TR
Years ago

Washington and Wolves do a deal

The Washington Wizards have agreed in principle to acquire Minnesota Timberwolves guards Randy Foye and Mike Miller for Etan Thomas, Oleksiy Pecherov and Darius Songaila and the fifth pick in Thursday's NBA draft.

Topic #20274 | Report this topic

Skin  
Years ago

They must really want someone

Reply #240969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd be extremely reluctant to give up a #5 pick unless I was getting someone really good.

Reply #240985 | Report this post

ESP  
Years ago

Exciting move for the Wiz, Miller is a gun.

Reply #241019 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I think this put the Wizards in the top end of the Eastern Conference.

A starting 5 of:

PG: Arenas
SG: Miller
SF: Butler
PF: Jamieson
C: Haywood

with
Foye, Blatche, McGee, Stevenson, McGuire and Young coming of the bench

That is one deep squad.......

Reply #241048 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thought I read something about Gilby maybe going to the Bulls?

Reply #241051 | Report this post

jules  
Years ago

Mike MIller is a corpse

Also, good trade for Minny. They lose Miller, now have the chance to draft 5 and 6 (or package it for a higher pick).

One of Harden/Evans/Rubio are all better than Foye...plus the 6th pick

A young core of Jefferson/Harden(Evans)/6th Pick is a good thing to build the foundations for your team as apposed to Foye/Miller/Jeff.

Reply #241058 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'd love to see how Chicago pulls off a trade for Agent 0. I'm guessing it would have to start with Deng who the Bulls lost some love for.

Gilby just signed a contract extension for over $100 million over 6. I don't think the Bulls are crazy enough in todays economy to want that headache.

Gilbert salary over the next few years reads like a horror book...

09/10: $16,192,079
10/11: $17,730,693
11/12: $19,269,307
12/13: $20,807,921
13/14 $22,346,535

Reply #241059 | Report this post

johnny_sack  
Years ago

Pretty happy with this trade (as long as Randy doesn't turn into the second coming of Chauncey). We get value for Miller and get rid of Randy who probably was never going to pan out in Minny - got rid of his undersized inconsistent person... and have the assets to roll the dice...

I wait to see if this isn't part of a larger trading plan...

Reply #241068 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

If I'm the Wolves I keep both picks. Unless they absolutely love Thabeet I think they should stand where they are. I'd only give up those 2 picks for Griffin, who doesn't fit in Sota.

I don't think Rubio is worth whoever they select at 5 and 6. Teams are slowly moving of the Rubio bandwagon. On DX he's down to 5.

Reply #241075 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

TR, that salary list is pretty horrible. I think Gilby's in it for the blogging and has dropped off the pace a bit. But, Chicago are fall of mid-range kinda guys and they need to package some to trade up for a big name.

Reply #241077 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Problem is I don't think the Bulls really have anything that the Wizards desire. Outside of Rose there isn't much on that Chicago roster in which I'd be willing to trade an all star for.

If it did go down I'd see it as a pure salary dump by the Wizards.

Reply #241081 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Funny that Rubio seems to be dropping off a bit. Some commentators are saying he's the best talent to come out of Europe (ever), which I thought was a huge call at age 18. Also saying his style of play is perfectly suited to the NBA and that he will be the best set-up guy since Nash.

I mean, do you take a guy like Thabeet who has very limited offensive skills or a guy like Rubio who could potenially be one of the great PG's, who is really fun to watch.

I'd hate to be the GM that passed on him if he ends up being a superstar

Reply #241092 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:50 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754