Oden08
Years ago

LeBron looking after his FG%

Did anyone else wathc the Cavs vs Wizards today/tonight? Did you see LeBron decide not to launch a three quarter court shot at the end of the half? I've been thinking about this all night and the only (plausible) reason I can think of is that he was looking after his 3pt FG%! mean the guy wasn't that close to him that he couldn't have got off some sort of shot. But to not even attempt a shot?? Fair enough when the game is over but maybe if he had of made a miracle shot the Cavs might have won.

Don't get me wrong - I think LeBron is a gun (tho I can't stand his ego) and should be the MVP. But if he goes madly running around at the end of games trying to get garbage time rebounds to get his triple doubles then is it beyond him to not shoot a very low percentage shot just to save his FG% ??

Anyone else got any thoughts?

Topic #19490 | Report this topic

rotateonthis  
Years ago

peacock struttin GH muppet .

Reply #230741 | Report this post

did you watch the end of the game, when he started launching 3's from about 2 metres out in an attempt to save time and win the game?

obviously not

Reply #230746 | Report this post

nickyg  
Years ago

There should be some sort of stat rule that eliminates 'prayers' from stat sheets. Someone like Lebron should take them no matter what as it wont affect his pay packet but the fringe player who relies on his stats for his next pay packet should be considerated.
You have to always play like you wanna win. maybe they should mark these shots in a different colour.

I didn't see the game but Lebron certainly hasn't done much wrong this year & the Cavs should win the East. As far as mvps are concerned all the talk is on Lebron & Kobe - 7 rightly so. But someone who has caught my eye since the olympics is Dwayne Wade. He can flat out hoop.

If i had to start a side from scratch he would be my main man - maybe a future multiple mvp!!

Reply #230752 | Report this post

Jack  
Years ago

How can anyone critcise a great player such as Lebron. He is one of the greatest alredy of all time.
Jack

Reply #230761 | Report this post

"""""""  
Years ago

I don't think he is criticising him he is just pointing out that he is protecting his %

Reply #230770 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

And its not the first time he has done this.

Normally I have defended Lebron this season, but all he seems to be doing is waiting until after the buzzer then launching th shot. He still wants the ooh & aahs from the crowd if it drops, but doesn't want the FG% drop if he misses.

Against the Wizards, he wasn't playing hard, didn't drive to the rim much, little hustle, and it cost the Cavs the game.

Reply #230773 | Report this post

SKUX101  
Years ago

Alot of players don't shoot it, or some shoot it after the buzzer(just for fun i spose) and it doesn't go down as a shot. No biggy IMO

Reply #230795 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:20 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754