Isaac
Years ago

36ers set for Perth series

The Adelaide 36ers leave for Perth on Monday to play three pre-season games against the Wildcats in suburban stadiums at Craigie, Waroona and Eaton over the following week.

Brad Hill (ankle) and Matt Burston (knee) will be rested from the trip as the vacant spots are instead used to trial potential U23 selections and development players.

Chris Molitor remains in consideration for the U23 spot while Tom Garlepp and Erik Burdon are options for the development spots.

Today, an internal scrimmage will include SA player Shannon Seebohm who is continuing recovery from a near-fatal incident on court two years ago in Melbourne.

---

Remember that season tickets are still available, including family tickets for two adults and two children U14 that start at $570. Hit adelaide36ers.com for more info.

Topic #20795 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

Sorry, I though the $570 was what Perth are charging for the practice games

Reply #246975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does that mean the U/23 rule only applies to one contracted player?

Therefore, development restrictions are U/25?

Is there any age limit on development players?

Reply #246977 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Paul, nice one!

Anon, yeah, each team must have an U23 player in the ten-man roster. Not sure of the exact limitations on development players, but I think there'd be an age restriction and also maybe a maximum number of years they can serve in that role?

Does anyone know the specific info?

Reply #246979 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

All I know specifically is that we are going to kick your arse. Might as well stay home.

Reply #246980 | Report this post

aaa  
Years ago

Isaac,

Do you know how bad Burston's knee injury is??

Should we be concerned??

Reply #246984 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Was on the bike in Yvonne's photo without any brace on (not sure if that's common for a knee injury and cycling though) so I don't think it would be too serious?

Reply #246987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Development players must be Under 23 as well, hence Garlepp and Burdon do not qualify.

Reply #246989 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Burston just a precaution not playing Perth.
Was having a few shots today, not far away from playing,and as I say I loved Ballinger at centre today, easily best player and top scorer.

Reply #246990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Camel did you watch training?

I thought all sessions were held behind locked doors and not available to be viewed by the public.

Reply #246991 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yeah - I was there this morning - there's some comments about it on Gichrist ( the new Grace)

Reply #246992 | Report this post

yvonne  
Years ago

Here are a few images from the 36ers scrimmage today.

url:

http://linky.com.au/w11df

Reply #247006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I think you have to be under 23 to be a Development Player and can only be one for two seasons I think. If correct that would mean Erik Burdon won't be with the 36ers this season.

Reply #247007 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Last year the age restriction was the same as the YAP player, which was effectively U24. If it is the same then Garlepp and Burdon both qualify (I think).

Reply #247009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

paul, you'd probably know the answer to this more than what I would but isn't there a restriction on how many seasons you can be a DP? I think Burdon has been one with us for a couple of seasons now.

Reply #247011 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

From what i've heard Garlepp has already been given the 11th spot, so if you see any injuries (Cooper), you will see Garlepp play, so at some stage he will play for the sixers this season.

Reply #247028 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Was lucky to catch training today also,Garlepp seems to be a good pick up hope we can squeeze him into the team.

Reply #247031 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Anon, off the top of my head I believe 3 years is the max as a DP - but not 100% sure on that.

Reply #247051 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Garlepp has been putting up some good numbers in the SBL playoffs recently. Has almost single-handedly led his team to the GF, beating the heavily-favoured Hawks in the semis.
He is a great pickup, its shame that circumstances forced him out of the the Cats squad.

Reply #247059 | Report this post

Years ago

Check #246989 again please:
Development players must be Under 23 (by Dec 31st).
Garlepp, Burdon and Hoban for that matter DO NOT QUALIFY!

Reply #247157 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:27 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754