Anonymous
Years ago

NBA on TenHD - NetTen (One) Starting Feb 2nd!

I read on another forum somewhere a few days ago where a few people were saying that they believed that the NBA was going to be shown on Ten HD in Feburary and then will be moved onto One HD when it launches in April. Anyone know if there is any truth to this? (The Ten HD website guide only lets you look as far ahead as 6 days)

Topic #18783 | Report this topic

Quagmire  
Years ago

I got my fingers crossed massive...

Reply #222516 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Feb 6 was the last date I heard - but this has not been confirmed. From a timing perspective it would make sense, as the NFL season would be completed.

Reply #222523 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Go to NBA.com click on Schedule> International TV > Australia.
There they have listed channels ESPN (as per normal) but have only recently added NetTen (One) with games starting Monday 2nd Feb 2009 6:30am Cleveland @ Detroit!!!
Looks to be 3 games a week!

Reply #222527 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Would be great if it happens

Check out China.....lol....they have about 20+ channels

Reply #222529 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Looks real good for Lakers fans. 1/3 of all the games are Lakers games.

Reply #222532 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

HD TV: Check
HDD recorder: Check
Aerial plug in room with this TV: Fail!

Bunny ears, here we come.

Reply #222533 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Tivo just keeps making me happier and happier. Its already set to record anything remotely to do with Basketball.

Reply #222536 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

skip, what's the deal with it? I thought it was Seven only? Yearly or monthly costs? All channels? Fox too? Already got an LG LCD with built in recorder that does some stuff quite well but can't be set to auto-read guides and find future times, etc.

Reply #222543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think we should get every Milwaukee and (when Nathan Jawai starts playing) Toronto games. Plus a couple of other games a week...

Reply #222547 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Tivo does all free to air networks. At launch they where talking that HD recording would be an additional cost later on down the track. not sure what happened with that and if it is yet implemented?

Isaac bunny ears do people still use them?! it can't be that hard to put a tv port into the room required!

Reply #222548 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

One off cost of about $650 for the box.
All free to air stations including HD.
Not Fox, but I dont have Fox anyway.
No monthly fees, however it does connect to your braodband connection, havnt found that it uses much MB though. (You can download movies through it though for a fee which use about 3 gig per movie)
Pauses, rewinds, slomos Live TV. There is even an instant replay button that automatically takes it back 6 seconds.

My favourite thing is how easy it is to record stuff though. Within 20 - 30 seconds I can set it to record a TV show just once or every time it comes on.

I can also set it to automically record anything with a keyword in the description, or anything directed by a certain directer, or anything starring a certain actor.

It also automatically records stuff that it thinks you might like based on what you have recorded in the past.

I can also access the box from here at work and set it to record from here if I realise I forgot about something that was on.

I could go on for ages.... (did I mention as of next week you can order pizza thru it?)

Reply #222550 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

oh, and my tivo just has Bunny Ears plugged in too :-)

Reply #222553 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Do you have pay extra for a wireless adaptor for TIVO???

Reply #222554 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DJ, only in the place for a year while waiting for the house to be built, so not sure if it's worth it - and I don't really watch much TV at all.

Skip, sounds good but probably covers a lot of ground my TV does (rewind, pause, record, etc) or the Apple TV does (video rental over broadband, movie trailers, etc - will hack it soon to replace XBMC as a movie server).

What's the capacity of the drive in the Tivo? My TV is 250GB I think and it fills up pretty quickly recording HD.

Reply #222555 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

2nd February is the same day that Super bowl will be on from about 9am. AWESOME!

Reply #222556 | Report this post

NVS  
Years ago

I am in the same predicament as Isaac however i have a powered indoor antenna that i bought from Dick Smith. It works pretty well however Channel 10 is always a bit touchy.
I have an old house with solid walls therefore it means chasing the bedroom wall to install a antenna feed........havent got around to it yet.....

Reply #222558 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Aussiebballer - Wireless adapter is about $60 extra. However, I did read somewhere about a promotion where you could be reimbursed for it. Cant remember where though.

Isaac - 160 gig I think.

Reply #222559 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Bring back NBA Action and the Top Ten Plays of the week.

Kicking things off, we go courtside as Magic goes the no-look wrap around sommersault half pike assist whilst blindfolded to Kareem!

Reply #222563 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

That is freaking awesome. It'll look sweet on my Sony Bravia LCD =D

Now I just need a HDD recorder...

Reply #222578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is great news but I have two questions:

Which US station are they getting the games from? Or is it from a variety of stations?

How many games are they going to show in the playoffs?

Reply #222590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will it also be on the regular channel 10 or only 10 HD?

Reply #222596 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Seems I am in the market now for a HDD TV Recorder!!

Any ideas?
Best value for money, any to steer clear of etc...

Cheers!

Reply #222601 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Anons- only on the HD station until ONE HD launches which you will then be able get on a SD set top box.
I recommend Tivo.

Reply #222603 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Whilst Tivo has plenty of pluses I'm still more inclined to think a regular HDD recorder is the way to go so that Foxtel can also be recorded on the same unit.
Whilst the auto recording and scheduling for a full season of a show is good, it isnt really that hard to enter it in especially as more and more machines become accesible via internet.

Reply #222607 | Report this post

Avv  
Years ago

Looks pretty much like they are showing the Thursday night TNT game (which is Friday Aust time) and the Sunday ABC game (which is Monday Aust time).

Reply #222608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you watch Ten HD on a regular non HD TV? If so how?

Reply #222609 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

yes - With a HD Set Top box.

Reply #222610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thanks skip

Reply #222623 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Oh the pain, but you are missing out. Invest in a nice HD TV ;-)

Reply #222631 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

tivo sounds good but foxtel still way better. I can remote record from my 3g phone!
nba action is on espn its sweet!

Reply #222636 | Report this post

Butt Scratcher  
Years ago

Found this list of games on a Digital TV forum. Looks like they may be showing plenty of double headers

ONE HD
Mon. 2/2/2009 6:30 AM Cleveland @ Detroit
Fri. 2/6/2009 12:00 PM L.A. Lakers @ Boston
Mon. 2/9/2009 7:30 AM L.A. Lakers @ Cleveland
Fri. 2/13/2009 1:30 PM Boston @ Dallas
Fri. 2/20/2009 12:00 PM San Antonio @ Detroit
Mon. 2/23/2009 6:30 AM Boston @ Phoenix
Fri. 2/27/2009 2:30 PM Phoenix @ L.A. Lakers
Mon. 3/2/2009 12:00 PM San Antonio @ Portland
Fri. 3/6/2009 12:00 PM Dallas @ New Orleans
Mon. 3/9/2009 6:30 AM Phoenix @ San Antonio
Fri. 3/13/2009 11:00 AM L.A. Lakers @ San Antonio
Fri. 3/13/2009 1:30 PM Cleveland @ Phoenix
Fri. 3/20/2009 1:30 PM Golden State @ L.A. Lakers
Mon. 3/23/2009 4:00 AM Houston @ San Antonio
Mon. 3/23/2009 6:30 AM L.A. Clippers @ Toronto
Mon. 3/30/2009 4:00 AM Dallas @ Cleveland
Mon. 3/30/2009 6:30 AM L.A. Lakers @ Atlanta
Fri. 4/3/2009 11:00 AM Cleveland @ Washington
Fri. 4/3/2009 1:30 PM Utah @ Denver
Mon. 4/6/2009 5:30 AM Phoenix @ Dallas
Mon. 4/6/2009 11:30 AM L.A. Clippers @ L.A. Lakers
Fri. 4/10/2009 10:00 AM Philadelphia @ Chicago
Fri. 4/10/2009 12:30 PM Denver @ L.A. Lakers
Mon. 4/13/2009 8:00 AM New York @ Miami

Reply #222642 | Report this post

ben  
Years ago

this is really exciting news,
but i am pretty sure, for those of us with standard DVD HDD recorders, you will find the vast majority of these only have SD tuners built in, so while you can watch TEN HD through your HD television, you won't be able to record it, unless you have the top line HD DVD recorders (or TIVO or IQ2). I hope i am wrong though..

Reply #222656 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

OneSport will take all this sport and put it on one SD channel I think April was mentioned launch date, so recording will be possible than for you.

Reply #222689 | Report this post

Hoi  
Years ago

Buy a HD set top box and connect it directly to your SD DVD recorder if you don't want to go buy a proper HD recorder. That's what I'm doing.

That means the DVD recorder will record the HD channels in SD, but definitely far better than nothing.

So, so excited about the NBA on Channel 10, and made even better by the fact that they'll likely show a replay of the game at night. Saw Pistons v Cavs last night and while it wasn't that great a game, the quality (being HD) was very good.

Reply #224318 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:10 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754