KOBE#8
Years ago

Forman on the Rise

Forman was one of the only guys tonight that could really hold his head up high, Cooper as well.

With his letahl accuracy out side the 3 all year (led the league), and a gutsy display in his first true playoff game, as far as having to be a main contibutor goes, he can hold his head high, as he did hold his own.

With that performance tonight, surely he has to get the 6th Man of the Year award! Honetly if there is anyone elase capable of winning it, I'm curious to know. Newely of the Crocs was great, but can you get ROY and 6MOY in the same season?

If there is anything to get out of this year, it is just how good Oscar was, and how much better he still could be.

Ofcourse there were other positives, but Forman becoming a true Factor for other teams to deal with was a graet one for me to watch.

Topic #2072 | Report this topic

Dick Vitale  
Years ago

Oscar and Coop were consistently better all season.
They both showed it tonight and they both show potential for more improvement for years to come.

Reply #23376 | Report this post

They did play great but I think Cooper slips under the radar as many teams focus on our 'big 3'. No disrespect to his game - I quite like it, just that he does get less pressure (no double teams etc) put on him defensively.

Reply #23388 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Oscar has been a gradual developer and as I've said before, one of the best things is that there are still really obvious areas for improvement. I don't think we're looking at a player that has reached his limits.

I think he did his job tonight very well. Made a good number of shots, and got on the boards. As a bonus, he also hit three threes in the final quarter of an elimination play-off game which is great.

Obviously, as his brother, I'm proud of that, but like I said, there's still improvement to be made and it should be good to see how he goes in the ABL this year. If Holmes is out of the picture, and Maher only playing here and there, Oscar would have to be the top form player in the competition. Hopefully there's room to improve his confidence and aggression.

Reply #23397 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Give him the most Improved award now!

Reply #23425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have to say that before this season I was wondering why Oscar was in the team. He has improved so much this season and has had some more than good games under pressure.
I'm sure that he can improve more and confidence is such an insidious thing.

Congrats on a very good season Oscar look forward to seeing more from you.

Reply #23426 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

IMO, the choices for Most Improved Player in the NBL in 2004/05 are:

Kelvin Robertson, Crocs:

2004: 6.3 PPG, 2.2 RPG, 2.0 APG.
42% FG, 29% 3P, 74% FT.

2005: 10.5 PPG, 2.6 RPG, 3.1 APG.
47% FG, 36% 3P, 76% FT.

Improvement: 4.2 PPG, 0.4 RPG, 1.1 APG.
5% FG, 7% 3P, 2% FT.
More turnovers, more steals. First season in double figure scoring.

---

Peter Crawford, Wildcats (Crocs in 2004)

2004: 12.0 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 2.6 APG.
42% FG, 37% 3P, 83% FT.

2005: 16.1 PPG, 6.4 RPG, 3.9 APG.
49% FG, 39% 3P, 71% FT.

Improvement: 4.1 PPG, 1.9 RPG, 1.3 APG.
7% FG, 2% 3P, -12% FT.
Doubled steals, but doubled turnovers. 4th season in double figure scoring.

---

Oscar Forman, 36ERS

2004: 5.9 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 0.7 APG.
45% FG, 34% 3P, 55% FT.

2005: 9.8 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 0.7 APG.
48% FG, 47% 3P, 87% FT.

Improvement: 3.9 PPG, 2.3 RPG, 0.0 APG.
3% FG, 13% 3P, 32% FT.
Doubled steals, fewer turnovers.

---
Bold indicates leader out of these three.

Reply #23467 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:41 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754