curious
Years ago

Mahersy's book - anyone read it?

May have missed it but has anyone read his book for reveiws?

Topic #18352 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

Sitting on the shelf waiting for some quiet time after Christmas.

Reply #215723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saturday Advertiser 2 weeks ago gave it 4 stars.

Reply #215728 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Have got a few books on the go (main one being Blood Meridian), but made a start the other day on Mahervellous - interesting enough so far. Opens with his time in Turkey before returning to the beginning of his junior career.

Reply #215732 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Saturday Advertiser is kind of a biased source for a review of a book by Boti!

Having said that, it's my Dad's Christmas present, signed by Boti and Brett last week. Don't tell him, will you...

Reply #215733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I loved it.

Dunlap Years probably the best part IMO.

Reply #215737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Speaking to Brett the other day, he said that they will be sold at the next 2 home games leading up to Xmas.

Reply #215739 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Yep well worth teh hard earned and agree the Dunlap years was particularly interesting.

Good history of the sixers in general not just Brett

Reply #215749 | Report this post

Dirty Day  
Years ago

I good read and a great trip down memory lane. Its part 'The Brett Maher Story', part 'A History Of The Sixers 1992-2008'. Essential reading for any Sixers fan.

I agree with those who said the Dunlap years was the best part of the book. Lots of drama there.

My only criticisms - It felt the stuff on the last few years was really rushed and lacked any detail. Also, it seemed to jump around chronologically for no good reason, especially the second half of the book.

Reply #215776 | Report this post

blue collar  
Years ago

A really enjoyable read that contains a lot of detail back to the halcyon days of the Nbl.

Excellent chapters include those detailing the Dunlap and Hudsons illness.

Reply #215798 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Anywhere you can get it apart from at games?

Reply #215847 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Available in all GOOD book stores, and.....
even, in those that are not so good... Boti said.

Reply #215854 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Seen the book at Angus & Robertson Westlakes a couple of weeks ago. The price was the same as when I bought mine at the Dome.

Reply #215857 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:44 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754