Jack Toft
Years ago

Game Night: Sixers & Tiggers

Big game tonight everyone. Coops suits up for 250, Ansty clocks up 300, Sam Mac out, Best 2 import combos going head to head, lots more...

NBL says Tigers by 8, I say Sixers by 6.

Some questions to ponder though:
* Will Anstey stroll out waving "the book" in the air
* Would he be stupid enough to dis-respect the book in any way?
* Will Anstey be able to hold the "Ginger Giraffe" to anything less than a double-double?
* How soon will Anstey's butt be on the plastic with 5 fouls?
* Do we have decent refs this week?
* Will they be in good position?
* Will the courtside announcer start the Ju-Li-Us chant again?
* Will Wini get a run when the Tiggers get rough?
* Will the silky smooth shooting of Brett get us through?

Too many Q's, not enough time....

Topic #18315 | Report this topic

Thomo  
Years ago

will ansteys elbows try to take flap like birds again

Reply #215330 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yes they will .
As you are aware ..Tech foul for excessive elbow swinging..FIBA and NBA.
Therefore into NBL, next season.

Reply #215331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Note: Adelaide will be down Paora Winitana, who has been laid up with the flu and is still not clear of his foot injury from early in the season.

From Advertiser.

Reply #215340 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Not a surprise anon, i think we were all expecting him not to play.

Ill be there, sixers by 5 in a close one.

Im hoping for a good crowd tonight, everyone get down there.

Reply #215349 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Have the refs been named yet?

Reply #215350 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Anyone would be game tipping the Sixers on this one. Last time they met the Sixers plain sucked! Match ups were terrible from the get go and any adjustments was too little to late, sure things have changed but the Sixers will need to go in with ALOT more intensity and a better game plan for this one.

Starting match ups could potentially be worse if the Tigers promote Hoare to replace Sammy Mack.

Will be an interesting game and hopefully the Sixers come out full of intensity and all guns blazing and recognise the lack of PG the Tigers have and capitilise on that.

Reply #215352 | Report this post

Years ago

And what were the match ups last time DJ?

Reply #215354 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Matches up last game was

Anstey vs Ballinger
Mackinnon vs Holmes
Grizzard vs Maher
Eri vs Tyndale
Barlow vs Bruce

Reply #215363 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Everyone remember to start/join in the BAAAAARLOOOOOW chant.

Skip -

'Paranoid' by kanYe West

Forget about the other ones I gave you lol this one is PERFECT!... ahh... love this song...

Go the 6ers!

Reply #215368 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Why no fox coverage? Game of the week it's beyond me.

I am in Sydney and thankfully listening to the coverage on 891 AM (Al Westover is a bit crass with his language) but it's my only way of keeping up to date.

Reply #215370 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Fox is only doing wed night games... This would be the first Sixers v Tigers game in Adelaide for probably 6 years that hasn't been shown on Fox. It has pretty much been a lock in every season.

Reply #215372 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Sixers win by 8, you bloody ripper! Tigers got it back to 3 with a couple of mins to go but free throws from Schencher (1 of 4 in the dying minutes!) and Maher iced the win.

This one could be a season turner, let's hope it is.

Reply #215374 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

A few great lines for us tonight, Hill 19 points on 8/11 shooting, Schench 17 points and 22 boards, Hodge a very tidy 8 assists to go with his 21 points while on the other hand Holmes went scoreless in 20 minutes (how many times has that happened?) although he did grab 7 boards in the time.

Looking forward to hearing about the game from those who were there.

Reply #215376 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Excellent game by the Sixers. Brilliant Scouting by the coaches and they are putting the correct rotations in now, so excellent job by them.

Davidson didn't play the whole second half so I guess he is injured?

Reply #215377 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

From what you can follow online the rotations looked decent enough and obviously getting the win points towards the right direction, good to see adjustments made against a team that slaughtered us previously. Looking forward to some reports from those at the game!

Reply #215380 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

Anstey fouled out! Anstey fouled out! Oh the justice! There is a god!

Reply #215381 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

What a game.
Hill was awesome on the drive and finally hit a huge three which he let everyone in the stadium know about.
Hodge has no jumpshot but still had a huge game keeping the crowd involved.
Schenscher (However you spell it) was good inside but gave Anstey way to many open looks.
Holmes had a stinker on offense but his defense and rebounding were good.
Bruce was a little terrier all night and i am not sure how many assists he got but some of his passes were sweet. I have not been a fan so far but we looked better when he was on court tonight.
Maher well what do you say............
Ballinger was quiet at times but got the points when we really needed them.
Huge win in the context of the season.
Well done boys!!!!!!!

Reply #215382 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

That was just so much fun to watch. Just genuine excitement. I dont see what else there is to do between 7-9 on a Saturday night besides 'you know what'...the crowds are comeing back and they are getting their moneys worth!!!

Reply #215383 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

There was loud applause, as at last, the refs were calling the game correctly. Anstey fouled out, of course, which he should be if the game is called correctly. Much more enjoyable game.
Ballinger and Ere, quiet by their standards.
Thought Hodge was best, realy. Didn't get a jumper in again, though. Grizzard a better shot. On tonight, Hodge is best in the league.
Holmes nothing, at all , since Julius arrived.

Reply #215384 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

game was best of the season so far,

IMO hills best game as a sixer

Reply #215385 | Report this post

dougys  
Years ago

Hill needs to have plenty of game time cos that boy can play

Reply #215386 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I noticed before the game that up in the Merchandise Store the Smyth-Gaze Trophy. Would be good to see this being used again. Looked like 2001 was the last time it had been awarded.

Reply #215387 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

You guys suck.

Every one of you. Absolutely no love for the 'BAAARLOOOW' chant tonight. You left me hangin :(

Great win though!!! Real gutsy effort.

Schenscher: 22 rebounds vs. Anstey's 6 says it all. Apart from his terrible free-throw shooting at theend there it was a huge game. What's the opposite of clutch?

Ballinger: Very quiet. He scored off an awesome spin move in the post early in the game and I thought he was in for a big night. Unfortunately, he couldn't get above 16 and 4. It's not like he wasted shots though, he still hit at over 50%.

Holmes: I'm really not sure what's happening with Jake, he has still been getting his fair share of attempts lately but they just aren't falling. 0-5 FG's with some terrible shot choices but as billo said, at least he's still rebounding.
Should he start against Townsville? considering he would be up against Rillie at SF, I say Maher is the better option.

Hodge: Good but not great. Nice to see him get his FG% back around 50% after going 8-26 last week. I think big Luke may have stolen his rebounds but his 8 assists were good and that steal-dunk against Baaarlooow was massive. -one of the loudest moments ever at the dome.
6 turnovers hurt.

Bruce: Very good game. It was great to see him hitting the open threes and had his usual 7 assists.
His D on Ebi and Corletto was fantastic I thought. (Ebi went 6-17, Corletto 1-5)

Cooper: I don't think he likes Anstey much. His D was almost as dirty as the Anstinator himself. That long 2 was handy with the shotclock running down.

Hill: PLAYER OF THE GAME!!! Awesome performance with 19pts, 6rbs, 3ast and ZERO turnovers. I didn't think would finish with such a great FG% but 8-11 is very nice. He looked like the only one who wanted to attack Anstey in the paint and obviously it worked nicely. His work in transition was first-class and, like Brucie, his D keeps getting better.

Maher: Another good outing in just half a game. 15pts with 8-8FT's. That is so Maher-like.

Davidson: No effect in 5mins game time. I think KingJames is right, he must be injured.

Refs: I want to rip Mr.Garnier Fructis' greasy hair out of his scull and then kick him in the nuts. I don't care if his stupidity was going both ways, it's still stupidity and I'm bloody sick of watching it.
Schensch got absolutely raped in the paint in at the 2min mark of the last quarter with no love whatsoever from the refs - worst call of the game!

Anstey: Showed great class to get himself back into the game after such a rubbish start. He still got destroyed by Schensch but they would've lost by 30 if it wasn't for him. His 6th foul in the last quarter cost them any chance they had of winning.

Melbourne: Grizzard was great, Barlow and Whore pathetic, everyone else... meh.
Get a PG! This is ridiculous!

Crowd: Great when we were on a run... absolutely pathetic when Melbourne were on a run. It felt like a Power game FFS! And SOMEONE JOIN ME IN THE FREAKIN BARLOW CHANT NEXT TIME!!! :(

Skip: Next game - Paranoid by kanYe West. Trust me it'll go off. Really starved of hip hop here, even a song or two in the pre-game would be good. Give me somethin!

DDfan: LOL you nutter! Sit down in front!

Murray: Lol cheers for the Fruchocs mate!

Bring on the Crocs!!!

Reply #215390 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

just a great game. Hill was massive as was Luke, it was just good that all the way down the list we had a solid contribution. I did question taking balls off for holmes towards the end but it worked so you have to give the credit there. What is the rule on getting ejected under fiba? if i'm not mistaken ansty got t'ed up twice under the NBA he is gone but not here. Anyway the game of the year so far and hopefully we can continue to build on this.

Reply #215391 | Report this post

me hate hill  
Years ago

XztatiK ur dad had water at halftime :)

Reply #215392 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Again, props to the coaches for getting the rotations right, not only from the start, but also in the final minutes, bringing Maher on for Bruce to have some cool hands at the end since Davidson was injured.

Hill's game was fantastic and loved the way he is attacking the rim this season and is in control when doing so. Going at Anstey in the 4th was 2pts every time since he didn't want to foul.

If Schens hadn't of missed those free throws it would have been a near flawless game apart from being schooled by Anstey in his purple patch there. Gotta love the big redhead - 22 brds!!!

Loved Bruce's D on Ere, but he did let a few go on that shuffle cut/screen that they run from the high post, but then again, the whole team let too many of them go including Mahe ron Crosswell in the 4th. Bruce also didn't force it and it was great to see his shot drop.

Holmes - obviously his court time is much less now with Hodge in the lineup and we don't need him to score - I love his awesome D and strong rebounding and in all honesty, that's all we need out of him as well as hitting the occasional jump shot when his feet are set.

Great game - props to the refs for most of the game apart from a few softies on us but don't know how they missed that one when we had lots of O boards and Luke's singlet was being held and we didn't get that score with about 2mins on the clock. It was probably the best reffed game all year and allowed the game not to be a wrestling/holding match!

Great atmosphere, good music - fantastic night out!!

Reply #215393 | Report this post

Cat15  
Years ago

Terrific game. Great atmosphere and one of the best nights out in ages.
Loved the send off for Anstey, damn that was loud! :)

Some thoughts:
Anstey's dummy spit cost them the game. Had he kept his mouth shut, he would have still been in the game at the end, and given the shots he was hitting (he was hot) Melb would have won.

Bruce is a very good player, but still plays 'young'. Tries for the fancy too often. Would be nice to see him just run a few normal offences. Maher replacing him at the end to ensure the victory (some stability) was a crucial move by the coaches.

Maher, well the bloke is a champion, BUT I'm glad it's his last year. He is slllooooowwww. His D is terrible and his money shots are struggling to drop if under any pressure. I love the bloke, but it is right to be his last year.

Hodge is very good and very quick. He gets to the rack quickly and is near unstoppable in the open floor. I do fear that he is a bit of a 'get my stats' man as he often forces things when they aren't there. Still rather him on my team than anyone elses. His jump shot is just plain UGLY. Plays a lot like Homicide - just can't shoot!

Holmes: Can I make a coaching suggestion? Tell Holmes to forget the gym. Stop the weights. He needs to be having 3 two hour sessions a day doing jump shots. If he could shoot he would be brilliant.

Hill was outstanding. Clearly the best game I've seen him play. The only 36er on the floor (apart from Hodge probably) who beat his man off the dribble and then took it to the rack rather than looking for a pass off. Worked his butt off on D.

Schench smashed Anstey in the first half. How good is it to have a bloke who can post up and destroy an opponent (when was the last time we had that??) Still once Melbourne adjusted and Anstey played outside, his weakness was exposed. His slow foot movement and desire to help on D left Anstey open for a lot of easy shots. Credit to the coaches for recognising this and making a change.

Balls played the worst game I've seen him play. Missed shots he normally makes and his D was awful. Was beaten on the back door cut repeatedly. Again credit to the coaches for seeing it and making a change. Still love him on our team!

Coaches were excellent. Made some big decisions that probably won the game for us. Thought they outcoached Melb.

Loved the atmosphere. Wish we could have a full house, the team deserves it.

Melb GOAT? Please!

Reply #215394 | Report this post

Years ago

"Holmes - obviously his court time is much less now with Hodge in the lineup and we don't need him to score - I love his awesome D and strong rebounding and in all honesty, that's all we need out of him as well as hitting the occasional jump shot when his feet are set."

As long as he keeps his Defence up, and his rebounding continues to be steady, I have no problem with him starting.

Reply #215395 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Now that is interesting, two tech fouls in a row, should be send off.
And Anstey shot well from outside , in the second half. So we would have won by 20.

Reply #215399 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I think you'll find Jacob is still not 100% from the flu.

He was sweating like a pig - sure sign something is not right IMO

Reply #215400 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Cat15 - I have to disagree with you on Mahersy. Yes he has lost a step, but I do not think Maher is liability on defense at all and tonight he worksed his arse off considering he guarded the quicker Crosswell (got beat once on the shuffle cut) and also guarded Grizzard for a reasonable amount of time.

His shot is still falling (except for that one home game where he couldn't hit the side of a house), but particularly he has hit critical buckets at key times in home games (can't comment on away games). I would still be putting the ball in his hands with a pressure shot to be made because he can still create. I just loved the play when he out faked Ere on as to which baseline screen he would use then ran to the corner and hit the J on his head. Very similar play to last week against Hawks when he hit the 3 to put the game out of reach.

He still has it and it's a matter of using his 25-30 mins at the right time in games which I think Ninnis is doing pretty well.

Reply #215402 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

If I were a Tigers supporter, I'd be pretty sour with Anstey. 2 tech fouls in a row when he lost his head in the 2nd quarter were pretty costly.

Agree with all the above. Didn't realise Hill scored that many, but it was great to see him come through in the crunch with some key buckets. He can really burn someone on the drive if he wants to.

Reply #215403 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Hilly has really lifted. I think he is valued at 2 pts in the points ranking - playing better than a 2!

Axel Dench was rated as a 6 last season.

Reply #215406 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

But Axel is "A former rookie of the year".

Reply #215408 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Actually, one thing I don't agree with in the above is the criticism of Ballinger... what was wrong with his game? He was money on most of his baseline Js, as per usual. So what if he scored a bit less than usual?

Reply #215410 | Report this post

Ace of spades  
Years ago

balls had a quiet game, but the difference between him and others is his quiet game is still twenty odd points.

Reply #215413 | Report this post

ag  
Years ago

+1 cavolo

Reply #215421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The refs started to even up the foul count in the second half. It was 19 to 4 against Melbourne in the first half - it was obvious there were 2 Adelaide refs tonight. By the way, what was the difference between anstey's tech and the way Schenser jumped up in the air in the last quarter when he was unhappy with a call. Anstey's was definitely there but call it both ways.

Reply #215425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

XztatiK - I'm interested to know what was so wrong with Barlow's game. 6/10 shooting for 16 points, 3 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 turnovers and a steal. It's not the most amazing stat line I've ever seen but to say he was pathetic is questionable.

Reply #215426 | Report this post

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

From foxsports.com before it gets changed are these two beauties!

as the Sixers responded with the next five points, a Brad Hay lay-up sealing the result with seconds remaining.
and
while Chris Anstey had a poor first half but finsihed the high point man with 23.

Now. Kudos to foxsports for even having a result online when nbl.com can't even manage to post the game on it's recent game board, but damn! Brad Hay? and High point man? Was the writer himself a "high man" when he wrote this dribble or what?

Reply #215429 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Yeah fair call, I had to check the box score again after I read your post - I thought he had far more turnovers and misses than that but you're right that's not a bad line. Having said that, his two turnovers were just about as costly as a turnover can be and as a PG he is still rubbish at running the offence.

"By the way, what was the difference between anstey's tech and the way Schenser jumped up in the air in the last quarter when he was unhappy with a call. Anstey's was definitely there but call it both ways."

I'm guessing the difference was what they said. I'm not saying that Luke didn't deserve a T but without knowing what they actually said I don't think either of us is in a position to compare the two incidents.

Reply #215430 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

I did not like Barlow's game tonight particularly in the first half. If he was the point guard then he just let Julius's defence dominate him completely as the Tigers could not get any shots where they wanted, particularly Anstey.

Tiggers concentrated on Julius and Adam even with a few cheap shots in transition, and it was great that others exploited their opportunities.

Loved Brad Hill's 3 in the last quarter and great offensive game generally, Aaron also came to play as did Luke and even Coops nailed an open look.

Great defense, and team depth scoring.

Reply #215431 | Report this post

me hate hill  
Years ago

LOL WTF Brad Hill was 1/22 for 3 this season before he hit that three. WELL OVERDUE??!?!? thats soo damm embarrassing. only hill would do this.

Reply #215432 | Report this post

quasi  
Years ago

Hill had his best game as a 6er, credit to him. Let's see what sort of game he brings on Wednesday before getting too excited. Ballinger was quiet, but still went for over 50% from the field - he seemed to spend quite a bit of time on the bench in this match. Holmes is a much better offensive player than he has shown in the past few matches. He was blowing his nose etc before the match, probably is still feeling the flu. Maher is a legend, but granted got beaten a couple of times off the dribble last night. He's still a major contributor though and I love the way he controls the offence from the point, we seem to have so much more composure when he's in control of the ball.

Reply #215451 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

That was our best win in a long time. Brad Hill took a massive step forward last night, his 19 points was an equal career high and he was UNGUARDABLE off the dribble. The contested rebound between him and Greer in the third was great to watch, with both guys going well above the rim.

Schenscher's first half was fantastic, I lost count of his rebounds at 13 so wasn't surprised to see him stat 22. He kinda choked on the line and from 2 inches out in the last quarter, but he is solid every week, and took it right to Anstey.

I disagree with some other posters about Maher's defence. He has been terrible on that end of the court for most of his career, but last night he busted his ass and didn't give up anything easy. It was great to see him stick a couple of big shots too.

Ballinger was subdued, but still effective and efficient. Holmes was a dud on offense, but great on d and on the boards.

Bruce came out in an aggressive manner which has been badly missing for the past 3-4 home games. Hodge had a couple of crap turnovers, and still hasn't quite reached his heights of last season. That said, he's having a hugely positive impact on this team, and I'll take 22/4/8 on a not-so-perfect night. His steal from Barlow and slam in the second was GOLD.

Davidson, getting kinda fed up with the injuries.

For the Tigers, Anstey was both the hero and the goat. Grizzard impressed me heaps, and played with a poise and control I've not previously seen from him. Ere looked dangerous at the end of the second, but was pretty well held. Barlow's stat line flattered him, and Crosswell and Corletto didn't contribute much.

So, we got the big win. Now let's not f*ck it all up by losing to Townsville on Wednesday!

Reply #215452 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Mutley, I agree with much of your post but completely disagree with this statement referring to Maher's defence:

"He has been terrible on that end of the court for most of his career..."

I've always believed that Maher has been an extremely underated defender throughout his career. He's not going to block many shot or get many steals but he will contain his man, always get a hand up in this face, hustle extremely well and play smart defence. He has excellent lateral movement and I've seen him cut off his man many a time when they've tried to drive on him or stop a fast break due to quick foot work and determination.

He's lost a step or two defensively over the past few years but he's still very solid and has always played far better defence than many players that made up Boomer's back courts over the last 10 years such as Gaze, Heal and CJ Bruton.

Reply #215456 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I know you guys've been holding out for the definitive DDFan game wrap-up, well it's time.
Fun night, had the same visiting fan sit next to me as in the Dragons game. DD strikes up convo, "you a local Vic buff?
Answer, "Nuh"
Do you follow the Drags or the Tigs?
Answer, "I love basketball"
DD tries to draw more that more than 3 words outta our visiting 'ball enthusiast. "which way do you think it might go tonight?
Mr Personality, "Tigs have a bench, you don't"
Scoreline 12 4 36ers way. Tigs hit 3 consecutive 3s & lifesupport, does an air punch.
Anstey cops the techs. DD to the detention centre garden gnome, "that's dumb shit"
Answer, "idiot"
I wasn't offended, I knew what he meant.
I always enjoy 36er/Tigs match-ups, they're played in good spirit, & are entertaining. Big diference last night was that the Tigs didn't stay within their structure, lost focus & had an import that won't play team ball. I thought their game was ugly & when they seemed to find an answer (Hoare's cuts to the basket), Westover went away from it & over-drew on his money men that have total disregard to the rest of the team.
Why throw away cutting back the lead with 5&1/2 in the last, to stagnating ball movement & shooting contested 3s? Then Anstey gives up a dumb (his last) foul & gets sent to the bench for the night.
Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked that we got the win & we played well enough to win, but the Tigs were Hell-bent on giving it away, & we only won by 8.
BTW, did anyone else notice Davo defending Ebi? Massive mis-match, yet 5+ minutes of gutsy effort from "the always injured" one.

Reply #215461 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Mutley - very much disagree with your opinion of Maher's defence "terrible for most of his career". I think you will find that he his highly rated (and under rated as a defender) and I remember reading Goorjian saying how tough a defender he is/was on multiple occasions.

How often have you seen Maher beat by his man during his career? He is always fighting through screens and using his exceptional footwork to stay in front of his man. Give Maher the credit he desrves mate for being a tough as nails player both offensively and defensively - or are you only watching the jump shooting side of his game? ;P

Reply #215473 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Brett was flat out running for position on offence & beat his man.
Unsighted?

Reply #215476 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Rat10 - I both agree and disagree with your comments re Maher's defence over his career.I thought he was a good defender for most of his career and, like you, felt people tended to give him less credit for that as his offensive and leadership abilities have always been so strong.

However, he lost a step in lateral speed about five years ago - probably coincided with injuries or something similar - I can't remember. From around 2003 I felt he lost his ability to reliably defend the better shooting guards in the league. This was when astute recruiting in the guard position might have enabled Maher to move to a 25-30 minutes a game role (more shooting guard than point), extend his career (like McDonald with Tigers) and perhaps avoid some of the extended injury interruptions he subsequently endured. Who knows?

Reply #215477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Play the ball.)

Reply #215517 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

great game, agree with alot of the above comments. will be interesting to see if brad hill can back up this performance. my knock on hill is he plays great one game and poor the next, really hoping he can get some consistency and give us regular performances like last night.

i thought ballinger was really consistent, and is money on that jumper of his on the baseline.

was happy with the rotations, thought ballinger should have been put on earlier in the 4th.

hodge was good but not great, was hoping my julius nc state jersey would be good luck for him, oh well!.

all in all most entertaining win of the year and hopefully the start of our biggest winning streak of the season.

Reply #215528 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Someone has to break Townsville's 5 game winning streak. Let the 36ers do it on the way to their own 5 game winning streak.

Reply #215531 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"my julius nc state jersey"

Nice! very nice. I'm thinkin about getting Hodge's Nets one.

Reply #215545 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

Tigers fans can suck it, annoying groups here and there in the crowd were being quite annoying but we drowned them out and gave them soooo much at the end of the game. Brad Hill outstanding, he is so fast and looked like a player ready to make a move in the league. Schensher was awesome to, everyone played well and the game was really exciting, if we can get 1500 more fans imagine the atmosphere.

Reply #215581 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

kman (MegaMouth):
"Tigers fans can suck it, annoying groups here and there in the crowd were being quite annoying but we drowned them out"
Well good for you & your buddies. WE drowned out 11 Tigs fans.
"and gave them soooo much at the end of the game"
And how much did you give them when they were within 3, with 43 secs to go in the last?

Reply #215615 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

dd fan, i was sitting with them the whole game and i told their large women where the closest mcdonalds was a few times throughout. When anstey went off game over so even with barlow getting them within 3 i was not worried we had all the momentum. The group of 10-15 behind opposition bench were tools with their rattles and fat girls screaming during free throws so they deserved everything everyone gave them. Mega mouth? yeah seen all your comments your not to shy yourself.

Reply #215658 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

lol good call kman.

While a admire the Tigs' fans for making the trip (im assuming they're not locals), they really were tools. That fat one in seats 56 AND 57 kept saying "see ya" to Aaron Bruce.

WTF does that mean???

He wasn't going anywhere, he wasn't subbing out, he wasn't fouling out. So wtf?

Lol, it's cool, we got the last laugh.

Reply #215661 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I think its good that the opposition fans make the commitment to support their team away from home but my problem is how in the hell do they get such good seats. I have been to many 36ers away games and the seats allocated to visiting fans are closer to the next suburb.

Reply #215709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talk about mature comments kman. I'm all for having a bit of banter between opposition supporters but when you have to resort to personal comments about people I think it's pretty poor. Opposition supporters should be able to go to any game and not expect to be personally ridiculed.

Reply #215729 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Keep the banter fairly friendly and fun. We should be encouraging every supporter we can, whether local or visiting the Dome.

EC, those are the seats the Dome or club choose to give visiting sides - I think it's great for the sport and wish other clubs would be as generous. Plus, at the Dome, that patch of corporate seats is nearly always bare anyway.

Reply #215734 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Isaac:

"Keep the banter fairly friendly and fun. We should be encouraging every supporter we can, whether local or visiting the Dome"

Agree completely.

I'll offer some feedback from Saturday night's visiting Tigs fans. That group travel extensively following their team. A recent example was the game in Darwin, where 2 individuals (not partners in any way) of that group went at their OWN expense.
As a group, they EXPECT to cop some flak from locals, but were disappointed that a drunken few threw disrespectful personal insults. So what if 11 visiting fans had the EQUIVALENT of Clipsal Clappers? Woah, they were asking for trouble.
I guarantee, that even though they were vocal, they wouldn't have been baiting the locals. They were in fact mightilly impressed with a nearby group of locals who countered their chants 1 for 1, & the open handshake at the conclusion of the game. BIG PLUS to you guys, whoever you were.
In future, do yourselves a favour (& the basketball community) & chat to some of the visiting fans with an open mind. I've met MANY quality opposition fans, & totally enjoyed their views on basketball. Make no mistake, I've ALWAYS presented my seemingly unfavourable opinion of ALL things basketball to visitors, & NEVER had a flare up.
This is a game, NOT a war.

Reply #215930 | Report this post

winnie the pooh!  
Years ago

'cause bouncing is what "tiggers" do best !!!!!!

Reply #215932 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Thanks for that Winnie, I'm lost for words.

Reply #215947 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:31 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754