Flinders80
Years ago

Gilchrist the NEW Ricky Grace

Big call but I think he may make a long career in the NBL from what I have seen of their trainings. Hope I'm right.

Topic #20788 | Report this topic

boom  
Years ago

how can you tell if he is going to play in the NBL for a long time just by watching trainings?
(before he has even played a single game too!!)

Reply #246846 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Haha yeah I agree, big call on watching trainings only. Grace was one of the best import guards ever in our league.

Reply #246847 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

He nailed a triple from deep and yelled "15 years and naturalised, baby!"

Reply #246848 | Report this post

mayhems  
Years ago

I've caught some trainings too - he does look good - lets just hope he turns that into game night performance - a strong new import from the start of the season would be nice for a change!

Reply #246849 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Lets just hope that he can go right then..

Reply #246856 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Wasn't the idiot on Gaze.com saying Tyndale after a couple of games was going to be one of the best Imports in the NBL ever. With a comparison to Leroy Loggins..... We all know how well he ended up going!

All Signs for Gilchrist have been great so far but we can't get to ahead of our selves just yet.

Reply #246861 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Think I'll mosey on down tomorrow for a look for myself.

Reply #246863 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

What time does training start Skip? I didnt think trainings are open to the public at the moment?

Reply #246867 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

They had to cancel the last training cos some guy wanted to shoot around.

Reply #246875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tyndale was definitely an NBL-worthy import, just not in the number one scorer type mould. He was everything Dave Thomas was when he was young. Tyndale could easily get 20 a game but in O boards, filling the lanes and getting to the line. He created well for his team mates and I felt played great defense. The Sixers were just not a great fit for him. And having a horror game on national TV against the Dragons sealed his fate. The kid is fresh from college and will make a long, successful career.

Reply #246876 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

That and hodge was free to be signed.

Reply #246880 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Comparing Tyndale to Dave Thomas is a joke!

"The kid is fresh from college and will make a long, successful career."

Really? Anyone know if he even plays anymore!?

Reply #246881 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Actually he last played for Iowa Energy in the D league averaging 11ppg, 5rpg, and 2apg

Reply #246883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tyndale just wasn't NBL import standard.

Reply #246885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tough gig going straight out of college into one of the top pro leagues.

Reply #246888 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

That's a weak excuse. Lots of NBL imports have gone straight from college into the NBL and done well.

Anyone know if trainings are open tomorrow and what time??

Reply #246894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

King James,
That idiot you referring to from Gaze.com is Daniel Eade and has written some of the biggest dribble you will ever come across.
The 36ers under Ninnis have never had a closed training, open to anyone I believe as long as come through the admin area.

Reply #246899 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

They are training from 10-12 tomorrow King James. I'll be popping along.

Reply #246902 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

I remember that. Tyndale compared to Loggins. Many lulz ensued.

Tyndale sucked, full stop.

Reply #246908 | Report this post

hanging round  
Years ago

Mike Chappell was touted as a superstar only 12 months ago.
Good luck to the new guys and hope it all goes well for them.

Reply #246909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KingJames - how many have come straight from college recently and been successful?

Reply #246912 | Report this post

vanexel31  
Years ago

got 2 Gilchrist college games on DVD both against Chris Paul and Wake Forest. He looks good, really runs the team and does not turn the ball over. He has great lateral movement on defence, and is a good passer. His shot back then was decent but not outstanding and I think his coach held him back a bit as he was not real aggressive attacking the basket. When he did go to the basket he did it well. Keep in mind the games were 5 years ago so I believe he would have improved.

Fellow Maryland teammate Nik Caner-Medley impressed me, I think he was a better version of Joe Ingles. Id like to see a Maryland import connection in the near future, not sure if Caner-Medley is playing anywhere.

Reply #246913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Played for CLips in last summer league averaging 11-12 ppg. Last year at Cajasol in the ACB in Spain, so obviously still playing some alright ball.

Reply #246915 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Lol at TC2

Reply #246916 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

finally!!!

;-)

Reply #246922 | Report this post

Samba  
Years ago

Just let the guy play, dont go adding any extra pressure by sharing opinions like this....YET!

Besides, if he ends up being as good as Grace, with the financial state of this league, he will be playing in Europe within a year.

Reply #246932 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

"Gilchrist the NEW Ricky Grace"

What, he only goes left?

Reply #246933 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

I do remember about this time last year that Mark Tydale was the NEW Robert Rose, what a dissappointment that was!
So I wouldn't get all that excited yet people.

Reply #246938 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Grace may have only gone left but it took every other club 15 years to work that out and even then they still couldn't stop him.

Reply #246951 | Report this post

mayhems  
Years ago

You might want to check with the club before you pop down to trainings, I think you'll find they are closed to the general public at the moment.

Reply #246954 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Samba, how would you rate the financial state of Europe at the moment?

Reply #246962 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Mayhems - there are a few from the general public in here now.

Reply #246971 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Had a bit of look 10-11.30 today.
Gilchrist - not good today.
Ballinger - clearly best with no Burston... Coops was pretty good and Holmes, Ballinger as centres very good.
Not too much excitment from others, today.

Reply #246972 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

Yes - I was scared if Burston was injured.
But Ballinger was brilliant today and Cooper was very,very good with some Holmes also.
Gilchrist played terribly,but we all have our moments.
A little bit of Groves and Ng not bad, but not brilliant today.

Reply #246982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I never expected Ng to be brilliant so that doesn't bother me. I am more concerned about Burston and him being prone to injuries!!

Reply #246995 | Report this post

mayhems  
Years ago

Skip

Cool - just re-quoting the official line I heard from management is all.

Reply #247000 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:55 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754