Cat 57
Years ago

Are the Cavaliers NBA Championship contenders?

Are the Cleveland Cavaliers NBA championship contenders or protenders?

Topic #18661 | Report this topic

Humpa  
Years ago

if the refs continue to not call Lebron travelling, then yeah.

Reply #220480 | Report this post

Jc  
Years ago

ooo,humpa is on the money. but i reckon kobe-4-MVP will agree with me lakers will win.

Reply #220483 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

I think the answer is the same as this:

http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com/

Reply #220487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finals will be Spurs v Cavs, I don't see the cavs winning this series.

Reply #220495 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Humpa, last I checked, they called it.

Answer - yes. I think they'll win it, personally.

Reply #220502 | Report this post

They match up so well on all the good teams. And plus Lebron is the best player in the world. I think they will win

Reply #220504 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Humpa your an idiot,

cavs are not pretenders but will not win it all.

look for another boston - la finals series.

Reply #220541 | Report this post

im sure The NBA would love that hmm

Reply #220560 | Report this post

MAZE  
Years ago

imagine an aging kobe needing extra help from the one and only lebron james in 2010???

Reply #220561 | Report this post

STAT  
Years ago

Cavs wont make finals! Playoffs are a completely different ball game to the regular season, one man cannot get it done on his own. Who else will stand up for Cleveland down the stretch? Wally World?

Kobe as much as i know youll give me shit for it i think the lakers over the Hornets in 5 games this year.

Reply #220596 | Report this post

STAT  
Years ago

I ment Boston whoops my bad

Reply #220601 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

So much depends on match-ups re finals...

For eg, i really think the Hornets have the wood on the Lakers, they seem to have no way of stopping Paul (who does????)

Houston could easily go all the way, as long as they don't play Utah...

Magic is still getting no love for the East, but they have to win against top teams to earn that i guess...

As for the cavs... there is a lot to like, they play solid D, have a semi post player in the big Z and take-over talent in LBJ who can win games on the road (huge in finals) Williams adds shooting and tempo control...

If they win the East, they would rather see LA than a healthy Houston- Artest and Battier form a strong core of LBJ stoppers...

Reply #220926 | Report this post

Run TMC  
Years ago

I don't seriously think anyone in the league (including Cleveland) would rather play LA than Houston in a seven game series.

Reply #220940 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I don't like Houstons chances. T-Mac is bitching and moaning that Yao is taking too many shot and is soft. Their chemistry isn't flash.

That soft tag is funny coming for T-Mac. He can't even do back-to-backs anymore. Houston will be first round bait again this year which means more tears for T-Mac.

Reply #220943 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Yeah- the Houston thing is really based on 100% health for all players and the reality is that the odds of Houston being 100% are slimmer than Hodge returning to the sixers.

Reply #220950 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Picked Boston early last year to win it due to roster make up and role players .

Can't stand lebron and and don't really like the cavs cause of him but they have done a nice job tweaking their roster over last 3 years .

Backcourt of Delonte West and now Mo Williams , prolly both combos but slightly on PG side of it meaning they share handling duties , both can shoot and create for themselves or teammates and Delonte seems to have sorted his head issues out this season . Mo does what is required and is generally good in the crunch ( playoffs ) plus his 90-95 % FT shooting will be invaluable season ending .

Varejao is now a legit player who can swing from PF to C resting Big Z or Ben Wallace . IMO a perfect compliment to both these guys . Now has the smarts and experience to pick his poison (never drinks it) and change his game to help the team .

Gibson and Wally can light it up and help spread the floor . Can see both having some hot patches in the playoffs .

Lebron is hittin his free throws , still would love to see him brick a pair at end of a game 6 or 7 .

Think Cavs will give it a nudge .

Reply #220955 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

They must start looking at shipping wally and his contract for a good sg, delonte is a top back-up in my books.... not a championship starter...

Reply #221180 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:44 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754