DICKO
Years ago

Hoops Heckles

Come on....your best heckle. Or ones you've heard.

Basketball related only, eh? ....Let's not turn it into a cricket sledging thread (we had one of those).

Topic #19175 | Report this topic

DB5  
Years ago

Robin Ficker, the guy who used to sit behind Washington's bench heckling all opposition players.

When the Bulls would play there, he would sit there reading quotes from "The Jordan Rules", apperently MJ hated it, but a few of his team mates used to have a good laugh..

Charles Barkley even flew him to Phoenix and provided him tickets behind the Bulls bench in the '93 Finals, just to stir up MJ. From memory I think he lasted 1 quarter...lol.

Reply #227088 | Report this post

starsceam3030  
Years ago

mines simple but effective, kinda like on the simpsons when bart an lisa yelled 'darrryyylllll' at the softball game, i yell 'RUUUUUSSSSSEEEELLLLLL' at Russell Hinder. even though i think he's a funny bloke, he's one of those players you love to hate if he's not on your team

Reply #227090 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I think I scored a pisser at the Boxing Day game against the Blaze, but you be the judge.

I sat in the seat, in the corporate box, directly behind the Blaze bench.....oh, they could hear me.

Holding out a bag of Potato chips I said...

"Hiy..Peru....wuld you like chup, bro?"

He turned around, so I followed up with....

"Or is ut true and you guys only eat plenktun?"

Reply #227092 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

A couple of good ones from Ficker..

"A few weeks after Houston Rockets guard Vernon Maxwell ran into the stands to punch a fan in the face, Ficker sat behind Houston's bench sporting a catcher's mask.

Some people criticize Ficker's method of heckling, but he did his homework before going to the arena. He came prepared.

When Michael Jordan's gambling habits reached the public, Ficker sat behind the Bulls' bench holding oversized playing cards and dice."

I would have loved to sit near this guy at a game..

Reply #227094 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Remember late 90s, a big "missing link" looking import for Perth, steps up for freethrow in Adelaide, to shouts of "Hit this free throw i'll give you a banana" ..

The cries of "dad, dad, help me dad" everytime SOJ touched the ball were gold - really pissed him off ...

Reply #227097 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I asked Isaac Burton, just after he'd been indicted for match fixing in the US, whether he wanted 20 bucks on the final scoreline of a game (with about 2 minutes to go).

Reply #227098 | Report this post

curtley_ambrose  
Years ago

Every time goorjian's in town "Cro-at-ia, Cro-at-ia".

Reply #227100 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

last night I yelled thi to Joe Ingles:

"The only way you are going to the NBA is if you buy a ticket"

It's funny because it's true :)

Reply #227101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When Daniel Joyce stepped onto the court one game, a spectator yelled out "The Coach is sleeping with your mum!

Reply #227108 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

A simple 'MEEEELLLLVVVVINNN' chant got to Melvin Thomas big time. He lost the plot at us.

Reply #227113 | Report this post

Chickenboy  
Years ago

The best I've heard of came from a coach to a ref:

Coach "Can you give me a tech foul for what I'm thinking?"
Ref "Uhhh No"
Coach "Good, 'coz I think you're a f**king moron and you missed the last 3 calls"

Might be urban legend but pretty funny anyway.

Reply #227121 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"BAAAAAARRRRRRLOOOOOOOOW"

Great night.

"Hinder's a wanker! clap clap clap clap clap"

...funny 'cause it's true.

"TAXI! TAAAAXIIII!"

A guy sitting near me said that when Rhys Martin got the ball vs. Wollongong (car had been blown up the week before).

Reply #227122 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I heard someone yell out to Pero "Hey Pero you have some left over chicken on your 3rd chin!" A bit rough but some what amusing however I don't think the guy would say that to his face.

Reply #227125 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

SOJ heckle is classic.
Personally I'm not an Anstey fan so pretty much all sorts of things I shouldn't write have come to mind and been said courtside.
A friend in Brisbane last season made some shirts, magnets and keyrings etc for Ebi to support Ebi for MVP (still can't get my head around them being teammates now) but she compared their stats side by side, used the ugliest picture you could find of Anstey, gave Ebi a halo and Anstey horns, then offered him a shirt at the end when he, Lampley and Barlow came out to heckle the crowd at the end of the game.
The stuff she has for next season is just classic- one is another butt-ugly picture of Anstey and side by side a picture of Gargamel from the Smurfs (you have to see it to understand) with the caption "Seeparated at birth?"
Makes me chuckle just thinking about it! :)

Reply #227126 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I remember Pero Cameron dropping a pass at the Dome one night. I was not far behind the Blaze bench and yelled, "he wouldn't of dropped it if it was a Cream Bun".

Well, I liked it. Might be borrowed from cricket though

Reply #227144 | Report this post

Phizzer  
Years ago

Not a sledge, but funny anyway.

Car of college players driving into Canada. Immigration guys says "You all American?", to which driver replied, "No, but he's an All-State guard".

Reply #227168 | Report this post

ballerbands  
Years ago

I like the one from white men cant jump when he yells out after watching the other team miss a bunch of shots "lets just gather up all these bricks and make a shelter for the homeless" followed by " I want your mom and your sister out of my house immediately"

Reply #227174 | Report this post

Ball girl  
Years ago

"Go get another hot dog Butler" to a former NBL Umpire at the Powerhouse about 7 years ago.

Also sitting near some 6ers fans in Melbourne a few years ago after at the F1 watching our guys get hammered by the Tigers. The Cat had just done a big "elbow" fake to one of the Tigers players.

A Melbourne fan yells out "your yellow Cat" to which the 6ers fan turns around and says "Have a good look at your team mate, their all wearing yellow"

The tiger fan and his mates spend the next 3 qtrs reminding the poor bugger that he was wearing a Jordan F1 top which was, you guessed it, YELLOW.

I felt so sorry for him that night.

Reply #227199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember during one of his later years, Jason Williams was announced as checking into the game. From the very back of the stadium came a loud "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO", as commonly heard in movies before someone is shot in slow motion!

Reply #227239 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:04 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754