Speed44
Years ago

Hodges' agent talks

Don't think this has been posted yet, if so, delete at will !!

Hodge again

Topic #18647 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

Thanks for that Speed44. It is good to hear the other side of the story.

Reply #220260 | Report this post

Aaron  
Years ago

Julius Hodge's second stint with the Adelaide 36ers came to an abrupt end Thursday when the Australian club agreed to release Hodge from his contract following his no-show at Wedneday's game against Wollongong.

A contract squabble was behind Hodge's ugly breakup with the 36ers. The former North Carolina State star was not being paid in time, according to agent Cervando Tejeda.

"It was the second time this had happened," Tejeda said. "He was supposed to be paid on the 15th, but earlier this week he had not received the money for the month of December."

Hodge  who signed with the Adelaide 36ers for a salary of $40,000 per month, according to Tejeda  ended up being paid right before Wednesday's game. Why didn't he show up for the game then?

"It came down to a trust issue," Tejeda said. "Ownership told us last Friday they would send the money right away, but they did not. We felt we couldn't trust them anymore."

Tejeda denies claims by 36ers owner Mal Hemmerling that the club had paid Hodge in advance for the rest of the season.

"It's all lies," according to Tejeda. "The money is not in the bank account. They said the same thing when Julius was owed the money in December and in the end they had to pay him in cash Wednesday before the game."

Tejeda says Adelaide owed money to several players other than Hodge. The 36ers are not an exception in the NBL, a competition that features several clubs in bad economic shape. Bucks center Andrew Bogut recently donated money to help pay the staff and players of the Sydney Spirit, according to the Australian media.

As for Hodge's future, Tejeda assures the former Nugget has no contract lined up with any other team.

"That had nothing to do with Julius leaving the 36ers," Tejeda said. "We have not received calls from the NBA. There's some interest in Europe, but that's not the reason why Julius is leaving. He loves the fans in Adelaide, but he couldn't deal with this situation anymore."

Reply #220263 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Watch us be the one team that gets pinged for busting the cap again. As soon as these dramas emerged, I knew that could be a probably.

Tejeda says Adelaide owed money to several players other than Hodge.
And who are those players? Has Hodge been drinking the poison offered by someone out for revenge?

Reply #220268 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Hodge just signed with Melbourne... great drama for the NBL. But in all seriouness, id be watching for those off ball picks Julius. mcpeake you officially are the biggest loser, karma is a MOFO so stay tuned i reckon.

Reply #220270 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

$40,000 a month? Jebus! Personally, I don't buy the above story.

Reply #220272 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Good friends with the X coach. What role did he play?

Reply #220274 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

If this is true (debatable), and Adelaide can't afford to pay it's players, then what hope has the league got of going ahead in any meaningful manner? Really? Surely this year, with the crowds up a bit, we could at least scrape together enough moolah to pay the players? I'm no financial expert, nor do i know how the stadium deal works (do we pay for using it?), but surely the money coming into the club, should be paid to the players first and foremost? Am I wrong?

Isaac, how true! If Hodge stayed the rest of the year, going by the $40,000 quote of his agent, that would've been around $160,000 - $200,000 just for him, for half a season! What are the others being paid to stay under the cap then? We will get screwed.

Reply #220275 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

AD, is that true? Where did you read that?

Reply #220276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There has been no talk (besides Julius and his agent) about other players not getting paid. Everything that came out of Julius' mouth on his video interview was a lie or fabrication so I wouldn't be believing this. They're both seriously deluded.

If the 36ers management now play hard, Julius won't be playing for any NBL club this season. Simply don't sign the release papers until it's too late to play in the finals.

KARMA MY BOY - I only wish I'd be there to see it!

Reply #220278 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

AD where is the proof of that? or when will there be proof of that?

Reply #220281 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

My manager at work just heard it on the radio apparently. I also heard it was a possibility from a very very solid source

Reply #220282 | Report this post

Aaron  
Years ago

I reckon it would be South rather than the Tigers as I can't see how the tigers could fit Hodge into their cap & poits system

Reply #220290 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

no its true, to hire hodge he demands 30000 USD a month.

his new agent seems to be a bit of a tool! he shouldnt be making that public, isaac i agree the 6ers could get pinned especially if they have lodged a different figure with the NBL.

Reply #220294 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Didn't the Tiger jsut sign DT? and with Ebi on the book where does this 3rd import spot come from

Reply #220295 | Report this post

Dazzler  
Years ago

"Simply don't sign the release papers until it's too late to play in the finals"

Will that mean we can't sign another import until it is also too late for finals?

Reply #220298 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Gaze, for what it's worth, stated categorically and in person to a member of this forum (apologies - I forget which one) that he was disgusted with Hodge's behaviour and that he would never wear a Tiger's uniform.

You'd have to imagine that'd hold some serious sway.

And aside from that, I can't see FIBA / Chuck Harmison allowing that to happen. Not sure where the Melbourne angle initially even came from, but I've never given it any credence - makes no sense to me.

Reply #220304 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

I dont think so, he just wouldn't be transfered until he clears his debt. But i could be wrong.

If he signs with the tigers, the whole freaking system is a joke

Reply #220307 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Now, that's a point, Dazzler.
Can we play Grizzard without releasing Hodge ?

( Tigers- when I asked, at half-time where Hodge was.
I was told, he's gone for good, over late
payment, to Melbourne)

Reply #220310 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

"Hodge just signed with Melbourne... great drama for the NBL. But in all seriouness,... "

Guys - I don't think AD was serious.

Reply #220311 | Report this post

Dazzler  
Years ago

Guys - I don't think AD was serious.

Sounds serious to me - "My manager at work just heard it on the radio apparently. I also heard it was a possibility from a very very solid source"

Reply #220312 | Report this post

The Source  
Years ago

Hodge commands U.S $50,000 a month.
The Sixers were paying Hodge U.S $50,000 a month.

There are two contracts for import players.
One contract the NBL see's which is below the salary cap and the 2nd contract is what the player really gets.
What Hodge's agent was referring to ($40K AUS) is the contract the NBL received.

Reply #220318 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Will that mean we can't sign another import until it is also too late for finals?
Could do what the Dragons did last year - pay Horvath and keep him on the books, but get a new player in. Could get Grizzard while preventing someone else from getting Hodge (unless he met the club's requirements of paying back funds).

As someone else has said, there haven't been any stories of other players not being paid.

AD, is that on radio in Sydney?

Didn't the Tiger jsut sign DT? and with Ebi on the book where does this 3rd import spot come from
Joe M - not out of question for someone to cut an import...

Reply #220320 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I have been thinking about this and the one thing that does not make sense is why was it only Julius not to get paid?

If i was Mal and lets say i did have cashflow problems which meant i had to restrict some payments, would the best player in the league be the guy that i single out to stop paying?

If it was say the Bulls would they have said hey Mike we cant give you your money, oh BJ Armstrong while your here lets give you your cheque

It does not make sense, combine that with his video and his blog all direct to Julius not making any sense.

Reply #220325 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

If anyone can do it, Melbourne can!

Reply #220327 | Report this post

Aaron  
Years ago

Is there any truth to the story that other players are not getting paid? If Julius did not bring this to the media's attention another player must have who is probably in the same situation.

I have not heard any players come out in support & say that they are up to date with their pay.

I agree that what Julius has done is wrong but there are a few inconsistencies in the story. What has happend to the money transferred to the US bank a/c? Were these funds returned? Why did we have to rush him to the bank on game day to show him the funds in the a/c? If we made an advance payment was this done as a gesture of good will given the long delay in payment?

I agree that we need to release something showing the payment was made on the 19/12. If allt he players are missing pays the team will go down regardless who we get.

Reply #220336 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

it will be funny in a way, just to see how bad the system is. What kinda response from the crowd would he get?

Reply #220339 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

The only person who even remotely intimated players weren't being paid is Hodge's agent, which I pay about as much attention to as those freaking Metropolitan Plumbing commercials.

I'd assume Mal's office transferred funds to the specified New York based account. The US bank says "No dice - 4 digits short", causing a delay exacerbated by the festive season. Money bounces. Mal does everything he can on this end to make sure Julius gets paid - opens an Aus account, physically shows him the money to put it to bed 100% and get on with ball.

Hodge's agent pounces on the opportunity (if he didn't create it in the first place) for an out clause and -hey presto- his man is free to pursue more lucrative offers.

Griz arrives.

We win the flag.

Hoops SA becomes the most successful website in history before ending the world as we know it in a SkyNet-esque frenzy.

End.

Reply #220341 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Is there any truth to the story that other players are not getting paid?
Not that I'm aware of (FWIW).
Why did we have to rush him to the bank on game day to show him the funds in the a/c? If we made an advance payment was this done as a gesture of good will given the long delay in payment?
Because he was threatening not to play until he was paid. And yes.

Reply #220342 | Report this post

Aaron  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac.

Does anyone else think the ex coach may have had been in his ear? It was interesting to hear him have a go at management & accuse them of a lack of respect for the way Phil was treated.

Reply #220348 | Report this post

sc  
Years ago

thats the rumour im hearing. might have a bit of a grudge against hemmerling and bauer?? suggested as the source for nagy's pre-blaze story about julius having the support of the team (dont think that was true at all) and feeding him stuff about club screwing over players and people in the past. we will hear more about it.

Reply #220354 | Report this post

Raytri  
Years ago

Sounds to me like the money got held up in transit which can be approx 3 weeks. Which management should have had an early contingency plan for .Julius has been given bad advice by his agent, ie miss practice, miss games etc., and now had been advised to shoot himself in the foot by wanting to be released from his sixers contract.
Bad management of the situation all round.

Reply #220356 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

To me the story pans out like this...
Sixers are late by 4 days in paying JH.
Mal transfers money into an invalid bank account.
Julius aks where his money is to which Mal replies, well it's left my account so i'm assuming you should have received it. Realise that the bank account was invalid and contact US bank who tells Mal it will be followed up for you. Day of the Gold Coast game, JH asks where his money is as he still hasn't received it and will not play that night until paid. Mal withdraws $40k from ATM and pays Julius.
Mal then to stop further f@*k ups opens an Aussie bank account in JH name and pays him his years salary in advance to avoid any further issues.
Since Gold Coast game JH agent has found him a more lucrative offer and tells Julius he can get 4 times as much playing in Italy and to run with his story to get out of the contract.

Reply #220366 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I thought the bank/ATM stuff went down prior to the Hawks game? I think what made him play in the GC game was the owner imploring him to play and that the money situation would be sorted out.

Reply #220368 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Ohhh...now I see why he left! ;)

Reply #220373 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

What makes me laugh is that Mal paid him in full, yet his agent has come out saying, ""It came down to a trust issue," Tejeda said. "Ownership told us last Friday they would send the money right away, but they did not. We felt we couldn't trust them anymore."
They paid him in FULL! You no longer need to trust him to pay you!

Reply #220375 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

And he wanted to go out with people he knew on NYE in the GC!

Reply #220377 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Hodge's agent, which I pay about as much attention to as those freaking Metropolitan Plumbing commercials."

Loco I have no idea where you've come from but I'm glad you're here, that is another great call! lol.

Have they deleted Hodge's last blog??? I can't find it now.

Reply #220388 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Cheers. Been around on and off. Season ticket holder for 10+ years or something. Center aisle, row G behind the scorer's bench berating Haines until I can't speak to be precise.

Reply #220399 | Report this post

Leopard  
Years ago

Panther,

Excellent summary of what has happened.

I once had money transfered from overseas to Australia. The Australian bank did gave an account number that missed one digit. The money left my overseas bank account, but did not show up in my Australian account. It took more than a week for the money to be back in my overseas account (with some costs deducted) and this was not during Christmas or any holiday season. Naturally I asked the Australian bank to cover my costs, which they did as it was their mistake.

If Mal transfered the money on 19th, and then came Christmas and New Year, it's no wonder the money has not been shown in anywhere until this week maybe back in Mal's account. All this assuming the account number given to Mal was wrong.

In this situation 36ers did everything they could and finally paid to an account in Australia/in cash. Hodge's and his agent's arguments about trust are hypocrite - they should look at mirror when talking about lack of trust.

Of course 36ers made a mistake of being that 4 days late, but that should not result in this kind of response from Hodge. THe agent and Hodge do not give any explanations either why did they not even call the coach or other players to let them know about his decision.

Also, all the stories that Hodge writes in his blog, which have been proved incorrect, or at least the truth has been really 'extended, demonstrate that I do not have much trust on what he or his agent says. I have much more trust on what Maher, Ninnis or Hammerling says.

Reply #220405 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Spot on Leopard.

Reply #220494 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

I believe Hodge's story. This just seems alot more reasonable, otherwise why would he suddenly do this for seemingly no reason at all?

Reply #220496 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

LA Boy, wait for the news that's yet to come out. Might change your tune.

Reply #220497 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Thats cruel saying that Isaac without more information!

Reply #220498 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

i never really believed in the club since day one...

Reply #220505 | Report this post

Leopard  
Years ago

LA Boy wrote: "i never really believed in the club since day one"

never really believed in the club SINCE DAY ONE....?

Does this mean that LA Boy is in reality NY Boy?

Reply #220509 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

No admission of error on Hodge's or his agent's part in providing the wrong banking details which delayed the payment. They put it down to lack of trust. Well trust goes both ways, trust in the organisation that employs you and trust in yourself to provide the right details. I actually work for a bank and one of the forms that is submitted by customers to my department states that incorrectly filling out this form will result in delays.

Reply #220523 | Report this post

Choppies  
Years ago

Just my two cents, and that's all it may be worth hehehe ...

Hodge did his video and ch7 interview at the bay. Phil lives at the bay. Coincidence? at a very long stretch. No laws against visiting a "friend" i suppose, but is still a "things that make you go hmmmmm" moment. Also, the interview supposedly done yesterday. He's probably already left the country to his next gig (after saying goodbye to Phil?).

$40,000 a month to play a game. Can't afford xmas presents for his daughter. Bratz and Nintendo DS aren't that expensive. What's he buying her? A solid gold house? I wonder if he'll ask for ALL future payments, with any club, to be upfront. Yeah good luck with that. Who can he trust now?

It wasn't about the money? ... ummm actually it was. The only way ya could live from paycheque to paycheque is if your paycheque was a pittance. But this guy earnt in one month what an ordinary South Aussie might not make in a year. I guess if you or I weren't paid ALL YEAR we might not show up the next day either. I think it would take more than one person not getting paid for there to be a loss of trust in management. So who else might not be getting paid? I guess we can possibly rule out the regulars, because if they weren't getting paid, they wouldn't have stuck around in the first place. So Schensher? Bruce? Winitana? Hmmm are his absences for "religious reasons" just a cover up? I guess Julius just worships the greenback.

Seems strange that he thought that just not showing up would be the ideal way to get paid, if he hadn't been as he said. Surely telling the people that matter "look, I aint playing cos y'all aint paid me" would work better at getting the point across than just pissing everyone off by not showing up, not telling anyone and not having your phone on. That to me would be a more effective way of getting fired.

Bottom line, if he'd been paid, he should have played. Not playing to spite a club that was LATE in paying him, doesn't make sense. It may have been bad business, no question. But the punishment appears to have come too late. To strike AFTER the matter is resolved, is not the right reaction. So either he mustn't have been paid, or he was just an a$$hole.

Interesting comparison in earlier thread, that if the teachers/police/fireys were to take similar action, we'd support them and their cause. The difference between that situation and this one, apart from those jobs being vitally more important than bouncing a ball, is that at least those workers notify the public that they intend to strike on this particular day, so preparations can be made to fill the voids and make alternative arrangements. Imagine the chaos of the teachers strike if they just didn't show up without notifying anyone. Talk about public outcry and anger.

IMO the reason most parochial Sixers fans are reacting this way is because we place an extremely high value on loyalty. Whether its for Mark Davis and Brett Maher who began and ended their careers in a Sixers singlet, or for Jacob Holmes, Martin Cattalini, Kevin Brooks, Willie Farley who decide to return to Adelaide after stints interstate or overseas, we love the loyal players. Now take the two biggest villians in Sixers history, Mark Bradtke, and now Julius Hodge. Bradtke was released to play overseas, with the blessing of the club and his own promise to return to Adelaide if he ever played in Australia again. He did not, instead defecting to Melbourne for more money. I remember his first game back in Adelaide for the Tigers, there were boos and jeers, signs and people holding up sparkling dollar signs. Whenever he comes back, he's booed.

Expect the same for Hodge. We loved him when he came back, but now he has disrespected the singlet. You have to WANT to play for Adelaide. If you don't want to, then get out! We have no time for those just here to get paid. You love the game, you love the club, and in turn, the fans love you.

Reply #220556 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Pardon my ignorance but what does Phi Smyth have to do with all of this? I can't see what benefit there was to Hodge to go running to Phil except that he may have been the only friend he had in Adelaide and looking for some support.

Reply #220569 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

* waits patiently to hear where Hodge signed...probably a week ago *

Reply #220571 | Report this post

Choppies  
Years ago

I agree Loco, I wonder where he'll show up, and I'm sure it'll be reported as soon as he surfaces. I do however wonder if he HAD a deal, but because of the way he went about terminating his contract, whether the prospective team had second thoughts.

I guess no-one will know but him. I'd like to think that no-one would touch him with a barge pole, but unfortunately, when it comes to a quality player, in ANY sport, there's always a team that wants to win at all costs. Someone wanted Ben Cousins, someone wanted Dennis Rodman. Some people tend to overlook the bad in order to get the goods.

I'm still surprised I haven't seen any spiteful youtube videos showing Hodge lowlights on it, for NBA teams' consideration. Ya know the type ... missed jumpshots, ball-hoggin misses, tantrums, court announcer introducing players, coming to Julius Hodge and there being silence, crickets chirping, a tumbleweed rolling across court lol. I'm sure someone could come up with something amusing like that ... not throwing any hints out there hehehe. Nah it just surprises me thats all, the internet is so easy access and there's lots of creative people out there.

Oh and another thing, how come he spent xmas day alone? Past Sixers teams have always inter-mingled socially, like when Ruuuuupert used to host Thanksgiving day for his US teammates. Maybe he had no friends here, maybe he was with Phil, who knows. I don't know what Phil has to do with any of this. Apart from being a former coach, possibly were friends. Maybe the link is made suspicious at how Phil left the club, or his own dealings with management.

Oh it all reeks of bitterness, greed, lies ... could be an episode of Dirty Sixer Money.

Reply #220580 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Are you done Choppies? The man with a 2 post history on this site.

Reply #220588 | Report this post

No money Mal  
Years ago

Panther you are half right. Every one is blaming Julius but this sixer administration has some serious problems and is clearly inept. Mal has no money - simple. Has always used others to big note himself. Never should have recruited Julius in the first place. Then used the wrong bank account trick to buy time whilst blaming others. He has done it before. Why do you think the coach got the job - he was the cheapest option. When are you south aussies gonna wake up. You had a great team ..........

Reply #220619 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

You are 100% correct NMM, but Hodge wanted out also, money was not a part of it just a way to get out(went about it the wrong way), thats the sad part.

Reply #220622 | Report this post

Choppies  
Years ago

DDFan - since I've only just discovered this board, I think I am allowed to start posting somewhere. I also think I'm allowed to have an opinion like everyone else. It's an interesting topic, and I've sat here and read through everyone elses posts and decided to do the same. Perhaps I am guilty of rambling a little, and for that I apparently must apologise.

For now this WOMAN has a 3 post history.

Reply #220635 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Sorry Choppie, for a couple of reasons. I think I'm allowed to say on these boards that I'm old school, so I don't choose to bad-mouth the ladies. Secondly, you weren't to know that I have a lot of time for Phil & Jules, but you weren't to know that.
In my defence, a lot of posters change their alias when it suits the topic, but with you being a genuine noob, welcome aboard.
Anyway, I've apologised, now you can stick your 2 cents. I had to get that in, I'm a grumpy ol' MAN. ; )

Reply #220721 | Report this post

Choppies  
Years ago

No probs, I appreciate your response.

I don't have a prob with Phil, I think he was the best coach we've had and he did for players what no other NBL coach has appeared to do ... just let them play.

Yeah I'm a "noob" here (had to sit and figure out what that meant, then decide if it was insulting haha, but I got it now). I have posted on other boards previously but the picking, sniping and insults got to me so I just didn't bother going there anymore, personal choice. I'm probably considered old-skool as far as being a Sixers fan, started going to games in 1985, had season tickets for about 20 seasons of those 23 years (and some great memories to boot). I love em, always have and always will.

And with my 2c, I guess I shoulda rounded up to 5 (or rounded down to 0 haha) ;)

Reply #220777 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Lov'n it Choppies, I'm an '85 36er birther too. Not too many disappointments along the way for me either.

Reply #220811 | Report this post

Choppies  
Years ago

Gotta love the early years. When attendances were so low they used to introduce the crowd to the players cos it didn't take as long haha. It was first in best dressed, and if ya got to sit in those padded maroon seats, well you felt like royalty! God I miss Apollo! Sorry, gone off topic now. I get all carried away wandering down memory lane.

Reply #220823 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Yep, love those days. I wasn't too well dressed, so sat in most backest NW corner seats. Row H? : P
The night went, watch live game, have a few drinks in the tent, head home for the delayed telecast, then rewind the BetaMax & press Play for another squizz.
Just remembered, the first Apollo live game for me, was actually in '89. Prior to that, my only avenue was to watch on the TV & I shook with excitement.

Reply #220845 | Report this post

Choppies  
Years ago

Haha good times! Yeah back when basketball was on FTA tv. I can't believe I used to complain about channel 10 only showing games late at night, in comparison to now.

Game night for me used to be watching the Buffaloes (SEABL) or even Rachel Sporn and Jan Stirling play for the North Adelaide Rockets in the curtain raisers. Autograph hunting when I saw players arriving in the pit behind the basket. Scream and cheer during the game, and I'd always make my way down to the players race 3mins before half time and end game to give the guys a hi-five as they went to the lockerroom.

God I can remember the prize for the raffle used to be an autographed/engraved pewter mug or an actual playing singlet of a particular player. A relative of mine won the prestigious singlet of Matthew Reece hehe. I can't remember the exact row where we sat at Apollo, all I know is that those orange seats were damn uncomfortable. :)

Reply #220861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it's time DD and Choppies found a room

Reply #220871 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

That'd be nice Anonymous, set it up. : P

Reply #220874 | Report this post

Choppies  
Years ago

haha sorry, I know I've been rambling off topic, will shut up now :)

Reply #220884 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

No harm done Choppies, these Anonymous characters always come out to play when they feel left out.
Anyway, he/she/it's suggested a room. I'm hang'n out for 2 comfortable chairs, a Cappa & nibblies.

Back off topic:

Now didn't Andrew Kaye & Lynn Parnell (sp) do a great job on .....

That possession we blew when Ice moved down court on the inbound pass ......

The Green Machine & Scotty off the bench, like .........

Reply #220895 | Report this post

Choppies  
Years ago

Oh that inbound shuffle that Pearce did, I remember it well. That was sooooo stupid, the ref warned him not to move, and he still did!!! Lost possession and lost the game if I recall correctly.

It was almost as cringe-worthy to watch as that Ray Wood shuffle over the centreline in game one of the 86 GF series in Brisbane. Fortunately he got away with that one.

Yeah Lyn Parnell and Andrew Kay were great. They were REAL commentators. They told it like it is, they didn't feel the need to razzle dazzle it up american style. Wonder what they're doing now.

Al Green is one of my all time favourite players, alongside Bill Jones and Kevin Brooks. He was soooo fast, it was awesome. And Scotty was quick too, very explosive. I think he was just starting to come into his own as a player when he went to South East Melbourne. It's always a shame when a popular player here has to go elsewhere to get court time.

Oh by the way, I started up another thread so we don't get in trouble for being off-topic here. I love talking about the old times.

Reply #220911 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:30 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754