Anonymous
Years ago

*Rumour*- Lakers To Draft Mills If Available

I've heard that if Patty Mills is still available at the 30th pick, the Lakers will draft him. Great news if true, as it means he's a certain first round draft pick.

Topic #20240 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

How could u possibly know that!?

Reply #240511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't KNOW it, but that's what people have been saying...

Reply #240513 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

do the Lakers really need a PG?

Reply #240515 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

uhh...I been saying this all along but people just seem to be in disbelief.

Reply #240520 | Report this post

hayden skipworth  
Years ago

mills going to lakers would be good for australian basketball given the profile of the team etc.

however i think portland will take him at 24. i know its early but some people have him as high as 17.

having said that i think lakers will take jingles at pick 59.

my top 10 is:
griffin
thabeet
rubio
harden
evans
hill
holiday
jennings
curry
Flynn

Whatd everyone elses top 10??

Reply #240521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey 'LA Boy', where did you hear it from?

Reply #240524 | Report this post

Fox 35  
Years ago

LA has the 29th pick, so far only the FoxSports.com mock draft has Mills in the top 30, and few others have Ingles on the board all together.

Reply #240527 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

It was touted a while ago in a projected draft on 1 site that the lakers may be interested in Mills at #30 that is all .
I am sure like most teams in that range they will look at him .

Whilst it is not a super draft it does have a deep pool of PG's held in similar regard so anyones guess is just that .
I would go little high on Patty as he has shown that he rises to the level competition he is up against and has great inner fire and drive .

His first step , leg power and change of pace is still improving as is his long ball .
He will need to work on hesitation moves , pull up floaters , runners and other creative finishes but he will be good . Maybe go back and watch some old Kevin Johnson tape from his glory days .

Barring injury he should have an extended NBA career .

Reply #240530 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

heard that from Lakers scout 2 weeks ago, they asked my opinion on Mills. However, heard yesterday Phil had a chance to look at some of Mills' tape and not really high on him; "lack of control during penetration, but would fit the triangle as a shooting pg". I think what it'll come down to whether Lakers would pick him up or not would be what's available at the time.

Reply #240536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no way any of you could know what 'might' happen with any players entering the draft. Its strictly between players agents and team managers. Seriously.

Reply #240539 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You're wrong - everyone would know what might happen, but not exactly what will happen. I do put more than the default stock in what LA Boy says here though on this sort of topic.

Reply #240545 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

tbh i dont think the Lakers will be good for Mills development.

They've got one of the best PG roatations in the league, Fisher to Farmer to Brown with even Vujacic playing at the 1 there.

He'll be spending most of his days in the D-League.

Reply #240554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plus Sun Yue, and even Kobe for a bit...

Reply #240555 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Fisher/Farmer/Brown one of the best PG rotations? Really?

Reply #240563 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

yes.

watch more nba basketball kthx.

Reply #240567 | Report this post

ff  
Years ago

humpa ur a dead set joke. Im a Lakers fan but fisher/farmer/brown is no where near one of the best rotations.

watch more basketball kthx

Reply #240568 | Report this post

NYBoy  
Years ago

Mills will go to Wolves at #28. U JUST WATCH

Reply #240569 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

u mean the same PG rotation that consistently hit 3pt daggeres, shutdown Chauncey Billups, Alston/Nelson, and made Deron Williams average 4 TOs a game with inefficient scoring?

Reply #240580 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Don't forget Odom at the point forward position too for the Lakers... Mills to LA would see him end up in Europe or the D League. Not ideal.

Humpa no way do LA have one of the best pg rotations... that's crazy talk.

Reply #240734 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Humpa - couple of questions:

How many minutes did Shannon Brown play in the finals?
How many points did Vujacic score in the finals?

Reply #240735 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:15 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754