TR
Years ago

Gerald Wallace taken to Hospital

After the awesome win by the Cats, it seems that Bynum's cheap shot on Crash has ended up in a nasty way.

Crash has been taken to hospital with what is believed to be fractured ribs and a possible collapsed lung.

I really like Bynum, but this foul is uncalled for....

Topic #18882 | Report this topic

Johnny_Sack  
Years ago

Catch 22 situation - either he's playing old skool defence (Laimbeer et al) or it's a cheap shot... I tend to agree with the latter... I am sure there was no malicious intent in it - it just turned out bad.

BUT

How about Diaw and Felton... both of them just missed out on Triple-Doubles...

Reply #223700 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'm still waiting for the first Bobcats triple double. I was soooo against the trade of J-Rich/Dudley for Diaw/Bell, but that trade has definately improve the club. On a 3 game win streak, along with being 6-4 in the last 10.

Reply #223702 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I don't think that there is much malice and that Bynum deliberately went out of his sway to injure Crash, just a sloppy and reckless foul...

Reply #223706 | Report this post

if kobe could play some d for once that wouldnt have happened

I dunno what Bynum was thinking, but that was an accident. and bynums not the kind of guy who goes out and does that kind of thing.

Reply #223709 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

That was cheap and reckless . He lunged towards a player who was in the air and took his eyes off of him to make it appear he didn't know what he was doing . A lazy foul and a dangerous one .

Reply #223734 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

One camera angle suggests that it was just a 7-footer being a bit clumsy, but the other angle looks like a real cheap hit. Given Wallace's history, as well as the nickname 'Crash', perhaps Wallace is not the nest at protecting himself either.

Reply #223737 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

That was a terrible play from Bynum - not happy cos Gerald is in my Fantasy Team too!

ELG, maybe Bynum IS the kind of guy that injures opposing players... he put Oden out early this season with a clumsy hard foul too.

Reply #223839 | Report this post

bobcats  
Years ago

What a win by the Bobcats!!! they really are on the improve! should make playoffs from here

Reply #223860 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:44 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754