Jack Toft
Years ago

Game Night: Hawks last Hurrah!

The boys are in the 'Gong and playing in the last hurrah for the Hawks. Big night with jerseys getting retired, "they call me" Bruce out injured and potentially Brett's last game on the Australian continental mainland (NZ is an island - should we accept them as the 7th state?)

The game is a bit of a dead rubber with 6th spot cemented and the final against NZ on the 19th in the bag.

NBL says the Hawks will have one more win in them. I would tend to agree that the cards are stacked against us, but then again anything can happen.....

Topic #19062 | Report this topic

Danger Mouse  
Years ago

I had written the Sixers off for this game, but now it has no bearing on our finishing position, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled out a win.

Reply #225716 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

LOL, have some faith Danger Mouse.

The fairy tale is still alive. I am waiting for Brett's last shot in the NBL to be the winning three in the grand final (probably against the Tiggers now) (mark down an assist for the Grizz on that last play)

Reply #225723 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

does anyone have a link to the live scores? fiba's site sucks b@lls.

Reply #225777 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

its on the nbl site

Live Scores

Reply #225778 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

cheers kobe, fire fox "ad-block" blocks the image.i'm not a complete retard.

Reply #225779 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

turn it off? ha

Reply #225780 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

JoeyKnucles - in which way are you not complete?

Reply #225782 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

(apart from the missing "k" - sorry about that!

Reply #225783 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

RG- the keyboard warrior

Reply #225786 | Report this post

Hood85  
Years ago

36ers showing minimal heart again...delete this message if you want, but the coach needs to take a stand against these road performances... wouldve called a timeout at 9min mark when the hawks were up 12-3.

Reply #225787 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

3 mins to Kerstie in first half

Reply #225788 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

52 : 57 down at half - whats the crwd?

Reply #225789 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

4 fouls ON Lucas already - must have the lederhosen on again

Reply #225790 | Report this post

Hood85  
Years ago

Luke has got to get team MVP this season, most consistant dominating player in all key categories! When he is used properly, NBL defenses cant stop him.

Reply #225793 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Certainly looks like the Luke Schenscher show tonight thus far, 32 points on 12/15 from the field and 8/10 frmo the line, 12 baords and 3 assists for good measure. Shame we're losing, down by 6 with 5 mins to go. Mat Campbell's decided to go out with a bang, 18 shot attempts for his 23 points (including 6 threes), can't beleive he's still playing, he's a hardnosed workhorse personified.

Reply #225797 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Will he make the NBL 1st Team? After tonight, he should I reckon.

Reply #225798 | Report this post

justin  
Years ago

What's the bet Brad Hill is on Campbell?

Reply #225800 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Darn it- I was guning for a win against the Hawks.
Can't believe how many times we got within 3 or so and blew it out.

Reply #225801 | Report this post

lilleyton  
Years ago

yeh woeful 3 point shooting apart from brett.

way too many turnovers..

why play holmes so many minutes he is sheit to put it simply!? him, grizzard and davidson 3 t.o's in the last 2 minutes how can we win?

another loss on the road i could see it commin.

well done to the big read heads on the game

Reply #225802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It looks as though Schenser had a fantastic game. Grizzard's stat line is a joke - another pathetic game.

Reply #225803 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Luke is a gun. I say "Ranga Nation" is alive and well at the sixers

Reply #225804 | Report this post

Hood85  
Years ago

Luke just didnt give up. Missed 3 F/T's and just 3 FG's all night. SIMPLE when he gets the ball, we win. And to think when we lost by 10 ealrier in the year over there Luke only played 20minutes, love Ninnis to explain that brain explosion!!!!

I have very good faith that with some fine tuning though, the Breakers are in big trouble come Thursday, and i just hope they have a huge sellout to see it! Not because NZ will be out coached, far from it, but we have a very good balance from smalls to talls and when they click, its scary.

Reply #225806 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"Grizzard's stat line is a joke - another pathetic game."

Don't be too harsh he shot 50% better then Jacob did at 13% :P

Reply #225807 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Yeh top game from Schench ,alot of emotion behind the Hawks so a win was always goin to be tough.
Just dissapointed we have another infamous mark against the club.I thought teams only got there first win against us not the last!

Reply #225808 | Report this post

Hood85  
Years ago

But Kingjames, that just expected from jacob ;)

Reply #225809 | Report this post

Hood85  
Years ago

Does anyone think that perhaps (besides maher) there is a lack pride about playing for the Adelaide 36ers? Do these players need to be watching old game tapes, highlight shows of some of the greats who have showed pure emotion in performing for some of the most loyal fans around? Is it hammered into these players WHEN YOU PLAY FOR ADELAIDE ITS MORE THAN A JOB, ITS A PRIVILAGE?

Reply #225811 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

lack of pride, um schench certainly had some pride tonight nub

Reply #225812 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"Ranga Nation" is alive!!!

(sorry had to say it twice)

Reply #225815 | Report this post

ay jay  
Years ago

Very dissapointing result for the last game before finals.

First half we were 7/15 from 3pt range.
Second half we were 0/12 from 3pt range.

Says it all really.

If Grizz cant hit 3pointers he is not the man for us.
He hit 4/14 tonight only hitting 1/7 at 3pt range.

We probably would have been better off with Burdon in tonight.

Are we the poorest three point shooting side?

Reply #225819 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hood, when Luke gets the ball we win? Except for tonight right?

Reply #225820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it was the luke douchebag show, dirty player. and the softest 7 foot player ive ever seen.

Reply #225827 | Report this post

Hood85  
Years ago

Yeah when he gets its consistantly, the 'majority' of the time we win and ALL of the time we look better. He causes defenses foul trouble early on in games. No need to disect every word i say as though its gospel (alot worse comments are made on here), ofcourse loses are ineveitable, but him not getting the ball in such games as the NYE Balze game go along way to a season going one way or another.

Reply #225837 | Report this post

iwasthere  
Years ago

Tribute to Brett was a nice touch at the start of the game, court announcer said Brett was "one of the best players this country has ever seen."

Reply #225839 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Against the Blaze, you had a pissed-off Hodge causing a bit of trouble - surprise, surprise, his biggest competition for the ball doesn't see much of it. Also, Luke had five fouls and four turnovers. Not quite the Ninnis brain explosion you suggest?

Don't get me wrong, Luke's great and a friend through my brother, but there's no "get x the ball and wins roll in" holy grail. We've heard the same in the past WRT Ballinger and others too (maybe even Horvath). The game's too full of variables for something like that to work. Sometimes feeding Luke works brilliantly, sometimes he cops too much defensive pressure and its best to go to someone else.

FWIW, the results when Luke's attempted more than 15 FGs this year have been 1-3. When it's been more than 13 FGs, the record has been: 4-4. When he's attempted single-figures, it's something poor like 3-6. Suggests the best bet is something in between.

Reply #225847 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

In warm ups, Grizzard was throwing an avalanche of 3 pointers with most making it. In fact the whole team were shooting extremely well. It was looking very promising. They just can't translate it during the course of the game. They get into a position where they fall behind and then in desperation to catch up, make stupid careless passes resulting in fumbling and turning over the ball. Its a total lack of confidence which is not as evident in their home games. I've been to several away games in the last 2 seasons and they are really horrible games to watch.

Reply #225863 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Must be tough watching them away EC knowing how well they play at home.
36ers always gave it a shot on the road until recent times

Regular season away record
1994 to 98/99 41 wins 40 losses
99/01 to 03/04 32 wins 41 losses
04/05 to 08/09 23 wins 56 losses

Reply #225867 | Report this post

iwasthere  
Years ago

I second that EC.
I haven't been to a single away game this season that I thought the 36ers would win, I was most surprised when they pulled off the win against the Tigers on Dec 27, especially given that they lead the whole game.

Reply #225900 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

i must've been at a different game,

First, the D was less than average, the Hawks seemed to roll down the court and find an open player with ease, havent seen the %'s but im assuming they were hot for the Hawks.

I thought Luke had lots of the ball, but didnt use it anywhere near as well as he could have.

I actually felt Grizz semed to work at D..more than can be said for some others.

Im a Jacob fan...but he did very little.

To be honest, i think there was little passion or desire from the team..the term "dead rubber" summed it up for me.

Was talking to a Hawks fan at 1/2 time...felt sorry for them. 30 years..just gone! :( ..imagine it was the 36ers closing how you would feel.

That makes it 3 years since i last saw the 36ers win live..(sob)and probably the last time i will see BRETT play.

You are a champ and a legend BRETT, thanks for everything.

Reply #225906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think there's little to no inspiration coming from the coach. All he does is whinge..

Reply #225951 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:30 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754