Corey
Years ago

Preview: 36ers vs Breakers - Sat Feb 7, 2009

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=matchpreviewdisplay&id=77379

In this article by Jonathan Healy (Sportal), he has made no mention whatsoever of it being Brett Maher's official minor round home game (unless he revokes his decision to retire).

Surely this guy is an amateur....I know I'm biased but wouldn't you know if one of the all time greats is playing a match making up part of his "final chapter" in the league???

Amateur!

Topic #18963 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Never fear, we still have our one Semi Final Game and 2 grand Final Games :-)

Yes, that is very amateur.

Reply #224538 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

After last night's game, we MUST win this game to stave off the Taipans.
With 2 more games left, we must finish at least 15:15 to get into the 6.

I had the 'Gong game pencilled in as a W, but now being the ever last game for the Hawks, I am thinking the emotion of the night will get them over the line.

I am nervous that the Taipans have had a resurgence of late and could pip us at the post. Given the number of games they have left, it is possible.

Reply #224636 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Taipans do have a tough schedule to wrap up their season though. But if their opponents have positions wrapped up, they could rest players and make things easier for Cairns.

Reply #224640 | Report this post

SKUX01  
Years ago

36ers have a great chance to win this, with the way the Breakers are playing as of late

Reply #224783 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

2 danger games coming up and atleast 1 win needed to guarantee playoff. Which one will it be? NZ tonight who will be out to avenge their loss in Wollongong last night or Wollongong next week who last night beat the higher ranked NZ and are playing with heart to end an era in style.

Reply #225008 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:52 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754