JoJo
Years ago

Farley's Defense

Anyone else notice how many points Brisbane scored because of Farley's poor team defence?
Aside from his normal ball watching, he made some ridiculous attempts to double team and switch which meant that his man was left wide open forcing the rest of our guys to have to constantly help out and rotate leaving either guys wide open for shots or not blocked out resulting in easy offensive rebounds.
I must admit i haven't seen that many games this year and I know that Farley has never been the best defender but was he worse than normal on Friday?

Topic #2094 | Report this topic

Saw it too  
Years ago

He has always been a patchy defender (ie plays D after he scores!). Friday wasn't good. The best defense is five guys all stopping their player. Fair enough you need to help out sometimes but Farley's judgement on when to trap and double down was bad on Friday.
But let's not jerk our knees too much - a knockout final is crap!

Reply #23689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shocking defense on those outside shooters cost us the game. castle, 3 3s in the first quarter. kerle 3 3s in the second and black another 3 in the third! they just kept doing the same thing and getting wide open.

Reply #23698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is Farley's game tho. He leads the steals for us because he does take risks. He just got exposed badly on Friday. But credit to Brisbane and especially Black. The wide open shots may have been because of poor D but at least a couple of Black's 3's were against good D. He just made some huge shots. And when we got up he went around and created for others. He was awesome especially in that third quarter when the sixers would've regrouped after half time - and then Whack!

Reply #23701 | Report this post

Coach S  
Years ago

WHo's gonna tell him - not me!

Reply #23707 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Ahhh....looking for a scapegoat are we people? Give me a break.

Reply #23710 | Report this post

Farviewer  
Years ago

Well the real reason we lost is that it was a full moon that night, Venus and Mars were unaligned, and the Spirits of 36rs Ghosts past were on vacation. FFS some dudes are worse than the AFL commentators as to drawing out the most miniscule of reasons in analysing to the nth degree to try and find out why!! We lost, the better TEAM on the night won!! End of story. new Chapters next season.

:(

Reply #23717 | Report this post

Cliche  
Years ago

Farviewer you have no idea.
Well done for your in depth analysis of the game. Yes, the better team won on the night. Maybe this thread was commenting on won of the reasons why Brisbane were the better team on the night! I didn't see any Brisbane players leaving Maher and Farley open only to run around aimlessly thinking that they are somehow applying defensive pressure by doing so.

Reply #23721 | Report this post

yeah  
Years ago

why dont we just ge trid of him then...loser jojo

Reply #23724 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I'm guessing JoJo (English) is available...

Reply #23752 | Report this post

Map of Tassie  
Years ago

Give him a cape and call him Superman. I have never seen anyone lunge so much trying to steal the ball in the passing lane.

Reply #23776 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

This is exactly why one-game elimination finals are a joke. The thing I love about playoff basketball, both the NBL and the NBA, is the adjustments that are made from game to game within the series. The chess match between coaches and the players ability to put those adjustments into action is a fascinating part of playoff basketball that the first round has been robbed of since the move to the new format.

Farley's defensive misjudgements are a prime example of that. Don't you think in training the next couple of days, Phil could have worked to get the timing of the defense better, to work on how to play their screens better depending on which two players are involved and no doubt throw some new strategy into the offense. If it worked in game 2, it would have been up to Brisbane to adjust to and see what they could throw at the Sixers in game 3.

You still get this stuff in the semis and the grand final, but I miss it in the first round.

Reply #23878 | Report this post

bacon  
Years ago

Rob Farley is the one of the worst defenders in the NBL going around. the 36ers were bottom of the ladder because of him. Im a big fan of the 36ers but Farley is my most hated player in the 36ers team because of his defence.

(Mod: I'm so, so sorry.)

Reply #39342 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Stupidist post for the week and it's only Monday!

Reply #39345 | Report this post

ROB FARLEY...have i missed something? when did he change his name and when were the Sixers bottom of the ladder?

Reply #39346 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:30 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754