Fezlington
Years ago

OneHD

Just looked at the guide on TenHD and i get a message...ONE HD coming soon

Anyone know the launch date??

Found this on a website of all the sport it will show

Looks like NBA .....3 times a week.....thats awesome!!

Some of the sports highlights that viewers can expect to enjoy on ONE include:
AFL  the 2009 NAB Cup, home and away season, and finals including the Grand Final returning to the
network in 2009
Netball  ANZ Championship Competition and all Test matches featuring the Australian Netball
Diamonds, exclusively for the next five years
Commonwealth Games  2010 Delhi Commonwealth Games
Cricket  Indian Premier League Cricket, the world's premier annual Twenty20 cricket competition
Formula 1  every round of the F1 World Championship
Moto GP  extensive coverage of every round of the World Championship
NASCAR  live coverage of the Daytona 500 and other major Sprint Cup races, live coverage of the
Nationwide Series, as well as Sprint Cup qualifying
Australian Rally Championship  exclusive coverage of every round
National Football League (NFL)  three games per week live, including the flagship Sunday and
Monday night games, as well as live coverage of play-offs and the Super Bowl
Major League Baseball (MLB)  five games per week live, including prime time coverage of play-offs and World Series National Basketball Association (NBA)  three games per week live
Golf  US Masters, US Open, World Golf Championships including the Accenture MatchPlay
Championship, the CA Championship, the Bridgestone Invitational and the World Cup, Australian PGA,
Ladies Masters, 2010 Ryder Cup, and 15 additional international and domestic events including the Johnnie Walker Classic, and the Asian tour's flagship event the Singapore Open and the tour's seasonending Volvo Masters of Asia.
U.S. College sports  American football and basketball
Tennis  ATP and WTA tennis, details to be confirmed, approximately 11 tournaments during 2009.
Swimming  Network Ten is delighted to announce that, from 2009, it is the exclusive broadcaster for
Swimming Australia. This includes coverage of the Australian Swimming Championships, Pan Pacific
Championships, Australian Short Course Championships, FINA World Short Course, Swimmer of the
Year  a minimum 109 hours per year for the next eight years.

Topic #19046 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

From - The Digital Spy

Network Ten has just announced that its new HD sports channel ONE will launch on Thursday March 26 at 7.30pm.

The first event screened will be the round one AFL match between Carlton and Richmond, featuring Cousins V Judd.

However viewers in Sydney and Brisbane won't get the game.

Network Ten's general manager  sport, David White, said the Network was excited to be launching ONE with such a jam-packed schedule of unique and high profile sporting events.

"We know our opening weekend will give viewers a sensational introduction to ONE, and mark the beginning of a lifetime's habit of essential sports viewing," Mr White said.

Reply #225529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But my question is will the NBA be live in Adelaide or will it only be live in the eastern states like it currently is on ten HD?

Reply #225530 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

I thought it was live regardless of ur state?

BTW....thanks Skip.....awesome....cant wait

Reply #225531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Full credit to TEN for doing this unlike the airheads at seven and nine who have several digital/HD channel and don't broadcast ANYTHING different. Don't they want extra ratings? Anyway good on ya TEN. Easily my most respected channel along with everyone else I should think.

Reply #225532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I thought it was live regardless of ur state?"

I hope that's the case with ONE HD Fezlington but at the moment with Ten HD the NBA is live in the eastern states, delayed everywhere else. I'm hoping its live everywhere when ONE comes in.

Des anyone know the actual launching date?

I wish the all star weekend was on ten but it doesn;'t appear to be in their schedule...

Reply #225533 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Super stuff. Watching this in high def with full surround sound is just unblvbl. One HD, you might've ended my marriage but I love you anyway.

Reply #225536 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

LOL Moses.

You might want to find a few minutes for the Mrs. here and there.

Perhaps during ad breaks?

Reply #225537 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I didn't see any boxing in that list of sports.

A slight disappointment, otherwise the rest is brilliant

Reply #225553 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

footy talk show too cant' wait.

Reply #225555 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Yeah, Ten are really grabbing hold of the new digital stations, they have done well. Not sure why the others are lagging so far behind.

Good news all round for the consumer, if they show some soccer too, there would be no need for Foxtel.

My girlfriend isn't happy, but I am stoked. Bring on more sport...

Reply #225578 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

I also found out yesterday...for those who do not have a HD TV you will still be able to tune into channel 12 and watch the games in standard def.

Everyone wins!!!

Reply #225612 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

I would only expect this sort of response from a sports orientated forum, from other forums I have seen lots of complaints that ten are getting rid of HD broadcasting of their normal shows ie NCIS, Dexter, Idol etc

Reply #225617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why don't ten have One HD aswell as TEN HD rather than instead of. ??

Reply #225663 | Report this post

Dazzler  
Years ago

Bluey - don't think that is true, according to the freeview website Ten will be running three separate channels - Ten, TenHD & OneHD

Reply #225665 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Sadly there is not enough bandwidth for 2 HD channels full time

Reply #225668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who is the guy on the television ad that says "my home course"? i can't work it out, can name every athlete but him, it's frustrating me. Any Help??

Reply #229014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adam Scott i think?

Reply #229017 | Report this post

TassyDevil  
Years ago

Howdy all, Ive just heard the news about this extra channel. I havent got HD, but ive been informed that channel 12 on the top box will find it. Ive done complete scans of all channels on my top box twice, but no onehd. does any1 know the frequency that this channel is using so i can do a manual search by frequency as 225500kHz is the frequency on my top box for channel 12, but there is no signal on that freq.
Any help............cheers

Reply #230075 | Report this post

bruno  
Years ago

i would like to know when do us country people get hd

Reply #230088 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:12 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754