blaze.nation
Years ago

Blaze crack the "500 barrier"!!

Yes friday was the day we sold our 500th membership. looking very promising for this season.

We also had our season launch last night with all the players etc. larry sengsock was also there saying how close the league will be this year and blaze will be right up there.

Other teams had their launches yet?

Topic #20988 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Sixers membership is almost 3,000, i think.

Reply #249207 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

Yep, 6ers are around 2950 or so - pushing for the 3000 soon, hopefully the trial match drives some ticket sales next week.

Reply #249208 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

I wouldn't have thought that any guest speaker, particularly not one who represents the entire NBL, would have said "the Blaze will be shit this year, might as well give them the spoon now."

Reply #249214 | Report this post

curtley  
Years ago

The Blaze should do some sort of membership deal with the titans and GC17 when possible, many sports teams have avoided this because it looks like they are promoting another sport, but it surely could be done effectively.

Reply #249215 | Report this post

Number 44  
Years ago

I think you need to remember that the 36ers are selling a lot of memberships that don't include game tickets.

Reply #249221 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Define 'a lot'...

Reply #249224 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I think Blaze should've sold a lot more season tickets by now, keeping in mind they finished last and crowds were down all year.
Considering poor on court performance ties in with poor crowd turn out, Tomlinson should've known he has some ground to cover with existing and potential fans to convince them to fork out an exorbitant amount of money for a season ticket and hasn't done anything to make up any ground between the two.
Their prices are steep, even for a club that would've performed well, so I think he and his family need to understand and admit that just because they want the money and tickets sold, it doesn't necessarily mean the public will jump on the idea without anything to justify it with and no appeal.

Reply #249226 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

Number 44 - the 3k figure is season ticket sales only - doesn't include the memberships that have been sold in addition.

Reply #249227 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

Whilst on the topic - has anyone seen how expensive the Tigers pacakges are?

Reply #249228 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

No, sorry.
As much as I don't like the Tigers, I have to admit there's a certain amount of expectation and previous form to go on to perhaps justify the price unlike Blaze?

Reply #249230 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Important to remember that the Blaze are such a new club. A team like Adelaide has had years to build up loyal supporters, and it will take the Blaze time - especially after their poor play of last year, which saw their crowds drop significantly.

Reply #249231 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

That's pretty much the point I was making.
Tomlinson will need to figure out more than just wanting to sell tickets to get customers to justify doing so.

Reply #249235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blaze need to have the staff in place that can properly market the club in a challenging market.
They have Claxton who is a business novice. The owners wife now as GM. Ex basketball players McGregor and Thompson in key membership/promotion roles. Leaving maybe 1 staffer with some real business experience.
The way things are heading the blaze could be out and the bullets in next season, despite the blaze actually having a great facility to play in.

The clubs that do that best will be the ones that treat it like a business and not just a job for the boys set up.

Reply #249236 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

Well said.
Every smart business (particularly one that has some ground to cover in terms of regaining previous support) knows that sometimes to appeal to customers you have to think like them and put yourself in their shoes of how THEY perceive your product being value for money and providing adequate choices etc.
You can't tell customers what they are allowed to want and pay for- they tell you, and if the organisation isn't listening to that feedback, then they're slowly shooting themselves in the foot.

Reply #249237 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Blaze's first season drew pretty good crowds, I dont think it is time for doom and gloom. Only way they will be out is if the owners have dummy spit ala Dragons - and the Blaze owners certainly arent wasting money to the degree the Dragons did.

Reply #249242 | Report this post

HAHA  
Years ago

I wouldn't say it's doom and gloom as such but still concerning, even for thr Tomlinsons themselves, remembering that at the end of last season after pissing away nearly M$3 before the end of the season and nothing to show for it, they pleaded with the NBL and media, saying they had to remortgage their homes and if they weren't in for this season, they'd end up on the verge of bankruptcy.
They do however, need to get real, because they're just not bringing in enough to justify their spending, particularly if they themselves can see that.
If they don't change their spending habits until they can at least start bringing money in, then that's when their fate will be pretty much sealed.

Reply #249245 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Number 44, the standalone memberships aren't a big percentage of the sales, AFAIK.

Reply #249251 | Report this post

blaze.nation  
Years ago

our season opener vs crocs is sold out by the way 5000+ expected.

Reply #249330 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

For a sold out game it's strange that you can still buy tickets quite easily on Ticketek.com.au. Seats available in nearly all the price brackets too.

Very strange.

Reply #249335 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

blaze.nation - please find another forum and don't come back to this one.

Reply #249405 | Report this post

blaze.nation  
Years ago

ok, can you recommend a decent forum please then?? doesnt seem to be alot around??

Reply #249407 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Go find the Save the Dragons forum, or OzHoops. I don't care. Lying about selling out a game is lame.

Reply #249409 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:18 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754