charlie
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers signed sealed and delivered

Just in ... all paper work for the sixers has gone through SOS are the new owners.

Oh yes and we have Balls.

Now its our turn to show our support by buying season tickets

Topic #20099 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

That's the best news that I've ever heard.

Reply #238604 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

AWESOME!! double good news!! cant wait for the new season!! go sixers!!

Reply #238606 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

Great news. I could feel a whole lot better it Rillie was here.
Heard a few say they'd be back, if he was.

Reply #238607 | Report this post

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

So should last years season ticket holders expect letter sin the next week for ticket renewals?

Reply #238608 | Report this post

Brad  
Years ago

This has been up and down for weeks I will believe it when it's released, what makes you so sure it's happened I heard Mal still had issues.

Reply #238609 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

I'm sure getting ticket renewals will be a high priority but I don't know how much office staff the have in place yet so it might take them a little bit longer than a week

Reply #238610 | Report this post

Brad  
Years ago

So how is it you no they have signed but don't no anything else you go from being an expert to being unsure, don't get our hopes up for nothing.

Reply #238611 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

When I was told the license and lease had been signed asking about the office staff wasn't one of my first questions....sorry

Reply #238612 | Report this post

Brad  
Years ago

So if it only happened today who are you to be told before it is announced, if I was told I would have a million questions?

Reply #238613 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

Sometimes in this world it's not what you know but who you know. The phone call was very short and just told me it had all gone through

Reply #238614 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

great news they will have my money as soon as they send out the paperwork regardless of the team.

Reply #238615 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Good news! We can finally relax a bit knowing that SOS has the licence. Even better news if they have managed to sign Balls at the same time. Please SOS take a shot at changing Khazzouh's mind about going to Europe! THAT would be an amazing coup if we could get someone like him. Or maybe we can nick Ben Knight if he is not signed yet?

Reply #238617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brad: The Advertiser this morning said it will be announced today.

Reply #238621 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Hopefully this whole saga will be over soon.

It has been an interesting couple of years in the Sixers history eh?

Reply #238626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"if I was told I would have a million questions?"

and that's why you weren't told!

Reply #238627 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Very interesting couple a years.
Would love Khazzouh here with Adrien Sturt.

Reply #238631 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Huge news I was concerned the way dragging on that SOS Group would tell mal& pal to stick it.
Great work guys and a huge thanks from me and my group and all of SA .
If Balls signed well done . Keep the money tight so can spend big on Kazzouh or Knight and 1 very good import with 1 cheap import poss. playing in Aust.now and build team around. Bruce -Hill - Holmes resigned at right price and poss. Ng and JR with a young big man who hasnt been signed up yet.
Like the owners we want players to play for us for the right reasons

Reply #238639 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

That looks pretty good - JR and Ng. Khazzouh or Knight. Import - Donta Smith, and young big man = Sturt.

Reply #238641 | Report this post

NVS  
Years ago

As an aside.....why hasnt there been any basketball articles on The Advertiser website for the last few days? I am currently interstate and was keen to read what fantastic (?) insights Boti had in his usual Thursday one page article or even in todays paper regarding the finalisation of the sale but there is nothing.

Reply #238644 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I noticed nothing there since 1st June.
Wonder whether due to Boti on with KG and Smyth internet show on Thursday, re ' future of 36ers ' whether he gave them first go at it.

Reply #238645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

do they audio podcast yet?

Reply #238688 | Report this post

NVS  
Years ago

I notice the latest article on the Advertiser website is written by Zac Millbank.
Dont tell me Boti has gone on leave during such a newsworthy time :)

Reply #238701 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Looks like Boti must be on leave this week.
You can audio podcast KG and Smyth a few days later.
So other than Zac Milbank article , today...that's all we have.. Nothing without hoops sa.

Reply #238708 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Advertiser mentioned Sixers talking to Matt Burston who now is showing some of the talent always had.
We could do a lot worse if could not get Kazzouh or Knight but would require a good back up big man.
Lewis gave positive talk ti tiser that we are out there talking to players etc. Which is encouraging. Surely there must be some rumours who we are interested in and who is priority signings from last years team.

Reply #238713 | Report this post

Dog 24  
Years ago

Boti probably is in Melbourne for the long weekend.

Reply #238735 | Report this post

hangin round  
Years ago

Boti went to Melbourne early, so all reports are quarantined for 7 days.
Should be OK by next Thursday's regular column.

Reply #238752 | Report this post

kriss  
Years ago

heard Ninnis say on radio that they will be looking at acquiring Matt Bursdon...is the Aussie talent that low at them moment...

Reply #238769 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

cant say i'm a fan but he did do better last year and i think there are many options at the 5.

Reply #238810 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Such as?

Reply #238811 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Looked to be about 5,000 at the Dome today for Thunder Birds netball game, due to a deal involving Port Power playing at AAMI, tonight, and AFL ladies round.

Not sure how that transpires into 36ers doing something with Crows and/or AFL. Just a thought.
Guess we play in Summer, but still might be something in it , someway ?
( Winter seems to be mentioned by Sengstock a lot )

Reply #238827 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:03 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754