Jc
Years ago

Ballinger in 50th game for Adelaide

found this on 36ers website, his 50th club game was overlooked because of the hodge thing.

36ers import Adam Ballinger will play his 50th game
in an Adelaide uniform tomorrow night against his old club, Wollongong.

Prior to joining his current team, Ballinger played 102 games with the Hawks.

For the third straight season, he is averaging over 20 points per game. That has helped him top the list of scorers since the start of 2004:

3,475 points - Adam Ballinger
3,360 points - Dusty Rychart
3,331 points - John Rillie
3,224 points - CJ Bruton
2,986 points - Stephen Black

http://linky.com.au/mpa0t

Topic #18625 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

And had a great game too.

Reply #219773 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Ballinger & Rychart, wish we had them both. Both favourites of mine because they get out there without any fanfare or flashy bullshit & get the job done.

Reply #219795 | Report this post

kman  
Years ago

Balls is a legend for me, awesome work ethic and beautiful shot, his inside moves are tough and classy.
Very happy to have him on our team for his entire career.

Reply #219798 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Fil, great minds think alike. This is exactly what I was pushing for before the season started. Together with the attraction on both being Aust Citizens for next season, the opportunities were endless for Adelaide. Anyone reading this and knowing my approval of Rychart would once again say I being biased. That is not the case. Remove any emotions other than the great players both these guys are, I stand justified in what I say. Can anyone honestly tell me we would have had any problems whatsoever with Rychart on our team this season? He has missed no games through injury and very few sin his whole NBL career. His loyalty and hard working ethics is unquestionable.

Congratulations to Adam for this milestone with the 36ers and disappointing that it was not acknowledged at last night's game due to other pressing issues. 50 games however is no where near enough. Lets hope in the near future we can celebrate 200 games and more with Adelaide. He is young enough and welcome enough.

Reply #219976 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

EC, but the problem is that they're both fairly exclusively PFs and I don't know that Dusty would take a paycut to come off the bench in a reduced role.

Reply #219986 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Balls is one of the best recruits we've ever had in Adelaide.

A beautiful shooting range and motion on the ball, tough in the post.

Looks good every game and always improves.

Pleased we have Balls the enforcer.

Reply #220073 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, with Hodge, the 36ers had 3 Forwards to 8 Guards. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the game last night start with both Ballinger and Holmes? Why can't you start 2 Forwards and then sub them off at alternate times so one is on court all the time?

Reply #220109 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Also it seems to be a popular choice to bring Grizzard in. Isn't he an import forward at 207 cm?

Reply #220112 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Holmes, Grizz & Hodge are all more suited to small forwards. Something Dusty isnt. Balls plays roughly 38 mins a game, almost exclusively as a power forward. So that leaves 10 mins to Dusty.

Reply #220145 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

EC, see Skip's comment - Dusty and Ballinger are PFs. I always thought Ballinger could run a bit at SF, asked someone who'd know more about it than me, and they said he wouldn't work there.

I don't believe that 3-8 ratio is fair. Davidson, Bruce and Maher are strictly guards. Cooper, Schenscher, Ballinger and Holmes are forwards or centres. Hodge, Hill and Winitana are G/Fs. It was actually a fairly balanced side. With Grizzard (SF who could play PF), a slight weakness emerges at SG IMO. If something happens to Maher, that could cause some trouble.

I think we're better covered to handle the loss of any other player to injury, except maybe Schenscher.

Getting Dusty's fine, but he's not going to play off the bench for $80k if he'll be naturalised and in demand from other teams.

Reply #220264 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:15 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754