*gap here*
2 - Kirk Penney
3 - Shawn Redhage
4 - Ebi Ere
5 - Mark Worthington

Topic #18543 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

In my educated opinion based on not seeing a game for at least three years and just reading Boti's articles and other people's opinions here on Hoops SA .....

1. Julius Hodge
2. Chris Anstey
3. Ebi Ere
4. Kirk Penney
5. Shawn Redhage

..... and in no particular order, Ballinger, Homicide, Ingles, Schenscher and Worthington fighting out positions 6-10.

PS. Might have to get to a game sometime this year. Anyone got spare tickets? I shouldn't have spent all of Kevin's money on that new TV. ;-)

Reply #218491 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

1. J.Hodge
2. K.Penney
3. A.Ballinger
4. S.Redhage
5. C.Anstey

Reply #218492 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Interesting debate that comes around a couple of times every year.

Not too many debates with

Hodge, Penney, Anstey & Redhage

The 5th is interesting though, Ballinger although isnt producing the 'big' numbers everygame but he isnt needed to, Worthington does all the things that you hate to see the opposition player do. Interesting Ingles dosn't make anyones list although I think he would/should be sitting in that 6-10 spot atm.

Reply #218500 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Penney is a stretch at no 2 .

Great scorer with a license , but Ebi and Anstey have more potent all round games and Ballinger , Redhage and Worthington carry more value also .

Will hedge bets on Julius until after playoffs , although he will love that stage and he racks up #'s and W's .

If you are to go on this year Anstey may slip with the 22% long balls from 5 att.( too many ) and with 3.5 TO's .

HODGE
ERE
ANSTEY
BALLINGER
PENNEY ,

REDHAGE , WORTHINGTON , SAVILLE , SCHENSHCHER and KHAZZOUH

worthy of mention for nice seasons , not top 5 but honourable none the less .

Reply #218506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moses you can see some nbl games by downloading them at sport-scene.net!

Reply #218507 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

IMHO, Hodge and Penney are head and shoulders above anyone else. PERIOD!

Reply #218511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rotateonthis, I've got two problems with yoir selection of khazzouh in your top 10.

A, he's not in the NBL anymore and B, he not good enough!

He's a stud young gun tho and will be there one day if not soon.

Reply #218516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SKUX101, as much as I hate to say it, you just can't forget about Anstey.

Reply #218517 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

Hodge
Penney
Ballinger
Redhage
Anstey

I agree that Hodge is clear cut #1.

Penney is definately in the top 5, but I wouldn't say he's clear cut above the rest, has too many nights where he shoots 6 of 18, 8 of 23, etc from the field.

Anyone who thinks Ballinger doesn't make the 5 is just plain crazy! All bias aside, him and Redhage are the prototype for THE perfect import in this league (and yes, I know Redhage is now naturalised.) I mean seriously, i would bet that Balls has scored 17+ pts in all but one or two gms this year, shoots the rock at better than 50% from the field, 45-50% from 3, and 85% at the strike, while getting 7-8 boards and 1-2 blocks every game, plus he doesn't turn the ball over much or rack up fouls like many other imports.

To round out the 5 I would probably pick Anstey, though he really shoots himself in the foot with the ridiculous amount of 3 point attempts he jacks up every game. Yes, he can hit the 3-ball, but he is not a good 3-pt shooter.

Honourable mentions to Worthington, Ebi, CJ (who does't get the props he deserves over there cos of Penney), and perhaps even Big Luke.

Reply #218519 | Report this post

Mookie  
Years ago

1) Terry Dozier
2) Leon Trimmingham
3) Adrian Branch
4) Cecil Exum
5) Andre le Fleur

Reply #218522 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

My top five: Hodge, Anstey, Worthington, Penney and Ingles.

Reply #218527 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anyone leaving Bruton out of these lists might need to rethink - he is the best PG in the league and putting up good numbers with one of the best sides. Bruton, Penney, Hodge, Ballinger, Anstey.

Reply #218530 | Report this post

steve  
Years ago

yeah i agree with bruton

standouts in order IMO could be playing NBA:
-penny
-hodge
-ere
-anstey

other gun players
-redhage
-bruton
-worthington
-ingles
-ballinger
-homocide (i know ppl will argue with me on that one, but i watched him carve the dragons up recently, and wow)

Reply #218533 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

sean lampley

/end of thread

Reply #218536 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Bias aside, I have Adam & Jules locked in as the major pairing in the league. Adam brings the work ethic, consistency & the complete game, while Jules brings the fun, & the explosive confidence.
Wortho, Redhage & Big Red (in no particular order), have it covered in the top 5, for me.
I'm not here to suck up & win points, so that's it from me (the thread title read top 5).

Reply #218581 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:56 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754