hangin round
Years ago

Southern Tigers at the Dome last night

Must have been a good game at the Dome last night with Tigers coming from behind to take the honours. I see that Joe got 26 points, so was a big bonus for Tigers. Is there any possibility that he may be able to play more than just 2 games this season?

Topic #19450 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No

Reply #230220 | Report this post

Southern were lucky to get away with the win last night. Boal did a great job on Cameron Wilson and Michael Florance owned Joshua Knight but the rest of their team are VERY suspect on D, Joe Ingles included.

Goodenough and Morris may be able to score but their players went for 22 a piece and were the only reason Woodville had a sniff after half time.

Joe not knowing the offences didnt help.

On a side note... Worst umpiring ever!!

Reply #230221 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

How many minutes did Ingles play?

Reply #230224 | Report this post

Southern who  
Years ago

John Morris will be tough when he gets used to the style of play. That is only his second game. The guy can flat out play

Reply #230227 | Report this post

Jc  
Years ago

Joe played 31:06 minutes.
More Southern supporters than Woodville at the game.

Reply #230229 | Report this post

John Who?  
Years ago

Southern Who is that you again John? Morris is a dud and stats are not improving. Will get a flogging against Sturt this week. Joe may get them over the line and if he doesn't have a big game Tigers are in trouble.

Reply #230233 | Report this post

HW  
Years ago

Morris can play, and I think hes stats have been pretty good. Tigers top 6 all contributed, Goodenough, Boal, Brown, Morris, Ingles and Florence. However the rest were average. Woodville were solid all round and should knock a few top teams of this year.

Reply #230240 | Report this post

Graeme_LeBroy  
Years ago

Ring in a dingaling..

you had 2 NBL referees on that game last night.
Are you sure it was the worst refereeing ever or are you not quite up to speed with the current rules and the way basketball is being played these days???

Reply #230245 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

B Fisk is a far better ref than those two.

Reply #230247 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

i reckon robbie is the best ref.... hilarious. he's got instincts for how the game is played

Reply #230250 | Report this post

Robbie understands the humanitarian aspect of the game

Reply #230251 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

robbie told me one time that "we werent rivals we were competitors" he also gave me a hot little tidbit of info, that if you go for a reverse layup the defenders "hand gets caught in the net most of the time" now i never get blocked..... robbie is the best

Reply #230252 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

he referee's the game the right way

Reply #230253 | Report this post

when robbie umpires theres no doubt in my mind i could average 60, 60 - 70 points a game

Reply #230254 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

andrew fil-ma-crotch was star struck.... he had stars in his eyes all night. superstar calls

Reply #230255 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Undersized Pf.. I'd be careful what you say there buddy.

You may just get what you asked for

Reply #230258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have to agree with dingaling
Very ordinary display of refing
But if it wasn't for them there would be no games
You always expect the odd mistake no one is perfect, plus it adds to the entertainment to heckle their mistakes, but when their poor decisions can change the outcome of the game it is a bit of a worry!!!!

Reply #230360 | Report this post

Big Bad Bob  
Years ago

Please people get a life there will always be mistakes made in a game. Players, coaches, bench and yes the ref's but before blaming others look how your team played. Regardless which team how many turn overs did you have, how many miss foul shots or lay ups did you have. It goes on and on, don't blame anyone but yourselves. Plus if you want to the influence of ref's out of the game simple score more points then the opposition!

Reply #230395 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:35 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754