Mary Xmas
Years ago

Final Junior Results

With the bulk of the Juniors last games of the year and season being played by now were there any upsets or surprise win/losses? Who finished top and would you consider the top team to be the 2 x teams at the top before the crossover games or the team that finished top after the crossovers?

Topic #18397 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I can say one thing for sure and that is the kids are a bit annoyed. For example, tomorrow, the team my lad plays in plays one team for the third time in nine games. It's pretty boring for them and they have lost interest in it.

Of the teams in that div, there are 4 they haven't played at all.

In his team 3 kids have already decided to stick with footy in the winter season and not bothering to register for winter. Previously they balanced both.

The whole summer season was a bit of a shambles IMO.

Reply #216401 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Cant see the point in playing a season without any finals ... in the 9 rounds for my team, we had three byes, one win by forfeit (schoolies) and tonights round cancelled due to "stadium issues" ... so our summer season consisted of FOUR completed games ...

Reply #216402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well what do div 1 teams get for winning their comp?

They should get a trophy or medal atleast

Reply #216403 | Report this post

Mary Xmas  
Years ago

Stadium issues may have been "leaking stadiums" due to the rain yesterday - Morphettvale had the buckets and towels out to mop up leakages....

Reply #216408 | Report this post

Giraffe 55  
Years ago

My kids team had a bye, 2 teams forfieted against us and we had our last game cancelled due to the courts being unsafe. Thanks for the 5 games for my $200 fee's.

Reply #216412 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

There should have been no reason for a bye in such a short season. It would have been better to "smooth" out the divs to ensure even teams.

Although the rain dumps were unseasonal, it also highlights the apparent lack of maintenance that has gone into the BSA stadiums, or the poor condition of the stadium facilities.

Between 1970 and 2007, Adelaide saw a reduction in 5% of the annual rainfall, but a 10% reduction in the rain days. That means that rain events are now heavier than they were previously. If stadium roof leaks are an issue now, will someone make sure they are fixed by winter?

WRT maintenance, a good benchmark is 1-3% of the replacement cost should be spent on maintence of a capital item per year.

Reply #216413 | Report this post

giraffe 33  
Years ago

which games were cancelled last night?

Reply #216418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All games at Wayville were cancelled because of unsafe courts. Many players unhappy, especially with the Under 21 div 1 girls grandfinal being called off.

Reply #216436 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

heard no show by a team at morphett vale after the team drives half way across adeladie
gotta wonder in the value or who making thinking decisions

Reply #216439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are they to be replayed at any stage. That is those matches cancelled

Reply #216447 | Report this post

rainman  
Years ago

Tricky to re schedule...especially this time of year. Some already missed xmas functions to "play" last night. And missed out on going to Lightning game etc etc. What was WRONG w the Wayville courtS??? Some talk that there was oil or mud???? on them? Apparently the roof didn't leak? Disappointing finish. No body's fault. Rain's good.

Reply #216450 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Did someone drive the Jarvis subaru on the Wayville court?

Reply #216456 | Report this post

London boy  
Years ago

When are the clowns that run the show gonna realise its time to cancel summer season once and for all.

Reply #216619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 21 girls div 2 West Adelaide Red won in there group well done Heather

Reply #216642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard that wayville was leaking but haven't been informed if game will be replayed or not....bit of a shame

Reply #216810 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:39 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754