nutter
Years ago

Julius Sends letter to fans

Did any one else see the letter across the front page of the sport today?

The letter addressed the fans directly stating that it was in no way the fans fault that he left but simply a business deal gone wrong. He stated how much he enjoyed playing in front of the fans in adelaide and how much he loved the friendships he had forged while playing in Adelaide.

He wanted us to know that if the reason for leaving was any other reason that he would have been announcing it in front of the crowd at the Dome but because of the situation he didn't get that opportunity.

Also on the next page of the paper that the sixers management had tried to bargain with Hodge and the money ALREADY OWED to him. Wanting to only pay 20 - 30% of his owed payment before the Hawks games and the rest 3 days later. Julius said that when he found out about this he knew it was time to go feeling they were trying to make the money that was already rightfully his performance based.

Thoughts?

Topic #18675 | Report this topic

NVS  
Years ago

I think this guy is full of it. His story has changed again from what he has said in the past. I dont believe a word of it...

Reply #220741 | Report this post

Fox 68  
Years ago

He's full of it, IMO just trying to extinguish the fires he burned on those bridges so he can play in the NBL again. He was paid in full and by the end of it, had to pay back money to the organisation. Either he is a very sensitive man, and its a 'business' as he says, so their is no time for emotions right? He got his money then he left.

Oh and he had time to ring a girl who was AT THE HAWKS GAME when he rang, to tell her he wanst playing and explain 'his side of the story' yet wouldnt pick up the phone to a professional call. Ordinary stuff, and his agent should be black listed too, that jerk was worse the Jerry Macguire!

Reply #220742 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

lol gees it doesn't matter what Hodge says you guys will always think whatever comes out of his move is BS while whatever Mal says is always 100% correct.

Reply #220745 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I consider myself a fan & friend of Jules & I for one don't like the way he or management have been attacked on these boards by you tide drifters.
Some of you have been an absolute disgrace, & I'm being nice, so don't rock the boat.
FWIW, a lot of you guys have probably lapped him up in the Apollo Room, yet I haven't been allowed to even say G'day. No whinge, just a measuring stick for some of you guys to get a grip of.
Cheers

Reply #220761 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

King James if what he says is BS then why would you believe it?

Do you believe him when his own blog that he has written says how good his jumpshot is and references the 9/9 that he hit against Melbourne, none of which where jumpshots.

He is the one who caused problems from the moment he landed by not turning up to trainings and missing sponsor shows.

The facts are that he was paid on time and in fact in advance of when he was contractually due to get paid.

That is like complaing that you are due to be paid on Friday but get paid on Wednesday and get upset because you got paid early.

I am sure Julius' true motives will come out soon enough.

For now i think it is best that you take a breath on this subject beacuse by defending him you are looking bad yourself.

Reply #220764 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Also he has said that he did not train anytime before the Hawks game so who was that at training on Monday?

Reply #220765 | Report this post

Fox 68  
Years ago

Reply #220766 | Report this post

Fox 68  
Years ago

Agreed Kent, he was what he was. The letter is a such a stupid toekn thing to do, wonder if his agent was behind that aswell. King James I often agree completely with what you posts comapared to some of the nutjobs that want to know what toothpaste a player may use, but in regards with julius, he was 100% wrong, thats coming from people close to the organisation, not a 13 yr old fan thats pissed off.

Reply #220768 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

The letter doesn't absolve anything from either side- either Hoge's or Mal's... it is water under the bridge now and too little too late.
It is clear that some parts of this story will never be told in it's entirety, so let it go and let's see what Grizz can bring.

Reply #220770 | Report this post

Stats Machine  
Years ago

Don't you see Kent that your view is dependent on completely believing everything the club has said and therefore assuming everything Hodge says is a lie? The fact is, no one knows the total truth. You pick who you want to believe but don't shoot down someone for defending Hodge. You believe the club. Someone else believes Hodge. Other people think the truth is probably in between both stories. No one knows for sure. Just don't tell someone that defending Hodge makes them 'look bad' just because you don't agree. That's a disgraceful thing to say

Reply #220771 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Fair enough but when the truth comes out as to Julius' motives, i am sure you will have no problem beleiving the club.

The facts remain that the club actually paid Julius earlier than what they had to and that he was the one skipping trainings and commitments well before pay became an issue.

Also worth noting that Julius contract is a locked one meaning that it does not have an NBA out contract.

Reply #220774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Julius is bothering to send out a letter to the fans and talk via Hoops TV aswell. Most imports don't do that, they would just walk off and not care.

Reply #220775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whatever whatever. let it go!

Reply #220782 | Report this post

Drb  
Years ago

i cant belive some are even defending this git. his actions have proven that he cant be trusted and that he is not a team player. his actions were disgraceful, ie not turning up for the match not calling etc also pre not attending training sessions or sponsor promos for a guy demanding 30KUSD a month, he should have been doing everything for the 6ers. he is just dodgy, i mean anyone who gets paid in advance and then does a runner causes is dodgy, thank god 6ers wont sign fiba release untill they get there monehy. hodge should get back to the US and never visit these shores again.

people saying what about his letter or going to tv, this is his disgusting agents response to try and save some face, but first thing hodge should do is sack that twit! Julis and agent stick that letter when the sun doesnt shine!

Reply #220783 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Very sympathy seeking mentioning how he had family to support back home (8 or 9 people including mother, brothers etc.) If that's true you have to ask the question on what the rest of the family are doing if they are all dependent on Julius' income. But regardless of this fact, a business is a business and doesn't look at your personal circumstances, all that matters is that contracts are adhered to by both parties, so really there was no need to mention his family needing the support.

Reply #220784 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

Agreed Drb! Forget about this peanut and let him go and do what he wants to do. He is happy to write all sorts of things on his blog, but can't take a call from his employer. Best that there be no more talk about Hodge, let's concentrate on what lies ahead. Grizzard has plenty to offer and I for one will be right behind him.
King James, I reckon this is the only time I have ever disagreed with a post of your's. But having said that, I, to an extent am assuming things, doubt if too many members of the public know all the facts.

Reply #220785 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

* correction, earlier in this thread, should read earlier on these boards.

Reply #220795 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I'm throwing in a triple post, but what the heck.
Didn't someone mention on these boards that BRETT was STILL owed $30k from previous management? I don't recall any backlash. I'd consider THAT a controversial default or non-payment, but please, you be the judge.

Reply #220796 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Pretty sure that was an old issue that was resolved early on when Mal came in.

Reply #220799 | Report this post

quasi  
Years ago

Brett has more class and loyalty than Hodge would ever have. He prob is still owed money, but he wouldn't air it in public. Hodge seems to be trying to stay in the news and gain more publicity from interviews to net footage to letters to fans. IMO the best way to go is to ignore him - he's done, let's focus on the team and the new import!

Reply #220801 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

quasi:

"Brett has more class and loyalty than Hodge would ever have. He prob is still owed money, but he wouldn't air it in public."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Thanks for that. ; )

Reply #220807 | Report this post

Wow he lied about scoring 9/9 with jumpshots WHEN HE DIDNT TAKE ANY? I'M NEVER BELIEVING HIM AGAIN

Reply #220814 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

More to the money saga IMO, but both parties are going to blame each other and we will never know all the facts.

The issues about Hodge's me me me attitude and dreams to hit the big time are less hidden and can be seen by all in the wording he uses in his blog - not the whole truth - really stretching points to his favour - jump shot, what jump shot!!

Everybody I have spoken to that knows Brett tells me that he would not say something about a person unless it was fact. He is not the type of person to slag off just for the sake of it.

The letter may be trying to suggest he is sad it ended this way, but I still am not too unhappy for the team's sake that he is gone.

The last 2 games show that some players performed better without him - we should never have to rely on 1 person.

Go SIXERS!!!

Reply #220816 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Did anyone else see Brett's interview after the game last night upstairs? How many interviews has he done since the Wed night game, he has been pretty busy!

Brett addressed the Fans directly by standing in front of them and speaking. He answered questions from Sapper and spoke to a few people on the way there and back.

Grizzard arrives tomorrow.

Reply #220819 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

really the more people talk about it the more messy this is going to get. Only several people know the truth and it will stay that way as both parties will fight to save face. After Grizzard comes in we need to build a big bridge and all walk over it and refocus.

Reply #220820 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

IMO - Julius is the most talented import to ever play here. The truth is Sixers management / staff would have been aware of his attitude to trainning and sponsorship commitments from his time here last year. At the end of the day, it's just another chapter of "Lost Opportunity" in the sorry book about Sixers history of late.....

Reply #220828 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

ESP - I think Phil let him do his own thing a lot more last season, where as Scott is a lot more strict.

Ask any of the players and theywill tell you that trainings are a lot harder than they have been in recent years.

I bet that Hodge wouldnt last a week with if Goorj was his coach.

Reply #220831 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Nor would Brett. j/k ; )

Reply #220837 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

skip:

"Ask any of the players and theywill tell you that trainings are a lot harder than they have been in recent years."

Not being picky, but even including development players (Eze), that would make 5 players, that would know. Far from "any".
No biggy, just drawing a line in the sand.

Reply #220851 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Maher, Davidson, Holmes, Hill, Cooper, Burdon, Ballinger, Hodge.

I count 8.

Of which 4 of thoses players have said to me trainings are harder and more intense than in previous years with Phil.

Hodge has made no secret that he prefers Phil as well, and it is no secret that Hodge was late to most practices that he did actually turn upto with Scott.

Reply #220856 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

If he's trying to tug at my heart strings with his bullshit letter, he's going to be very disappointed.
There has been too much conflicting info from both him and his agent. After all, they gave the 36ers the incorrect bank account no.

As I've said before, my fave players are the Rychart/Ballinger types, so IMO opinion good riddance, goodbye and don't call us ,we'll call you!!

Reply #220865 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Not 1 (of those 4) said trainings were tougher with Phil? : P

Reply #220867 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

that's right.

didn't George Karl have a beef with Hodge?

Reply #220873 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Karl said that he'd get nowhere with NBA GMs with his bad attitude.

The funny thing to me is still that it was all sparked by supposed "late payments" but when the contract was recently reviewed, it turns out the payments were actually early! Another twist in the tale.

Reply #220880 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

That's one thing I don't really get. Surely you would know when you're supposed to pay your highest paid player?

Reply #220889 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

^^^ And especially if there are payment issues with him....

Reply #220890 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I guess that sometimes it is very easy to digest bs from someone who looks like they have made a career out of it. However that sort of person always comes unstuck after periods of
Prolonged exposure.

In terms of the PR side of things, the club really has done a remarkable job with this issue. Would have been a different story two years ago.

Reply #220894 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

twenty four - could be the case that they, in the heat of those moments, assumed (see the oft-repeated note about assumptions) that were Hodge and agent firing up about something, they must know when they were supposed to be paid.

Reply #220905 | Report this post

Dwayne Schintzius  
Years ago

XY, Keep in mind that when Hodge was shot outside that nightclub in an interview they asked him what would you have done if that spelt the end of your basketball career and he said either become a high school coach or an actor.

Reply #220907 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

So he became an actor, and only the really really really stupid believes what he says.

Reply #220917 | Report this post

Beagle  
Years ago

Ahhhh, what might have been! If he'd only devoted as much time to training as he devotes to his blog and YouTube videos...

Reply #220921 | Report this post

Facts  
Years ago

Julius was not paid.

Julius met with management face to face and a deal was struck that seemingly both parties were happy with and they shook on it.

Hours later Julius does not show for a big game without any notice and does not answer any calls.

A day later Julius asks to be let out of his contract.

The sixers release a statement announcing Julius's contract release.

The coach and captain publicly comment that Julius was not all that he seemed to the fans and it is a relief it is over.

Julius gets on You Tube to tell his side

A few days later Julius releases a letter to the fans.

Wrongs on both sides, no doubt about it; however it seems the club has moved on.

Maybe Julius and us fans should as well.

Reply #220922 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure that I'd jump to post "Julius was not paid" with an alias of "Facts" just yet.

Reply #220925 | Report this post

squid  
Years ago

Just take a hike Julius and take that headband with you pal.

Reply #220928 | Report this post

zimster  
Years ago

care to elaborate on that one issac ?

Reply #220933 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Already have a bit elsewhere.

Reply #220934 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

^^^ I too have heard that contractually the Sixers had paid Hodge early.

If we're adhering to the 'work to rule / breach of contract' bit alla Hodge's manager and this is the case, it's difficult not to put the Sixers admin in the right.

Reply #220936 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Yes it is time to go past this issue and i for one think with Grizzard and a much more focussed team we can go a long way in the finals esoec. if Grizzard can add to our defence.
Those half believing Hodge are focussing on the late payment and wondering who to believe .
Well look at Hodge His USA sagas and NBA coach views. Then when here the Drink the Poison interview
and even people not in the know like myself when he was scoring big numbers questioning his antics and his team committment by only doing short part of warm ups etc . All this time been confirmed he was either late or didnt turn up for practices.
Then not to turn up for a game HELL is there really anyway you can defend that. Didnt we all find that embarrising. Also why really did he go to Melb. the weekend before and now. Why is he still in Aust. wouldnt you want to get the hell out of here. He is waiting for a contract that was promised with a air ticket is my guess. Then all his ego sprouting about how good he is. Surely after a while teams could work out to close him down with no jump shot. Although like must of us I been involved in sport but just a long term fan of Sixers and I know I never want people like him on my team or for the Sixers it doesnt work. Please dont question the word of Brett and Scotty they are focussed on one thing getting the best result for sixers.

Reply #220946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HIs goin to sign in europe for a lot more money

Reply #221384 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:12 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754