So...what do people think?

Topic #20838 | Report this topic

ranga  
Years ago

Wat r they??

Reply #247476 | Report this post

asho  
Years ago

Andrew Just and Vanessa Devlin in the West v Forestville Womens Prelim at Port Adelaide

Nathan Durant and Ben McDonald in the Norwood v Forestville Mens Prelim at Mars

Some good refs on the side lines, but you can only have 4 refs at this stage of the season, so someone is always going to miss out.

Vargha and Nathan Wieland would have been pretty tough to leave out

Reply #247479 | Report this post

Depth  
Years ago

I think you will find Nathan Wieland would have been there No 1 official and is being rested for the Grand Final.......

Reply #247488 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Years ago

Just a question. i understand everyone wants the best referee's appointed to the games. But, is your ABL seen as a development league or the league in South Australia? The reason i ask is the likes of Filmer, Haines, Weiland and McDonald are all on the NBL panel. Whouldnt it be prudent to develop your kids in the ABL and expose them to finals games so as to improve them so that you can close the gap between the elite officials in SA and the next level?

Reply #247492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Depth,

Resting refs - now I have heard everything. I didn't see his last game - did he take a couple of knocks and has general soreness to overcome!!

Reply #247506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sebastian neither Haines or Filmer have been involved in the Finals as they have refereed too many NBL games. I believe the same policy is being applied in SA as is being applied in all other states.

Reply #247524 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

Andrew Filmer is so much better than Ben McDonald.
McDonald couldnt ref to save his life! Pfft....to that

Reply #247629 | Report this post

Get over it  
Years ago

Dave

Could you please get over the Benn bashing when you can not even spell his name correctly and he has twice won "Referee of the Year"

I wonder what you have achieved behind the security of your computer

Reply #247661 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Years ago

Blisters lol

Reply #247662 | Report this post

Graeme_LeBroy  
Years ago

Hahaha Ouch, cop that "Dave"!

Well done to all appointments and good luck for their respective games. Have an excellent call.

Reply #247675 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:58 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754