The Journo
Years ago

ABL Men Round 4

Kiss of Death time again people.

Southern v Sturt
A big crowd will be at the Cage but the Sabres will spoil the party by winning by around 10. Expect Ninja and Jingles to get 30+ each.
Southern 91 Sturt 101

South v Norwood
With the Panthers struggling they are ready to be taken to the sword by the Flames but this will be closer than everyone thinks. Norwood by 7.
South 77 Norwood 84.

North v Eastern
0-2 at home, North will be primed to get back on track and unfortunately the Mavericks will cop it, but not that badly. The match up of Tom Rowe v Brad Hill will go a long way in how close Eastern get. Rockets by 15.
North 107 Eastern 92.

Central v West
With Ryan Kersten firing for the Bearcats, the 'retro duo' of Clarke and Todd will have their hands full. West should be too good and win by 25.
Central 90 West 115.

Woodville v Forestville
The Warriors have what it takes to create an upset and the league leading Eagles will have to watch themselves, but still should win by 9.
Woodville 89 Forestville 98.

Topic #19480 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about the 63 that Mattress got for Centrals in Div 2? The guy is on fire

Reply #230564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Believe Eastern men have just signed a BIG player

Reply #230568 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Did hear from Luke last week that Brad was trying to coax him out for a game with the Mavs - did he actually succeed?

Reply #230571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You may be on the money Isaac

Reply #230573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

will he play this week. any truth to this?

Reply #230575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Longley??

Reply #230576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully this week against North

Reply #230577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another great promotion for ABL basketball by another district club. Should get the fans out, can't wait to see the crowd numbers at the next Mavs home game.

Reply #230578 | Report this post

a  
Years ago

Why can he not play for Southern? I know he is actually a Noarlunga juniors but i thought he would have played for them.

Reply #230581 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

You are only allowed two restricted players, John Morris is one and Joe Ingles is another. No Go for Big Red! Was stated in the paper today that he may be looking at playing for Eastern for a couple of games before heading OS. I wonder what North think of this? You would have to feel sorry for a team who played against them at this point in time and then missed out on finals by one game for example. Woodville may feel the same way at the end of the year if they miss out on finals by one game!

Reply #230582 | Report this post

a  
Years ago

Woodville need not worry as they will thump Southern next time they play.

Reply #230584 | Report this post

jazz  
Years ago

Woodville, overrated IMO. May have scored an upset, but couldn't back it up. Go Southern, with ot without Jingles!

Reply #230593 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

If Schenscher is suiting for Eastern then that would get them over the line at Hillcrest.

Schenscher is on the website as a new registration so I gather he will be playing.

Reply #230596 | Report this post

in my face??  
Years ago

You would figure Southern would have dropped a ristricted player to keep Luke, You can have 50 restricted players, as long as you only dress 2 at a time. Drop John Morris for a game or 2 whatever Luke is around for, which wont be the whole season. John Morris still qualifies for finals Southern gets the use out of Luke and Joe and most importantly no one else gets the huge impact for a few weeks. This is a huge admin error on Southern's part

Reply #230600 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

And then you have Morris moping around for the remainder of the season, just so you could get Schensch in there for a cameo. Not such a big admin error, IMO.

Reply #230607 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Dropping one of your regular guys for Luke would also potentially damage morale within the team. imagine if they lose with him. The guy who gets dropped would be spewing

Reply #230610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could be a another surprise player, or two, up at eastern too soon. Not yet in adelaide

Reply #230627 | Report this post

WhatGoesAround  
Years ago

TheTruth - what will North think of Schensc?? I know North are down the sh*t right now but what goes around comes around - karma and all that.

Remember Paul ROgers?????

Reply #230645 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Yeah but from my memory didn't Paul play enough games to play finals? I'm pretty sure he played more than 2 games!

Reply #230649 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Is Eastern's game on Saturday? If so, can't see him playing as he has a prior engagement.

Reply #230660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope so, for an undersized North team's sake.

Reply #230670 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Rumour is it he is playing one game before he heads off, considering they start over in PR on the 17th which is before the next game seeing as there is the easter break, I would've thought he would be playing this week.

Reply #230675 | Report this post

nope  
Years ago

League rules dont allow a player to play unless they can qualify for finals.

Reply #230679 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

nope - why cant he qualify for the finals, we are 2 games into the season, there are plenty of games for him to play to qualify.

Your scenario only counts if a team decides to bring in Michael Jordan for the last game of the year to make the finals.

Well that is the way I understand it any way

Reply #230681 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

That makes more sense Bluey...

Reply #230695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saw the Bearcats/Lions mens game tonight. The Lions led by 14 at one stage but lost the plot to be beaten by 15.

Kersten got 32

Reply #230767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt took out Southern by 30

Reply #230768 | Report this post

basket case  
Years ago

CAn't have more than 2 restricted players in a season without injury waivers.

Reply #230777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great tipping there by the journo, picked the fville vs wville game to be 98 - 89 and the actual score was 98 - 90.... soooo close great job!!

Reply #230814 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:39 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754