Bake
Years ago

Is there a colour change in the air

Will we see the Sixers in red this year?

The coaching staff and player support were wearing red polo tops, the keyways painted red, the bumper sticker and the keyring handed out with seasons tickets also coloured red.

How about Coopers Ale red at home Pale Ale green away?

Topic #20996 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

the home singlet will still be blue i think.

Reply #249338 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I think someone else mentioned that they were going to be red home. They also said today that there would be a new jersey at the 1st home game. Personally i like royal blue over red but they have to find something they like and stick to it and build a tradition.

Reply #249339 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

I have been following the Sixers for a long time and remember the heartache when we switched from red to blue. We were distinctive, at the time, then suddenly we were the same colour as the Kerle led Brisbane Bullets team our arch rivals.

I have no particular preference now but didn't mind the blue used in today's game. I just feel that the cicumstantial evidence is that we are about to change back to a red uniform.

Brett Maher's signature and number on the court is another nice touch.

Reply #249343 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I really like the blue and whilst yes back when the change from red to blue happened there were many unsatisfied fans. BUT the problem I see now is that the Tigers are Red, the Wildcats (were not sure this season) Red.
Not many clubs going around in the Blue anymore and it is a good colour for fans to wear along to the game etc.

But on the flip side a total change to red could be a good way to identify everyone about the new Sixers, the changes taking place and a great direction they are heading.

Reply #249344 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

Red is also considered to be a kucky colur to the Chinese. What is the racial heritage of one of the owners? (Joke)

Reply #249346 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Red 8 all the way!

Reply #249348 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

The state colour for SA is Red, and the Sixers were always red until Pura Milk came along. Is anyone on here going along to te season launch? I believe they are revealing the uniform then.

Reply #249349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Red is also the Colour of the 36ers biggest sporting rivals in Adelaide, Adelaide United "Reds".

Going to Red would be a stupid decision to make based on that alone.

Reply #249350 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

I didn't think that Adelaide United had been admitted ti the New NBL.

Reply #249352 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Anon - Stupider than looking like the Crows last season?

Reply #249353 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Ben Rutten's face is red after that costly blunder last night.

Reply #249354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Skip, state colours are Red, Yellow and Blue. Sixers polo's looked similar to a team with which we shared a uniform provider and with which we had a partnership. Big Deal. Plus now I can get cold chips and hamburgers at a 36ers game just like I do at a Crows game now that the Dome have the same caterers as AAMI. There's an obvious connection and I'm sorry but any similarity didn't bother me in the slightest.

Considering both clubs have/will move away from Adidas it wouldn't have happened again if we'd remained Blue anyway.

Hardly think anyone will be choosing between going to a Crows game or a 36ers game will they? A lot of sponsors support both the 36ers and Crows from what I can tell. Can't say the same about 36ers and United. Plus as we play at the same time of year as the soccer they are our biggest rivals for support from the public and media locally.

Wonder what United feel about it.

Plus there's the issue of 8 teams in the league and half Hawks, Wildcats, Tigers and now Sixers having the same main colour.

Reply #249367 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Anonymous - If that really is your name. Our main state colour is Red. The blue and gold are secondary colours. Hence state uniforms are always mostly if not all red.

Although one man thought because he owned the Adelaide 36ers finacially he could do with the name what he lked, including letting it die. The SOS group have thankfully come to the recuse and made it clear from day one that the Adelaide 36ers are for all the people of South Australia. Moving the uniform BACK to the state colours would be a fantastic move IMO.

The colours of other NBL teams uniforms doesnt matter as every team has an away unifrom.

As a massive ANTI Crows fan, I have hated wearing my 36ers polo out in the past. Even at the airport on Friday I had a news reporter approach me and ask me if I was travelling to Melbourne to watch the Crows. (And yes, that is mostly because of Adidas)

As long as the uniforms and clothing had splashes of Blue and Yellow, I dont think we really need to worry abotu Adelaide United. Lets also not forget that the Redbacks are Red too.

Reply #249374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Skip - if that is your real name. You may associate the state with Red. I associate the state with Red, Gold and Blue.

That one man didn't change the club's uniform. Bit of a strange tangent for you to turn to. Blame the previous owner for anything and everything that went wrong. Funny didn't mind taking his money and working for him did you?

The Sixers have always been the State's colours, they aren't moving back to the state colours, they're choosing to highlight one over another. I couldn't care less just don't see why there is so much love for Red, it's an ugly colour and I believe a stupid move especially considering Adelaide United are red and in fact are called the Adelaide United REDS.

As long as they win what colour they wear doesn't bother me. Just stop with all the nonsense.

Reply #249384 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Check the SA Great website. You will find that it states that our State colour is Red with secondary colours Blue and Gold.

I didnt blame Mal for anything, I highlighted that fact that he didnt seem to mind if the team just died, in fact I seem to remember a qutoe along the lines of 'It's my team and I'll do with it what I like'. The SOS group are bringing it back to the people of SA and a move to the original colour which also happen to be the PROPER state colour would be a good move.

If it doesnt matter to you, why would you say it was stupid in the first place?

Reply #249385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How good were the Sixers today!!!! The Crows lost the game in the third quarter last night and contrast the Sixers who won the game against Wollongong in the third quarter today. Games are won and lost in the third and Gillie stepped up so good in the third supported by a strong defence!!!!

This Sixers team is looking good. The noise in the Dome today was awesome even with only 1500 or so in attendance.

If you are not at the games then you are missing out bad.......the atmosphere is just fantastic!!!

Reply #249393 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I like the idea of returning to red. It would definitely be a bold statement from the new ownership. Symbolic of change, but harking back to the Sixers earlier history when they were a perennial power in the NBL. Predominant red with some blue and gold piping would work nicely I reckon.

The Coopers home red (sparkling) and green away (pale) sounds like fun too, but those two colours are probably a a bit too incongruent to be realistic!

Reply #249394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As for the colour........purple would be nice.....very regal!!!!!

Reply #249395 | Report this post

The Phantom  
Years ago

Purple & Black is the go & could all wear a mask. Would look fantastic.

Reply #249397 | Report this post

Bake  
Years ago

Oh No, Purple=Kings

NO NO NO NO NO

Reply #249402 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Imagine calling yourself the "Reds" when there were already a team of "Redbacks". Suicide...

Red or blue - not fussed too much.

Reply #249406 | Report this post

blaze.nation  
Years ago

RED IS A BAD WAY TO GO. WILDCATS, HAWKS, TIGERS ON OCCASIONS ARE ALL RED. STAY WITH WHATEVER YOU WERE. BLAZE JERSEYS LOOK GREAT THIS YEAR (COLLEGE STYLE)

BTW WE DONT HAVE MAJOR SPONSOR YET. ANY INTERESTED PARTIES??

Reply #249414 | Report this post

Number 44  
Years ago

Message to 36ers management: GREAT to see no advertising on the uniforms, looks a lot better, more like the NBA.

Good to see the owners have backed the team enough out of their own pockets to not need to get sponsorship on the tops. Well Done.

Reply #249421 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Number 44 - What you saw yesterday were training tops.
I would be very surprised if there wasnt any sponsorship on the actual uniforms.

Reply #249428 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

Hawks, Wildcats, Tigers all wear red uniforms.

Sixers won three championships wearing blue uniforms (and having a yellow away).

Would be awesome if down the track the sixers were to follow the Lakers with a Sunday alternative, or in the sixers case as the majority of games are played on a Saturday, any other home game not on Saturdays they wear an alternative.
Ie home games on Saturdays blue; non Saturday home games red (which could be retro styled)

Reply #249440 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

SA State basketball junior teams wear red, so it would be good for the 36ers to be the same.

Would not be surprised at all if a few other teams changed colours, i.e. BA would no doubt like the Wildcats in Yellow for similar marketing reasons..

Reply #249442 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Home colours dark/ish
Away colours light/ish
Therefore the wildcats will not play at home in yellow.

Reply #249458 | Report this post

Hems  
Years ago

I don't get why people are so worked up about this. I think going back to red is the best way to get some tradition going with the uniforms (just have a look at the photos on the wall in the dome - the change to blue was a sponsorship one, pure and simple - or should that be pura), but I'm not going to cry in to my weeties if they don't.

Let's not forget we haven't had a state colour for the last few years - I think you'll find the navy we had was NOT a state colour, and that shade of yellow for last years aways sure as hell wasn't state yellow either. So a return to some tradition would be good, but I still loved the team last year (even in that awful yellow away strip) and every other season since I was a kid.

As long as we are playing good ball, I'm happy.

Reply #249470 | Report this post

If  
Years ago

they need hardwood classics!

Reply #249834 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:31 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754