingers.com

"Slingers win against Smart Pampanga Buddies 100 - 72 in front of 8,500 fans , This afternoon's highly-anticipated double-header saw a record-breaking 8,500 fans at the Singapore Indoor Stadium (SIS), making it the biggest-ever turnout for a basketball game in the 10,700-seater SIS.

" Top scorers Darren "Doctor" Ng (18-points) and fan-favourite Eric Sandrin (25-points) proved to be vital........

"Commending the credible performances of local players Pathman Matialakan, Desmond Oh and Tan Chin Hong who combined for 11 points in the game, Slingers Head Coach Frank Arsego said, "It was great that the local players got the opportunity to gain experience in the game today, and I am confident that they will continue to improve with each game."

" In an earlier match, TalknText edged out fellow Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) team San Miguel Beermen in the first-ever PBA regular season game to be held in Singapore.

"Part of ticket proceeds from this afternoon's event, made possible by the Dr. AB Monozca Foundation, the Philippine Long Distance Telepohone Co. (PLDT), Basketball Enterprises Pte Ltd, owners of the Singapore Slingers, and the Singapore Sports Council (SSC), will go to missions and orphanages in the Philippines and also be matched by the Monozca Foundation.

Topic #18253 | Report this topic

Cooool  
Years ago

Fantastic for Asian Bball.

I think it goes to show what an awful decision it was to try and impose the little known Aussie version of the game on a major Asian market who were just not interested in what is our sub standard comp.

Reply #214737 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

good outcome for the slingers, I still think there is a place for asian teams in the nBL

" Top scorers Darren "Doctor" Ng"...lol..why dont theyt call him Ninja*

*sarcasm

Reply #214810 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:13 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754