Isaac
Years ago

Boston @ Chicago, Apr 27 (spoilers)

Rajon Rondo, 25/11/11 triple-double in 55 minutes for +5, in a narrow 2OT loss.

Stephon Marbury, plays just five minutes and has a lovely -17 impact!

Actually, Rondo is averaging a triple-double for the series which is pretty impressive - 10+ rebounds a game for a 6'1" guard.

Topic #19670 | Report this topic

lethal5  
Years ago

Pierce, Allen, & Rondo scored 82 points between them. The bench combined for a total of 11 points in a 58 minute game. The Celtics need some impact from the bench if they are to win the series... Leon Powe is a pretty big loss with no KG there.

Hopefully they can get through this series, & The Big Ticket may be able to suit up for the next round. Does anyone know if he is any chance to play in the playoffs???

Reply #233023 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Boston doomed themselves the day they signed Marbury.

Reply #233037 | Report this post

lethal 5,

where is Ray Ray now buddy. Celtics are gone.

Reply #233038 | Report this post

sharpshooter  
Years ago

Rondo has been huge in this series.... Sad for the Celts that just about thier entire front line has gotten injured late in the season..... Was kinda looking forward to a Cavs / Celts east finals.

Reply #233044 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Stayed up all night to watch the game. That hurts when your team plays like crap and still should have won the game!

Rondo was the best player on the floor once again. Perk was really good until late in the game when I think fatigue got to him and he started racking up stupid fouls and TOs.

Pierce once again looked like he is struggling physically. KG and all the other injuries, along with no realistic backup SF this season, means he is absolutely knackered. I wonder how ownership/ Ainge are feeling about not resigning Posey now? Pretty clearly a mistake personnel wise, but I guess its not me that would be paying millions of luxury tax for 4 years for a 30 something journeyman!

I was disappointed that, after game 3, very few plays were run for Ray Allen in this game. He was clearly the most 'on' Celtic in this game, but he got most of his shots on random plays.

Late in the game Celtics were going to the old pick and roll at the top of the key to force the switch of a guard onto Pierce. Generally very successful during the season, Chicago is the one team not to use it against. Kirk Hinrich has repeatedly done a good job on a very tired Pierce from this position. Time to make an adjustment and get Allen the ball for the end game.

The biggest theme in all this for the Celtics? FATIGUE. It looks like Doc has finally given up on Mikki Moore, who still can't hold position for a rebound, block shots or avoid stupid fouls. So with Powe done as well, the Celtics big man rotation is Perkins, Baby and Scalabrine!

Combine big man fatigue with Pierce fatigue late in games and you get what happened this morning - the Celtics throwing away a game they would normally have won.

Reply #233062 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Great series though, isn't that 2 OT's in 4 games?

Reply #233082 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The Bull's Gordon has a confirmed hamstring strain and is in some doubt for the next game...

ESPN: http://linky.com.au/xgn9v

Reply #233147 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:32 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754