Ms Anonymous
Years ago

Slippery Shoes

My basketball shoes are relatively new, not cheap and already they are slipping all over the place. Would be nice if some of these stadiums cleaned the floors better, especially if they have school kids in during the day.

Apart from the usual methods during the game (water, spit, sweat), is there a more commercial way of making my shoes more grippy. I don't want to go buy another pair of shoes, just to find that they are just the same.

Topic #19500 | Report this topic

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I have found the same issue and wish the more were swept more. You can easily see plenty of dirt and crime visible on the court.

You rub after every play and you still can't wait.

It's great to see high participation levels, but for the safety of others playing on the courts later, they should sweep them more.

Thanks for bringing this up and you're not the only one.

Reply #230821 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

dirt and crime don't pay

Reply #230825 | Report this post

djrod  
Years ago

spray hair spray on the bottom of your shoes

Reply #230830 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cue guesses as to Champ's local stadium after 'crime' comment...

Reply #230841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wash the soles with warm soapy water regularly

Reply #230847 | Report this post

meg  
Years ago

Cue guesses as to Champ's local stadium after 'crime' comment...

Posted by Isaac a couple of hours ago

Midnight basketball in Woolloomooloo?

Reply #230860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

meg whats the relevance of the Woolloomooloo ball? i often stay in a place a street behind the single ball court there and see some folk playing.

Reply #230872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hairspray or some coke/soft drink on the floor, walk through it a little then wipe off the excess
works a treat

Reply #230935 | Report this post

K  
Years ago

St Clair FTW!

Reply #230967 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:07 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754