ESP
Years ago

Contempt for Lebron

This topic was well covered in the Cavs v Magic game 6 thread but I found another good article, it's by Adrian Wojnarowski (who's articles i noramlly won't read) but he makes some valid observations, particularly in relation to the Cavs unprofessional approach during the season.

I have always thought Lebron has had a poor attitude, so personally I'm enjoying the fact that he has shown his true colours for all to see.

Full Article

(Mod: Added link.)

Topic #20060 | Report this topic

playtime  
Years ago

the King simply cares so much about winning - that's all that matters to the King that he was so shook with emotion and frustration - that he had to leave.
You would leave too if there was a disaster happening in your life !! ... the problem with the King is he cares too MUCH

Reply #238029 | Report this post

Black Dracula  
Years ago

"You know me, he told the reporters in Cleveland on Sunday. I'm a competitor. "If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them," James said. "It doesn't make sense for me to go over and shake somebody's hand.""

You didn't get beaten up you tit, your team was beaten by another team. If you can't shake a man's hand after they beat you fair and square, you shouldn't bother playing.

Reply #238038 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

who are we to question the King's motives or behaviour. The King is at a different level to mere mortals and the King under enormous pressure to fulfill his important destiny

Reply #238039 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ESP, when you use Linky, follow the instructions specifically or let me know what's going wrong.

The process is:

- write your post
- paste a link into the Linky box
- submit the Linky with the GO button to get back the link code
- click in the box to select that and Ctrl-C to copy it
- then click back into your post where you wanted the link, and Ctrl-V to paste it in there

Reply #238045 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Isaac, you know what time it is!!!!

(How predictable am I)

Reply #238059 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Isaac, you know what time it is!!!!

(How predictable am I)

Reply #238062 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Perhaps an opportunity for some sort of party?

Reply #238063 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Thanks ESP, another great article about the "King". Just a shame he won't, or can't read it.

Reply #238073 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

As usual, there are always 2 sides to every 'story'.

Here'a a link to much more reputable sports journalist, and his article on LBJ, Game 6 and the entire season.

http://linky.com.au/qv3xg

There is too much love in the game these days anyway.

Jerry West was spot on with his assessment of LBJ - without him the Cavs would be lucky to win 30 games.

Reply #238079 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

Shin Splints, the general vibe of that article is the same, he is also saying Lebron should pull his head in.

Reply #238081 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

do you shake someone's hand after they do a sick dunk on your head !! I never once had someone say thanks n lets shake hands after I dunk on them .. more shocked then anything. Is the same thing .. when the King left the building

Reply #238085 | Report this post

BigNasty  
Years ago

Playtime, I would be shocked if you dunked on me too!

Reply #238086 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

ESP,
Not quite.

The first article by Wojnarowski attacks Lebron's attitude and credibilty as a sportsman. Labels such as 'self asborbed', 'immature brat'.

The article from Broussard at ESPN almost defends his actions by stating that he is the most accessible superstar before and after every game, a guy so focused on winning he has elevated all those around him.

Reply #238090 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

shin splints, I can't really see where Broussard defends his actions. More than anything, it just highlights that LeBron got a case of the sooks when things didn't go his way and went home.

And it probably proves Wojnarowski right - he IS that team, and the only reason they went as far as they did, so who could have the guts to tell him off? He can pretty much do what he wants.

Reply #238112 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

if you even had the guts ta tell the King that in his face - y'all would be in a world of hurt - even Superman wouldn't dare go and would loose against the King

Reply #238115 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I didn't think the article defended or criticized the actions of Lebron's post Game 6 behaviour. It is a reflective piece on the Cavs season and touches on issues raised many times in this forum since that game.

Reply #238137 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Should change this thread title to "contempt for Playtime".

Reply #238150 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

"He felt so awful that he not only walked off the court without congratulating the Magic but also left Amway Arena without speaking with the media.

James, unlike many other All-Stars, speaks to reporters before nearly every regular-season and playoff game and is easily the most accessible superstar in the league. But Saturday, after dressing quickly, he threw on his headphones, left the locker room and walked straight to the Cavaliers' bus without saying a word to anyone.

Reserve guard Daniel Gibson said James told his teammates in the locker room after the game, "Don't hold your heads down. We gave it our best shot, and they won."

James played like a beast for 6 games, carried a Cavs team further than where it really should have gone, but came up agonisingly short in the Conf Finals. Just because he didn't show some fake love after the game to the Magic does not suggest that he is 'a self-absorbed, immature brat'. Broussard in his article provides a better perspective of James' character, and in no way does he criticise James for walking out of the areana without speaking to anyone except his team. He would not have mentioned the fact that James is always available to the media before and after games if it was not in someway to defend his actions post Game 6.

I feel myself defending James - I agree he is not without faults, but I feel that he is attacked too often - here is a guy that works on his game all year round, gets his team mates involved in the game, is not a selfish player, works on parts of his game each off season, including becoming a good defender and outside shooter, does not get into trouble with the law, respects every coach he has had etc. Arrogant? Yes, but good for the game? Yes.

Reply #238152 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

It's the "I don't shake hands because I'm a winner" bit he's selling to the media that irks me.

You lost.

However you try and sell it, Dwight Howard and the Orlando Magic (aka the winners) deserve more respect than James offered them.

When Michael Jordan shook hands after his play off losses, it in no way diminished the perception that he wanted to win - it just re-enforced the class the man possessed.

It's a shame though as I like LeBron. Still - it's not that big of a deal.

Reply #238153 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Exactly, Loco.

shins - no one's saying LeBron isn't "good for the game" (or if they are, they don't know what they're talking about). Of course he's great for the game - crazy skills, amazing athlete, etc. But IMO, that's no excuse for his weaselish remarks re. "I'm a winner, ergo I don't shake people's hands." It doesn't even make any sense! He should have just said "hey, sorry, I was angry and frustrated, and acted like a jerk in storming off after the game with my mummy."

re. playtime, I'm personally happy for the banhammer to drop any time now...

Reply #238156 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Basically he's a spoilt brat! Every player knows that you shake hands with the opposition after the game/match. Even Mo Williams in that article compared him to a little kid not getting his remote control car for Christmas!
To say ""If somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them,"...i'm sorry LeBron but you obviously don't watch much boxing do you??? The amount of insults and shit talk that goes on pre fight and yet the try and knock the living shit out of each other and still once the better man wins they hug it out and the loser congratulates the winner. That's what sportsmanship is about!

Reply #238157 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

Well it seems that the commish agrees with you lot.

http://linky.com.au/w290u

There is no doubt his actions were wrong, but all I am trying to argue is that don't judge James on the one incident, when overall he represents the NBA in a positive way.

Reply #238257 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

http://linky.com.au/lza6n

Sorry try this link for above post.

Reply #238258 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

And for a final word on Lebron, if anyone (except for me) is still following this thread:

http://linky.com.au/ipb5x

"Well, call me a contrarian because I don't have a problem with the way LeBron handled the situation. In fact, I thought it was rather intelligent given the circumstances."

"Taking a day to calm down and gather your thoughts, that's a sign of maturity."

"And so I'm also glad that LeBron didn't apologize for walking off the way that he did, but rather gave us an honest look into what being competitive means to him. After a day to cool off, he said his piece."

Reply #238362 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

Didn't read it when I saw it was by LZ, because I never agree with anything he says. He's a contrarian-for-the-sake-of-it bona fide idiot, seriously. I mean, look at his archive - a few articles down, he has a piece defending the woman who duped Dirk. Uhhh... no. I suppose that's utterly ad hominem of me, but oh well.

Still, what better sports-gossip headline than "Back off LeBron" right at the moment to get him some page hits. So he's just doing his job I guess.

Reply #238385 | Report this post

playtime  
Years ago

the King already fined a hefty $25,000 - what else do ya want? - the fine is unwarranted as the King was only too emotional about the loss - so the King pays the price for doing nothin wrong

Reply #238700 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

For posterity, I will note here that the announcement about LeBron's fine was made days after the preceding comments in this thread.

Reply #238709 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:04 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754