Humpa
Years ago

Port >>> Crows

hm?

how good was Matt Thomas.

Topic #19738 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #233747 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Was a great game! And im not just saying that because i am a Port fan! It was great to see 2 teams go hard at the ball for 4 whole quaters!

Reply #233748 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Now that there is no 36ers you are all football experts? stick to basketball

Reply #233750 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

MW, don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Reply #233752 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Power had better cherish the win they might not see many more

There is only one number better than 119 and that is 5,000,000

lol

Reply #233757 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Good one, bluey! Clutching at straws with your bitterness.

Reply #233789 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

Wow this has been a suprisingly quiet thread. Where are all the crows supporters now? It's all big and tough to bag us port supporters before the game and when we lose but now...ahhh the sweet sweet sound of half of adelaide crying.

Reply #233796 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

KJ - Thanks for the compliment, I am not bitter at all, Crows played shite and lost and the only time I let sport make me bitter is when I have to drink VB.

B-Easy - it ain't half of Adelaide crying, if we were crying it would be 80%

Reply #233797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the notion that 50% of fans in South Australia are Port supporters is crap :)

Reply #233799 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

"Power had better cherish the win they might not see many more"

???

14 > 12

Reply #233801 | Report this post

B-Easy  
Years ago

"Crows played shite and lost "

also Port played well!

cmon i know your a crows fan and everyone is supposed to hate port and all but to not even acknowledge ports good play is almost as naive as the Crow-vertiser writers...

not even 80% of people in SA follow the football so i would have 50% would be a generous enough number.

All you crows fans can sit back and talk up your "19th man" all you like, i mean a large membership is getting you such good results this year and all :P

Reply #233806 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Neil Craig's gameplan is very questionable .
Way too much unnecessary handball that adds continuos pressure to players that are not overly skillful in the first place .

If you want to play that flowing game you need to create and use space ( think geelong ) and use a slight changeup of pace and tactics . They take a good mark and then instantaneously handball backwards to a stationary guy who in turn handballs to another under pressure and then pump it long to a contest . Hey Craigy , the other coaches have got it sussed mate . You can't play as if you are doin circle work .

It is as if they are trying for this beautifully perfect end to end play every time , not gonna happen cheech .

Their relentless chasing is not always beneficial as it renders them buggered in too many phases of the match and they get killed on the rebound . The amount of easy over the top goals they concede is crazy . I announce Neil Craig " The Grinder " .

Our mid tier guys just aren't as good as hoped .

Brent Reilly is soft as squished shit and his disposal under pressure is average . He was touted as a champion , hmmm , not even f....n close .

Van Berlo is a quality runner but again lacks the class and strength to impose himself . Can live with him but again no champion .

Chris Knights , Injured and lets hope he stays that way .
" The Butcher " is probably the worst disposer or decision maker seen since Simon Tregenza last laced em up . There is a reason opposition coaches allow him 30 touches , they know they will get at least 8 directly back in their hands .

Doughty , workmanlike but once more a very average decision maker . Far too many times he puts the next in line under duress with thoughtless disposals .

Douglas , tries hard but how many other teams would he get a game for . Poor ratio when kicking for goal from both set and in play shots . Not acceptable for a small forward .

Thompson , good player but inconsistent and irrational. Does some stupid s..t on the field but way ahead of the above .

The good part is the younger brigade in Vince , Otten , Mackay , Dangerfield and Petrenko seem alot more composed with the ball and Talls Tippet , Maric and Walker give hope .

Be interesting to see how the next 3-4 years pan out . Will Neil Craig keep persisting with this style or scientifically tweak till it seems right . Only stubborness will tell .

Rant over .

Reply #233812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crows are a very young squad still learning, we'll get over it.

Reply #233823 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

Hartlett, Boak, Pearce, Westhoff, Krakouer, Gray are youngsters that would obliterate the Cows youth.

Reply #233825 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Congratulations cows fans...once again you try to derail the discussion from who are the showdown winners and who is the better team (unquestionably PORT ADELAIDE)...and turn it into a discussion about how many fans you have..JOKE!

But hey good on you for supporting such a popular team... must be great to be part of the sheep..oops crowd, and when they give out premierships for biggest bunch of wagon jumpers and part-timers...im sure you'll be right at the top.

PORT POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Reply #233889 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

Humpa - not sure if you have heard the reason you had better cherish the win is your team can't make money.

B-Easy - I didn't say Port played shite and won, I support the crows and mainly watch what they are doing and what they didn't wasn't good and not always caused by Port - it often was but at the same time their decision making and disposal was poor

me - I didn't turn it in to a debate about how many supporters either team had, I was just correcting the fact that only 50% of SA barrack for Crows. I don't support a popular team, I support the team I always have, I grew up hating Port (amongst others) so that continues.

As for bandwagon supports everyone has them - hell Kevin Rudd won the last election yet no one owns up to voting for him either

It is always interesting Powder can get up for Showdown yet struggle against easier opposition

Reply #233907 | Report this post

nounsa  
Years ago

crows almost gave up a game to melbourne... MELBOURNE. whom we beat by 50 points. so far the crows r 0-4 at home this year? they will be a bottom 8 team and will struggle to move up the ladder in the following years if they continue to play the same stagnant, stop start "possession football" that Craig has them playing. look at what Rocket has been able to do with the Doggies! playing that run and carry style of football. i was at the grand final where we lost by that awful 119 point margin... watching Geelong move through the midfield was mind blowing. they travelled in packs moving the ball by hand and foot so smoothly. rarely EVER looking backwards. u cannot defend ur way to a win. and with no prominant forwards to speak of... the crows r in alot of trouble. Hentchel is a lost cause. ur only hope is the Birdman (top bloke btw) coming back and providing a target. other than that... honestly... U STUFFED!

Reply #233923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"rotateonthis" wat a huge comment! F!*$ u should work for the advertiser! a write up on 5 players! mate this is a response room not a newspaper!

Reply #279664 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:02 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754