HAHA
Years ago

BA and Spirit donations for bushfire victims

BA has donated $10k to the bushfire victims and the Spirit are foregoing their match payments against the Breakers to put towards the cause.

I'm not a cricket or AFL fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I was choked up to see players out there and interacting with victims yesterday- part of me wished basketballers would do the same.

Considering the financial issues Spirit have faced in recent months, I take my hat off to them for giving up their payments for their last game- if only the Tigers or Dragons etc would consider a gesture bigger than themselves, imagine how much more that would put in the coffers.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25044242-29277,00.html

Topic #19052 | Report this topic

Skin  
Years ago

This is pretty special really considering they are only on 50% wages. Hats off to them.

Reply #225641 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Big gesture from the Spirit.

Reply #225642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To be equalled by SA 'ball fans, in donating 100% of 45% of their wages for a week.

Reply #225648 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:55 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754