Spongebob
Years ago

Div 2 Men has begun, ABL getting close

Now that the first week of Div 2 Men has been played, i thought there might have been a bit of talk or interest in the upcoming ABL season (still 5weeks away).

Just wondering what people's thoughts were on some teams/players/coaches etc. Personally I'm buzzing for the ABL season to begin, and for now Reserves will be as good as it gets.

Did many teams field strong teams or still easing their main players into it and giving the younger lads a run and a chance to prove themselves before it comes to knuckling down and choosing the main squad.

Keen to hear feedback from anyone who played, watched, coached, umpired etc in regards to how teams and players are looking for the 2009 season.

And of course what players have moved along elsewhere, that will benefit their new team...?

Topic #18981 | Report this topic

Spongebob  
Years ago

Sorry about the title stuff up. Obviously didn't proof read before posting.

Reply #224742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any New Recruits -
Heard Sturt have Holmes
Eastern have Hill
Southern have picked up an American Import

Reply #224751 | Report this post

??????  
Years ago

is tha tthe same american import they had last year. the boyfriend of Tracy B who was lucky to know which end of a basketball was up.

they have a so called american every year.

Reply #224768 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Is it Sean Houston?

Reply #224771 | Report this post

hangin round  
Years ago

"Houston we have a problem"

Reply #224786 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

I heard it's a bloke from Warrnambool...John Morris maybe? Don't know how they can have an import with the current salary cap. Each team is allowed a maximum of $10k for all their players. There is a minimum you need to pay a player which would easily exceed that.
plus having to pay guys like Lalic $150-$200 a game and I know Bungey wouldn't play for free!

Reply #224798 | Report this post

jonno  
Years ago

im no freak at basketball but i've met and played against sean houston and hes not a bad player and a top bloke.

Reply #227374 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:27 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754