Isaac
Years ago

Ballinger an Australian as of July 9

The Adelaide 36ers United States born basketball star Adam Ballinger will be among 21 people in South Australia who will become Australian citizens tomorrow.

The team's dual MVP, who is signed to the club for the 2009/10 season has also been selected into the Boomers squad and hopes to represent Australia at the 2012 London Olympics.

"It is an honour to be accepted as a citizen into the country that I have made my home. It will open up opportunities for my family and I. It will be a proud day for all of my family" Ballinger said.

The Club is extremely proud of Adam and the fact that he has chosen Adelaide as his first home as a true Australian and the 36ers as his team.

The ceremony will be held at the Migration Museum, 82 Kintore Avenue commencing at 11.00am. The media is welcome to attend.

Adam will be available for interview at the conclusion of the ceremony.
Congratulations!

Topic #20409 | Report this topic

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Well done, Adam.
welcome to the fold.

Reply #242739 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Aussie Aussie Aussie, and all that.

Does this mean that Adam now has to stay up late each night to watch the Ashes?

Reply #242767 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Would be gold to get a contingent of 36ers fans there, would make him feel extremely welcome by the fans. bloody work screws everything up!!

Reply #242771 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

awesome news, such a great guy & even better player!

Reply #242780 | Report this post

Soulman  
Years ago

Great news,not only for 36er fans but Australia in General.Good on ya Ad

Reply #242785 | Report this post

Jay-Jay Manners  
Years ago

We get the third import. Yes?

Reply #242795 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

No, we get a 2nd import. Balls is no longer an import.

Reply #242804 | Report this post

Jay-Jay Manners  
Years ago

Hahahahahahahhahahaha. Oh skip, you total and utter tool.

Cool. Ballinger and two imports. I like this.

Reply #242805 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Clearly Adam will be better value than any 2 imports, more along the lines of the new Brett Maher, but will they offer him the captaincy?

would he take the captaincy??

Reply #242877 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:33 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754