Ingles13
Years ago

So, a 1/4 way into the NBA season

So we are about 300 games into the 1230 game season and I have made some observations.

First off I would like to say the New Jersey Nets are totally Over achieveing of what I predicted from them. I predicted them to be a bottom 3 side in the East.

The Clippers are overrated. People expected them to fight for the last spot in the playoffs. They're 2nd to last in the West with a record of 4-16.

The Raptors, 76ers and Wizards all have had terrible starts to the season. Remember when a lot of people said that the 76ers will make the ECF. sounds just like the chicago hype of last season.

Im also dissapointed with Phoenix's start to the season

Danny Granger is having a good season... Derrick Rose also looks to be the frontrunner for ROTY.

Post any other surprises s..o far...

Topic #18362 | Report this topic

devin harris is the man lol dallas.

Reply #215833 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Its mostly the Eastern Conference that has surprised me, the West is much the same like last year.

The Cavaliers have the 2nd best record in the East and 3rd best in the league, Nets and the Heat being both over 500, the Knicks are just under 500 (after playing much of the season with just 7 or 8 players) and the form of Devin Harris.

Reply #215834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Knicks will win the championship.

Go Knicks!

Reply #215848 | Report this post

STAT  
Years ago

In Phoenix we're trying to pull a San Antonio. Cruise to the playoffs resting and preserving our vets and then diging the heels in to make hopefully a big run in the playoffs.

Agreed with Philly, i had huge expectations with brand jumping ship but he has quickly gone from consistent 20 an 10 to invisible.

DWade has impressed me hugely. I was never a fan after the horrible dallas miami finals series, but after seeing the man destroy the league this season got give him dap for that.

As far as wizards are conserned it all on the fate of Agent Zero games. When Gil doesnt play the wiz dont win simple as that.

Reply #215851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rip City is back!!!

We`ve done well with the toughest schedule in memory, all the early away games and 2nd in the west, but undefeated at home.. Martell to come back, Oden will only get better, Rudy is going to be a gun.. a worry about the point and not having a tough big guy to set the presence in the paint.. fingers crossed Oden gets nasty and sits Garnett on his bony ass December 30..

Reply #215856 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Yeh I forgot to mention D-Wade destroying the league so far because my computer restart itself just as I Was about to post this so I had to re write it.... D-Wade has a shot at MVP but only if he keeps this up and the Heat make the top 4 in the East which I doubt they will do.

Portland have done well so far but I reckon they will have a mid season slump and drop a few spots, although I hope that does not happen because they are a good young side

As much as I hate to admit it, the spurs are looking good and have done pretty good considering that both Parker and Ginobili missed quite a few games. Roger Mason was a nice pick up.

Reply #215860 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Lakers' Rotation!!!

Can't say I completely support the decision to bring Lamar off the bench but there's no doubt the team will be fresh come playoffs with the way they are spreading the minutes right now, they are cruising along nicely.

Reply #215870 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Mavs might be the most over-looked team in the L right now. They have strung along some really good wins, all without Howard so look for them to sneak up on some squads in the play-offs.

How about the Hornets? They appear to be hitting a second year wall of some kind...

Suns are o-ver.

Houston needs to let T-mac rest for half the year at least. When he comes back, they will need to rest Yao for some games too. That squad could win it all if healthy.

Magic need to look at getting a star to play alongside Howard- Turk or Lewis aint it. Howard will be another KG at Minnie- statistical giant with no play-off success.

Phi cannot succeed with a Miller-Iggy backcourt, dudes can't shoot. One must go- won't be Iggy...Send miller to Blazers for a blake or something.

How important is Josh Smith to the Hawks!!!

How can someone be a bigger screw up than Dunleavy, and still have a job in the NBA... oh thats right, he is his own boss....

KG is a nutter.

Jazz are wasting time playing without a defensive presence in the paint. They CANNOT beat the spurs or LA without one. (full strength Houston either)

Reply #215904 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I'm totally convinced the Cavs will win this year. LeBron is unstoppable.

Reply #215913 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

I think they will win the East. Assuming the Lakers get through in the West I think they will be too good (and hungry after last year).

Reply #215916 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I put 20 on the cavs at 10's coz of two reasons- they are a top 3 defensive squad, and they have a player who can single handidly win play-off games on the road.

Question- where does Caron Butler rank in the best SF's of the league? He has been outstanding this year despite the Wiz record...

Reply #215942 | Report this post

Cavs will beat Lakers because it is a game of matchups. Lakers will finish with a better record but they match up terribly against the Cavs

unless kobe scores like 50 a game on them and simultaneously stops lebron (lol)

Reply #215960 | Report this post

even though he can't keep his blocks in play, lebron has been shutting people down left right and centre.

v toronto:

Bargnani 8 pts (likely matchup)
Bosh 9 pts
Oneal 8 pts

v indy
Granger 4 pts

v NY

chandler 12 pts (14 shots)

and everyone else i cant be bothered listing.

he should have been mvp the last 2 seasons and will be the mvp for the next like, 10.

Reply #215964 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Still think the Cavs will have their hands full winning the East. Good team, still think that they need another scoring option. Time will tell

Reply #216057 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:03 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754