hahahahaha
Years ago

NH: Crows should sack Neil Craig

Crows should sack Neil Craig he is f....en useless

Topic #19826 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not useless, simply overcoaches like some of our state basketball team coaches. Players are afraid to take risks and play with flair because it doesn't fit the 1001 plans.

Reply #234803 | Report this post

Sam Kekovich  
Years ago

Steady up there mate. Sounds to me that someone's a little bit dirty that they lost some money at SportBet.

I think you might be forgetting that Neil Craig isn't the one playing out on the field, and that he also has the best winning % in the league for his careering in coaching. Now winning % does count ofr anything if you can't win it all, but honestly, who would replace him? ........ There's no one.

Some of the old player (ie. andy mcleod) need to stand up as teh are having a pretty average year.

Reply #234804 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Tactically inept and by far the most frustrating team to watch . They are going backwards and will continue to do so unless they surround " Sir Stubborn " with some free thinkers instead of yes men . systematic , scientific , stubborn , stupid.

Kris Massie on Buddy in the final we lost a couple of years ago says it all . BF kicked 7 and the match winner and Craigy persisted 85 % of the game with it . The 15 % he wasn't on him , franenkstick did nada .

Why ? because Massie kept him quiet earlier on in the season at AAMI in the freezing cold wet in a game the crows dominated. He should have said ok , farkin ripper we dodged one there boys but no he says lets do it again all game in a cut throat final at the spacious MCG on a dry day in an environment that coco franklin was built for and he lays 7 big eggs on the ill equipped Lassie .

WCE final to get to the GF the year earlier he Was 30 mins behind the crowd in making changes all game , cost us .

Slow , Stubborn , shitty game day coach , he is no Malcom Blight .

Reply #234862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

neil craig is a tactically brilliant man. He has shown this on countless ocassions but unfortunately the crowd talent is a little short handed.

Neil matchday coaching leaves a little to be desired, however he has seen some good success through tactics and player development.

Reply #234867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he may be good with tactics, however, the skill level of the crows is absolutely atrocious. i think under 8s would have same skill level as them at the moment. that is what is letting them down. very very frustrating to watch.

Reply #234871 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

I really like NC as a guy, at least the way he comes across in interviews. Always refreshing to hear someone who doesn't give standard sporting platitudes as a response.

As far as his coaching ability goes, I think he's an ideal number-two guy, currently in a number-one spot. He's probably the best assistant coach/tactical thinker in the game, but he needs to take a back-seat to someone else in a coaching hierarchy to get the best out of him, IMO.

Reply #234874 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

To the OP, a bit more useful than "f'en useless" might be to explain why you think he should be sacked and who you think would make a good replacement.

Reply #234888 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Funnily enough, He was god a few years ago when the crows were smashing sides. Just think they are having a rebuilding year, they just don't have the depth and experience to be consistant. Yes their game is boring, etc. But so is the AFL this year.

Reply #234903 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

I preferred this thread when it was called "Neil Criag". It's lost the mystique...

Reply #234909 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:13 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754