Meaks
Years ago

St. Marys Mens Basketball to tour Australia

Not sure if you guys are aware by St. Marys Mens Basketball will be touring Australia August 8-18... Info from my buddy who is an assistant coach.. Locations and teams they are playing against are yet to be advised... Maybe a good one for a trip interstate to catch a look....

Topic #20052 | Report this topic

ritz  
Years ago

From what I have seen on ESPN they are a really competitive team + have close to half a dozen aussies on their roster.
Would like to see these at the dome...

Reply #237966 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Great news if it pans out.

The Aussies on the team are:

Ben Allen - Senior - VIC - AIS
Clint Steindl - Sophomore - QLD - AIS
Matt Dellavedova - Freshman - VIC - AIS
Jordan Page - Freshman - QLD - AIS
Mitch Young - Freshman - QLD - AIS

And of course Patty Mills if he pulls out of the draft - however unlikely that is.

Reply #237969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

st marys vs fville eagles wud be a decent game

Reply #237972 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Forrestville would get caned.

Reply #237990 | Report this post

ADCB  
Years ago

This team would struggle in any decent conference... look at who they have been playing against! Good team in a shit league

Reply #237991 | Report this post

Pengee  
Years ago

I would think all the Oz guys would be a little disappointed.

Many colleges do an overseas tour approx every four years, europe, asia, south america, some have also toured africa.

They get to come home for two weeks.

Reply #237993 | Report this post

NBL in Hong Kong  
Years ago

Anyone got a link for this story???

Reply #238002 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I'd like to see them at the Dome too. SOS, can you make it happen? Probably not enough time to organise since as far as I know a lease hasn't even been signed on the Dome yet. Maybe Pasadena stadium like they did for Sixers pre-season?

Reply #238008 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Cannot see them coming to Adelaide. More than likely only play against the teams in the Eastern states.

Reply #238022 | Report this post

Meaks  
Years ago

No link to this story guys as i said i got the info from a mate i played with in the US who is now an assistant at St. Marys... He is going to get me the details as soon as they are confirmed so i will put it up on here ASAP.....

Reply #238144 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

isn't the assistant there an Aussie if I remembered right?

Reply #238149 | Report this post

Meaks  
Years ago

Yes their first assistant is an Aussie from the AIS i think.... My buddy is one of the other Assistants in the program.... No doubt they will spend time at the AIS, Sydney and Melbourne....

Reply #238158 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The Australian assistant coach you are referring to is David Patrick.

Reply #238159 | Report this post

chappo  
Years ago

Is there any more word on whether this is true about St MAry's cmon to oz

Reply #239954 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:32 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754